Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xpade

What’s more bannable?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Xpade said:

Hehe.  There might be some people, if we’re taking names for real message me.

 I’ve gotten to the point where I take it quite seriously and if I’m in a group, I have to kindly let them know I intent to spend the foreseeable future following said player, and implementing the “choices have consequences” plan.  Like the new troll yesterday who thought he could just 5 finger discount everything from several people (we weren’t the only victims).  Then kite me around, went into a house and realized when I stand in the door, he’s in an adults version of time out.... I offered a /trade for him to “post bail” but then wanted to cry in global that he didn’t care he was locked in a house.  He tried to act like he didn’t care and logged out for about 20 minutes and upon logging back in he realized I had started a 2 hour crafting session in support of my guild.  There was some more crying and a /trade was offered to him again.  At the end of the day, he tried to talk the big game but ended up logging out a while later.  I got some crafting done and had a series of nice screen shots to pass along to my guild so when our members are around they can be aware of any repeat offenders.

P.S.  I might have found a bug/exploit.  ACE may want to implement a /stuck function, or add back doors if they don’t condone collision detection blocking of doorways.  

Haha now this is what i call payback.

You are right that ACE should look at it though. If you time it right you can even lock a whole group inside a building.

Creating multiple exits would help but wouldnt solve the underlying problem. I cant think of any better solution though. The /stuck command could work but i think the use of commands should be avoided whenever possible.

BTW can windows be used to exit a building? I think i never saw someone going through them. Creating a option for closing/opening them (from inside only?) could also be interesting and open some gameplay options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did all griefing possible scenarios in pvp games as well as other persons did with me some of em also

What can I say? I like it. No griefing - no hate - no pvp. Pvp just for pvp has no reason

 

And nothing from and for griefing should be bannable. Hard griefing = mechanic abuse. So, broken game mechanic's should get fixed. It is developer's fault, not players

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Xpade said:

P.S.  I might have found a bug/exploit.  ACE may want to implement a /stuck function, or add back doors if they don’t condone collision detection blocking of doorways.  

That is a tough one, sure blocking your own team would be quite the grefing, but blocking the enemy somewhere inside (or outside, say plug that hole the punched on your keep wall with a bunch of knights), forcing the enemy to fight their way through, is a perfectly valid tactic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

https://crowfall.com/en/travian/rules-of-conduct/

In-Game Rules of Conduct

Crowfall is a game centered on immersive group and faction-based PvP conflict. Therefore, it is to be expected that players will be entrenched in a hard-hitting, ferociously competitive in-game experience. In the midst of winning and losing, emotions can and will run high.

It is also to be expected that certain other aspects of conflict, including espionage and betrayal, will feature heavily in the tactics employed by players. So long as such activities are undertaken within the parameters set forth by the Terms & Conditions and this Forum Rules of Conduct —meaning that no exploits or other abuses of Travian Games's rules and policies occur— it is considered appropriate play.

Specifically, the elements below are allowed in-game, so long as the context is within the in-game conflict:

ridicule, mock, taunt, stalk, threaten, harass, betray, scam, intimidate or abuse

 

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you forgotten thieves in SB??? Most of you here are coming with some experience with that game....it’s all fair in love and war in my opinion. I can remember farming mobs with a whole group and some thief came in and ninjas our whole group. Sometimes he got away sometimes we’d find him and kill him and then hunt him down for days lol...

That was the fun in that game. I had commander runes stollen for me that took me a week to farm sometimes lol...risk is what we asked for to come back in mmos and in this game specifically so I’d say meh..looks like you guys got him good, congrats. Maybe next time he’ll think twice or maybe he’ll come back with more friends and retake it and more lol

edit: if it’s someone on your own faction that’s a tougher issue...in that case have it flag him for PvP by everyone or put some kind of bounty on him or possibly a ban but I think what you guys did by body blocking him is fair justice. 

Edited by Greyowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tinnis said:

childs play.

i used npc zombies to friendly fire an allied fort

tark set up a faction cctv private twitch camera

etc

That spy cam on the other hand is probably against the TOS and if if were effective enough and truly created a big problem for the faction the dev could step in and ban. It goes against the spirit of the game to broadcast that way. I know similar things happen all the time and aren't against the tos like spying but there is a clear distinction between relaying information in secret through chat and streaming "cctv" to the masses.

That said I doubt anyone wants to do it bad enough to make an impact and call attention to themselves by ACE who would be obligated to step up and put a stop to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think a "spy cam" should be bannable either, as long as the spy character is in the world in a normal (killable) state and not exploiting. Broadcasting your location seems like a good way to get murdered.


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One man's griefing is another's preferred game play.  Some people like MMOs with training wheels and guard rails to protect them while others like hard core pvp.  Outer band people have their place and probably shouldn't play in the Dregs. 

That being said, stealing from your Alliance mates and forced on you friends should make your name go red so that they can kill you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zolaz said:

One man's griefing is another's preferred game play.  Some people like MMOs with training wheels and guard rails to protect them while others like hard core pvp.  Outer band people have their place and probably shouldn't play in the Dregs. 

That being said, stealing from your Alliance mates and forced on you friends should make your name go red so that they can kill you.

I remember the first question my guild mates and I had back in December was “ how do we flag to kill the same faction” after we saw the doober crisis.  

I’m all for the game play and really don’t mind the grief as it’s not the end of the world and can usually be dealt with.  Trolls breed trolls and rants get responded to in rants....or just place crafting window over the chat box...

i thought it would be a cool topic to discuss and see where the community opinion was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xpade said:

I remember the first question my guild mates and I had back in December was “ how do we flag to kill the same faction” after we saw the doober crisis.  

I’m all for the game play and really don’t mind the grief as it’s not the end of the world and can usually be dealt with.  Trolls breed trolls and rants get responded to in rants....or just place crafting window over the chat box...

i thought it would be a cool topic to discuss and see where the community opinion was.

Im with you.  If someone steals from you should be able to kill them back.  There is only one penalty for man burners and horse thieves. 

7fce2995283c9a5c3d913410f2331f27--loneso

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/22/2018 at 4:46 PM, Xpade said:

...snip...

i thought it would be a cool topic to discuss and see where the community opinion was.

I''ll tell ya what the community is organized around FREE THE PACK PIGS! 

Hey hey! Ho ho! Leather armor has to go!

Say it loud! Say it clear! Wild boars are welcome here!

Boars grab back!

You woke yet?

:D

 

On 1/22/2018 at 8:17 AM, Tinnis said:

childs play.

i used npc zombies to friendly fire an allied fort

tark set up a faction cctv private twitch camera

etc

Tark is most likely responsible for 97% of all Trolls, griefs, and hacks, on the severs and forums. And that's just for this game. He is the most intelligent young man I have ever met and is exceptionally mature for his age. He is highly educated and extremely driven on everything tech related. He's a savant.   

 

On 1/22/2018 at 3:29 PM, touchmybow said:

That spy cam on the other hand is probably against the TOS and if if were effective enough and truly created a big problem for the faction the dev could step in and ban. It goes against the spirit of the game to broadcast that way. I know similar things happen all the time and aren't against the tos like spying but there is a clear distinction between relaying information in secret through chat and streaming "cctv" to the masses.

That said I doubt anyone wants to do it bad enough to make an impact and call attention to themselves by ACE who would be obligated to step up and put a stop to it.

The TOS does not apply to Tark he is not old enough to enter into a legal contract, he's only nine years old,

 

On 1/21/2018 at 1:08 PM, VIKINGNAIL said:

I don't think either are bannable offenses and I also think this situation plays out much better on a full FF server.

Oh hi there VN I was wondering when you where going to come in and talk about Friendly Fire again, whelp there's the other 3% 

Edited by corvax

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2018 at 4:22 PM, BarriaKarl said:

I think doober stealing is the worse of the two. If there was some risks about stealing i wouldnt mind but just exploiting the faction immunity is really shameful.

The way you dealt with is also okay IMO. The game rules didnt allow you to just fight it out so you had to improvise. If anything the fault would be with the game or ACE for allowing such player behaviour.

In your shoes i would memorize the player name so that i can hunt and kill him at every opportunity and probably rally people on chat to do the same. This is what might be going too far.

Not going too far - going far enough to discourage the behavior. This is social engineering of the exact type this game promotes. Granted, the devs have apparently decided that the doober thievery is NOT working as intended, but while it is implemented, I don't see why either of these actions is exploitative or bannable. Douchey, sure, but no one ever said being an unpleasant person was against the law.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle#Pre-alpha <--this is where we are. If your complaint is that the game don't not works good, come back later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heh.

Any time you see an opportunity to use the faction system to grief someone, it's not a matter of who should be banned. Its not the player's fault that the system isn't well implemented. Factions will probably require a few extra rules to prevent stuff like doober stealing simply because you can't directly bash the thief in the head, and I honestly can't see factions working properly with friendly fire without opening them up to uncontrollable amounts of metagaming.

So, you done good, but doober stealing guy also done good by calling attention to an unintended quirk of the faction system that ACE should probably fix. Factions are basically systemic superguilds, so the actual faction server rules should probably prevent people from doing stuff they wouldn't do if they could get kicked out of their guild for it. Seems a little carebear, but when you throw a bunch of random people on the same team I think it really is necessary to physically prevent them from interfering with their random teammates too much, otherwise it just becomes chaos and you may as well not have a faction server.


PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weren't Blair and Halash discussing the proposed change to the doober system to only be visible to members of the group instead of being visible to the whole world, including trolls from your own faction? 

Nice job on the man-made boar trap, btw ?

Edited by Lightsig
Spacing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lightsig said:

Weren't Blair and Halash discussing the proposed change to the doober system to only be visible to members of the group instead of being visible to the whole world, including trolls from your own faction? 

Nice job on the man-made boar trap, btw ?

sounds like doobers will soon function like druid orbs from how i heard it - only visible and usuable for your group yea


caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pls dont do it this way :

If someone of your own faction steals your materials than make it public: if hes in a guild it would cause bad reputation for it , otherswise hes maybe getting problems to get in a guild -

Other solution: hire a friend on the other faction to destroy the rat!

Ps: i dont read the OP xD

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Tinnis said:

sounds like doobers will soon function like druid orbs from how i heard it - only visible and usuable for your group yea

That certainly addresses the faction ruleset, but it takes something away from the wild wild west feeling that many of us remember from PVP MMOs of the past.  WoW and similar ilk have sanitized conflict over resources, loot, etc by personalizing/instancing rewards - heck even mining nodes are often now instanced in some games. 

I suppose you can still kill the harvester for his doobers...


rSHxVEY.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, ren said:

That certainly addresses the faction ruleset, but it takes something away from the wild wild west feeling that many of us remember from PVP MMOs of the past.  WoW and similar ilk have sanitized conflict over resources, loot, etc by personalizing/instancing rewards - heck even mining nodes are often now instanced in some games. 

I suppose you can still kill the harvester for his doobers...

indeed. under the previous system you could physically stalk and watch someone to see if they were popping out high quality resources etc and stealth taking an enemy doobers without them realizing via assassin/duelist was pretty funny

aka a true 'thief' / 'pickpocket' gameplay style [not a 'mugging']

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...