Sign in to follow this  
caledon

Fractured - Open-world, no grind, action combat MMO

Will keep an eye on it but point and click movement is not my favorite for MMOs. Not sure how such things can be called "action combat." However, if they can get most of their concepts in-to a quality experience, might be a lot of fun.

@APE action combat is wasd + mouse.. if you take a look at battlerite you will see the same camera as Fractured

6 hours ago, Finland said:

@APE action combat is wasd + mouse.. if you take a look at battlerite you will see the same camera as Fractured

Unless the FAQ is wrong or WASD is optional, it states that movement is done by mouse. Either way, seems like a lot of good ideas and a more "RPG" like experience than some of these other top down survival insert bunch of tags to sound amazing games. Wish ACE had went with some of their ideas of keeping it relatively horizontal instead of the vertical power stacking model.

4. WHAT ARE THE CAMERA AND CONTROLS OF THE GAME?

Fractured employs a top-down camera attached to the player's character. The mouse is used for movement and to perform the most interactions, including the two main attacks you have chosen for your character. The keyboard is used for hotkeys and to cast additional abilities.

Edited by APE

Is the same as battlerite..if you want to see the camera of fractured try it! It s a F2P moba on Steam

Edited by Finland

2 hours ago, Finland said:

Is the same as battlerite..if you want to see the camera of fractured try it! It s a F2P moba on Steam

Battlerite - WASD movement

Fractured - Point/click to move movement

Both use similar "isometric" overhead cameras but controls are different.

Unless we are on different pages and you are commenting on something else...

I wonder how you came up with conclusion that Albion is moba based mmorpg. I feel like everyone calls everything MOBA based recently. If anything, Albion was heavily influenced by Ultima Online, as Ape already mentioned. I dare you to call UO MOBA based game. 

Fact that Albion is burning pile of garbage is whole different story tho. 

As for Fractured, thought for a second that I am looking at Path of Exile. Comparison aside, it's kind of hard to remain hyped, instead of being skeptic about every new mmo promising all these cool features. Would not mind to try something new, but if all these interesting aspects remain in "theorycrafting", leading to incredibly dull game (hello Albion), than no, thanks.

Edited by greeper

On 1/26/2018 at 11:55 PM, greeper said:

I wonder how you came up with conclusion that Albion is moba based mmorpg. I feel like everyone calls everything MOBA based recently. If anything, Albion was heavily influenced by Ultima Online, as Ape already mentioned. I dare you to call UO MOBA based game. 

Fact that Albion is burning pile of garbage is whole different story tho. 

As for Fractured, thought for a second that I am looking at Path of Exile. Comparison aside, it's kind of hard to remain hyped, instead of being skeptic about every new mmo promising all these cool features. Would not mind to try something new, but if all these interesting aspects remain in "theorycrafting", leading to incredibly dull game (hello Albion), than no, thanks.

Seems people cherry pick a few features or even one and make generalized comparisons about games. Some can't help trying to cram games into tiny boxes with labels.

Still see people trying to figure out what CF is. It's just a game or will be hopefully one day.

I don't get hyped about video games as my little gamer heart can't take being let down, but will definitely keep an eye on Fractured.