Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recall to fix stuck players

Bad thing:

It's already a heated discussion. Many, if not all players think 10 second cast time is way too short. If this feature is truly to help stuck players, why not increase it to 1 minute or even 2 minutes? Harvesters will be using Recall every time the 30 Minute CD is off to get away from PvP'ers. You will never kill a harvester that has surround sound again if you keep it with a 10s cast time.

Good thing:

I actually love the thought of the Recall even for not stuck players. Running all the way back to the Chaos beach head from Reaper's Ridge or somewhere else is a pain to swap vessels. By your talks about larger maps, it will be even worst. Recall will be a great tool to use OUT OF COMBAT.

Thoughts?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why Caravan when you can just Recall? I am worried about what this Recall function will remove from open world PvP.

Try running from black mire to balance BH..... As a /stuck this is a sorely needed feature... as a means of transportation something needs to be done.... maybe not now, but later i would think that

Should have just added a /suicide IMO.

4 minutes ago, Unfolded said:

I actually love the thought of the Recall even for not stuck players. Running all the way back to the Chaos beach head from Reaper's Ridge or somewhere else is a pain to swap vessels. By your talks about larger maps, it will be even worst. Recall will be a great tool to use OUT OF COMBAT.

Try running from black mire to balance BH.....

As a /stuck this is a sorely needed feature... as a means of transportation something needs to be done.... maybe not now, but later i would think that this item can not be used if you have any items inside your inventory.. or... if the cast goes off you drop all your inventory on the ground when you leave.  This should NOT be used as a means to transport mats to safety.

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

What a custard joke, 10s recall....????!!!?!?

Please tell me this was a typo and its supposed to be 100s. Everything else in your math is off by a decimal place, please say this is too... 

I agree that the 10 second recall is way too easy to abuse for harvesters.

I like the idea for same reasons as those who posted above, but the cast time needs to be way longer, have a sound effect, and easily interruptible.

In Darkfall recall took about 60 seconds, was interrupted if you took any sort of damage or moved, made a very loud noise, and also surrounded you in a blue graphic that made it difficult to hide. 

I suggest you consider something along these lines for Crowfall Recall. 

Video Example (starts around 5:54)

12 minutes ago, Jah said:

Why Caravan when you can just Recall?

I am worried about what this Recall function will remove from open world PvP.

I think that once pack animals are in game the large PoI resources will not fit in a player inventory period. Until then you're right it will make it a lot easier to get these materials back to base. 

Edited by blazzen
video

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

1 minute ago, blazzen said:

I think that once pack animals are in game the large PoI resources will not fit in a player inventory period. Until then you're right it will make it a lot easier to get these materials back to base. 

That is something, but those POI resources aren't very exciting. I want to raid caravans that are carrying purple and orange resources.

IhhQKY6.gif

"Raw" materials should all drop.

Have some crafted arrows, or tools, or anything not base material, you can keep those because they had to be made at a station anyway. 

Anything that comes raw from the world, drops.  Build that filter and it could be applied to all sorts of things.  For example a campaign setting option for dropping mats when your corpse was recalled as well.

That I think would be the best way to deal with it. 

16 minutes ago, Destrin said:

i would think that this item can not be used if you have any items inside your inventory.. or... if the cast goes off you drop all your inventory on the ground when you leave.  This should NOT be used as a means to transport mats to safety.

I think this is a step in the right direction. Makes you drop your inventory when you recall. That would prevent harvesters from abusing the system. IMO, I think you either have to do something like this, or make it really loud with a large graphic and take 2-3 minutes to cast.

A recall function? I wonder how you guys arrived at the decision that the game needed this. IMO this shouldnt be present in the live game so i wonder why waste time implementing this now.

The game is supposedly in its final stage (we launch this year right?) so i think we should be removing all our stopgaps mechanics and not introducing new ones.

Edited by BarriaKarl
5 minutes ago, Jah said:

That is something, but those POI resources aren't very exciting. I want to raid caravans that are carrying purple and orange resources.

I still maintain hope that those POI materials will have the option to be broken down into resources for armor/gear at some point in the future. Otherwise you're right, it's not very exciting, nor will PoI's be fought over once cities are established and those materials are no longer needed. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Website

An unstuck should just get you unstuck.   A recall defeats the purpose of having a large map, mounts, caravans, legs and makes no at a 10 sec timer.  Logging at 20 sec (you can do in stealth/camp) is already a valid tactic but then you don't get a free ride home with your haul either.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

7 minutes ago, armegeddon said:

Sorry if I missed something, but....Why not just make it a 10 meter translocate? Problem solved.

Edit: If it is in fact designed to alleviate the problem of "stuck" players.

What if that ten meters also sticks you? Now you're well and truly screwed.

I did like the /suicide suggestion though.

1 minute ago, KrakkenSmacken said:

What if that ten meters also sticks you? Now you're well and truly screwed.

I did like the /suicide suggestion though.

Can't say for sure to be honest, but the only times I've been stuck was in a structure (incomplete model) and a spawn node I was unfortunate enough to be standing in when it "spawned". A 10 meter trans would have solved both of those. But I get what you are saying. 

I like the suicide option, .. as long as your unequipped inventory drops. 

I’d be happy/willing to see a 60 second cast time and lock the ability for X hours.  This would fail if you move or take damage/interaction of any sort.  Once you cast it, you can’t cast it again for 4 hours or something reasonable to make it where you can’t use it as a transport method.  

For somebody truly stuck, I think it answers the bill...

Yea, really opposed to this kind of a feature. Being able to recall defeats purpose of transportation necessities. Travel times was always advertised as meaningful and purposeful as a way of measuring risk versus rewards in the open world. Do you risk going to the middle of the map, far away from your base, for better rewards (and also a higher chance of being murdered)?. Being able to recall prevents a ton of counter-play options.

A /stuck command makes more sense to solve the issue of players being physically blocked in, this seems overkill to solve that problem.

Being able to provide cover for one team member to escape with all of our hard gathered work is totally viable with this change. I think some clarity on the subject is necessary to make sure the player-base is understanding this new "feature" and if it is planned to exist post-soft-launch.

17 minutes ago, Scree said:

I think some clarity on the subject is necessary to make sure the player-base is understanding this new "feature" and if it is planned to exist post-soft-launch.

After watching the stream clip tinnis provided in another thread about moon gates and zones i think this feature came to be together with the portals tech. A recall is basically teleporting to the temple.

"Since we are already making this why not use it somewhere else?"

There is no way this was introduced to work as a /stuck command.