• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

Moon gates to travel between continent (40x40) maps

1 hour ago, Tinnis said:

mock example vs size of tyranny/hunger dome

dWdi3zc.png

I don't think moon gates are meant to connect zones, only provide a way to travel between continents without ships. Parcels and lands forms will stitch together seamlessly between 40x40 zones to create continents. 

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

4 minutes ago, soulein said:

I don't think moon gates are meant to connect zones, only provide a way to travel between continents without ships. Parcels and lands forms will stitch together seamlessly between 40x40 zones to create continents. 

well, it would be nice if we got some more clarity on it and curious on the tech side about that etc

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

5 minutes ago, soulein said:

This is what i thought to... But listening to the clip on the OP it sounds like that may be done away with.... they didn't really talk about it too much and they didn't really answer any follow up questions... so.. I would hope that it is a combination of the two..

One thing that moongates will add is choke points where all goods and armies must flow through.  Hold these down, and prevent the baddies from expanding or getting the good stuff on the other side.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

so @soulein/ @Destrinpicture something more like this?

LowiMNL.png

Closer @Tinnis. Assume no island extends into another "continent" brick. The islands are also floating. Also the moongates destination point has multiple outcomes so there isn't 1 chokepoint.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

2 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Closer @Tinnis. Assume no island extends into another "continent" brick. The islands are also floating. Also the moongates destination point has multiple outcomes so there isn't 1 chokepoint.

cool, would be interesting to get a full update on worlds etc. will moving between zones be seamless or require a loading screen?

seamless vs loading still remains the key question tho :) [for both movement from zone to zones and moon gate travel]

or if any movement zone to zone that does not use a moon gate

Edited by Tinnis

7 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

This seems pretty much exactly how Shadowbane's continents and runegates worked. Would that be accurate?

yeah would seem to make sense...in the 'go with what you know...' world view.

The rg system in sb worked well...providing some strategic value and making long distance travel less tedious...while still not making it 'easy' or instant.

8 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

@thomasblairwould moon gates be native to a map, faction controllable and/or require hippo resources to be repaired at start of world etc?

I wonder if moon gates will be "safe zones" as well.

8 minutes ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

sounds like it, aside from actually being able to swim/fly across the ocean

Sadly swimming won't come in until after post launch and they do a "sea expansion".  Which I am definitely hopeful for!

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

1 minute ago, Finland said:

if a continent map is 40x40 cells (26.21 km2 ) they could make one or two big islands for each continent map and use moon gate to communicate between Islands

Doubtful,  since we don't have ships and there won't be an  swimming mechanic (initially) it would be a waste of space/area to have multiple islands on a single continent.  

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall