Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

Moon gates to travel between continent (40x40) maps

21 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Assume no island extends into another "continent" brick...Also the moongates destination point has multiple outcomes so there isn't 1 chokepoint.

wasn't my first map more like that than the second then? [land wise]

so more this?

3mpLb4F.png

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

23 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Closer @Tinnis. Assume no island extends into another "continent" brick. The islands are also floating. Also the moongates destination point has multiple outcomes so there isn't 1 chokepoint.

Wouldnt the multiple destinations make holding control of one gate kinda pointless? It is a good way to avoid people literally controlling who can acess which continent but i think creating more gate pairs would be a better solution.

That way people have the option of taking the longer route to a place instead of just using any other gate to get there quick.

17 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

so more this?

3mpLb4F.png

If multiple destination means this and not any other gate 'cuz magic i dont have a problem.

Edited by BarriaKarl

9 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

so more this?

3mpLb4F.png

Nice map Tinnis!  I would prefer to see less blue space since it would be wasted area for nothing but map aesthetics but it's definitely showing how "vast" a Campaign World could be.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

8 minutes ago, soulein said:

@thomasblair

Would a "continent brick" be a collection of 40x40 zones or the 40x40 zones themselves?

The zones themselves, which are pretty massive. I think the earlier assessment of Tyranny being less than a 1/3 of a continent is pretty close. How many continents does a "campaign world" need to feel spacious such that multiple teams can spread out? We are still debating, but will try and keep dialing up more and more space used in the future as the tech comes online.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

4 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

The zones themselves, which are pretty massive. I think the earlier assessment of Tyranny being less than a 1/3 of a continent is pretty close. How many continents does a "campaign world" need to feel spacious such that multiple teams can spread out? We are still debating, but will try and keep dialing up more and more space used in the future as the tech comes online.

Cool, sounds good. I always thought Tyranny was fairly small and was personally hoping for continents which were much larger. Here's hoping you can scale up the world size. Also, what's this about floating?

Edited by soulein

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Hum...i hope there will be no loading screen because i've got bad experience with travel/screens in PvP games. Look at EQ2 PvP server for example : people used the portal to go back and forth the zone until the ones chasing them was out of sync.

WnxjrJ9.gif

Thelanas Kar'Pal Membre fondateur de l'alliance Naerth en 2001 - Ex Shadowbane European Advisor Damnation/Carnage/Vindication/Corruption http://www.twitch.tv/gorwald/profile

how long until we see a single 40x40 map in action [let alone connecting]?

how will the world map interact with multiple zones etc i assume we can't also physicall see from one zone to another if starting off the edge etc either

Edited by Tinnis

@DustFinger No bro. Continents will be linked by moon gates but remember that CF is a pvp game so ppl will just camper the moon spots to gank ppl. This will kill the game like happend for other games. An open big world with multy connected regions (without a loading screen) is the best choice. 

The target location/destinations are not fixed.  Each gate has multiple possible destinations, and in addition, you arrive at a randomized location in the target cell.  And before you ask, no, you won't be able to jump inside a castle or stronghold.  Those won't be valid locations.

Todd

J Todd Coleman

ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

[Rules of Conduct]

2 minutes ago, jtoddcoleman said:

The target location/destinations are not fixed.  Each gate has multiple possible destinations, and in addition, you arrive at a randomized location in the target cell.  And before you ask, no, you won't be able to jump inside a castle or stronghold.  Those won't be valid locations.

Todd

Does this mean if a party/guild enters into a moongate/portal at the same time there is a high chance they will all be separated with various destinations in the continent?  If so that would be amazing and a good step for the cat and mouse "mini-game".

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

3 hours ago, DravoiX said:

nobody could merge all eks together ...
also it will helps the performance on your pc alot

Agree!  I’ve played mega servers... and lag-dar is real.   It’s cool to be all in one zone but when you only render on proximity and you approach the Zerg and it all tries to load at once..... poor gpu gonna melt.  In 2018 I would however expect that zoning or transition to be near seamless... and not minute(s) if having to load a lot of data. 

will we ever see moongate like entities to make EK to EK more immersive?

the current lobby presenation is .......eh

could be far more visually appealing design wise, rather than feelling like browsing TF2 lobby servers :P [with about as immersive names!]

e.g. going back to more of the look for the 'worlds' and universe art presentation etc

eternal-kingdoms.jpg

6 minutes ago, Weebles said:

Does this mean if a party/guild enters into a moongate/portal at the same time there is a high chance they will all be separated with various destinations in the continent?  If so that would be amazing and a good step for the cat and mouse "mini-game".

I really, really hope it doesn't separate groups/raids if they want to port over... this would be bad and a giant pain in the ass for moving an army and resources.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel