Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Stumpstuff

January 26, 2018 5.4.2 Snap test Feedback and Bug Reports

repeating stuns is of little value, after 3 they will be immune and each one will last a shorter amount of time e.g. 2-3 seconds down to 1 second. druid's are all single target and on large cooldowns [30 and 45s] and are of little value compared to knocking someone down [shares same dr/immune]

shroud of darkness base cd and proc caps [you will get like 2 per shroud cast] have already neutered that power. scim passive open to all and on a 30 s cd.

and the scim call storm power is the only usuable power in the kit, and is a generally weak single target stun/dot [compare to confessor hellfire blast and firewall instead etc]

p.s. re: LMB i noticed awhile ago on 5.3 that the ranger's third LMB melee combo no longer triggers either

p.s. when i tested cleric divine order on 5.3 i noticed i did not gain any attack power - anyone tested that on 5.4?

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

2 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

How short the timer is before the stuns from druids can be applied/respolied - they are chain stunning people.  

Its a -no skill- involved stun, click and forget skill, so it shouldnt be available so frequently.

Scarecrow - Take 1 damage - return a Severe Bleed?!?  It is far too crippeling.

- Scimitar druids - Rangers and ranged combat.   Far far far too much time is spend LMB.  

- Relook at melee mobility vs amount of CC skills with the change to RMB and roots melee have it extremely easy staying near their ranged counterparts now.  Especially Champions and Knights fall under this catagory as their abilities are tuned under the system of 10 sec per rmb pip regen.

1. Shroud is fine, long CD skill that has potential to totally destroy CC diminishing returns for your group. Maybe it's boring since it's fire and forget, I agree but it's kinda w/e to me. I almost always use it for the nado anyways for that reason. 

2. I'm just not a fan in general of these hard counter discs. But that being said...if there is a problem with severe bleed on that reflect, then there is a problem with severe bleed on first shot of sharpshooter too. And I'd imagine, or at least hope, in group fights someone is running DoT cleanses. There are so many other sources of severe bleeding in this game...I don't think this is rly that big of a deal. If anything the straight up dmg reflect is the biggest issue imo.

3. Can't agree more. LMB classes (myrm, ranger, scimi) are all super boring. Need some balance changes or mechanic changes for sure. 

4. There is such an overabundance of CC, I think ranged will still be able to get away fine it will just be harder. Just pay attention to baiting retaliates and saving your mobility for when they don't have retaliate. Will have to see how it plays out but it's definitely too early to tell right now imo

I've been trying to test Protective Thorns, but no matter what I do, I don't see any different in my mitigation numbers. I've tried it on several classes, including Knight, Assassin and Druid.

The Prickly Thorns discipline shows a thorns bonus of 10. The Thornshield discipline gives me the Thornshield ability, but I have no idea what it's actually doing since I haven't tested with someone hitting me. Explosive Thorns may or may not work, I don't know.

The tooltip for Protective Thorns is confusing. It says:

Fortify your Armor Class increasing it by three times your Thorns plus Bonus Thorns for 20 seconds whenever you activate Thorns.

There is no Thorns stat listed in the details page. There is only Thorns Bonus Damage. Does using Thornshield qualify as activate Thorns? Does Barkskin? I thought the Druid had some other ability that actually said it added thorns, but I don't see it.

How is this all supposed to work? 

35 minutes ago, Arkade said:

I've been trying to test Protective Thorns, but no matter what I do, I don't see any different in my mitigation numbers. I've tried it on several classes, including Knight, Assassin and Druid.

The Prickly Thorns discipline shows a thorns bonus of 10. The Thornshield discipline gives me the Thornshield ability, but I have no idea what it's actually doing since I haven't tested with someone hitting me. Explosive Thorns may or may not work, I don't know.

Fortify your Armor Class increasing it by three times your Thorns plus Bonus Thorns for 20 seconds whenever you activate Thorns.

There is no Thorns stat listed in the details page. There is only Thorns Bonus Damage. Does using Thornshield qualify as activate Thorns? Does Barkskin? I thought the Druid had some other ability that actually said it added thorns, but I don't see it.

Barkskin and Thornshield both activate the Thorns buff which causes enemies striking you to take damage for every instance they hit you.
Base Thorns damage is 10 per strike, with Prickly Skin you get an extra 10 damage per strike for a Total of 20.
IMO these are extremely weak disciplines, without enough merit to use even 1, let alone all 3.

Armor Class really should get a further look at, or explanation. From what I can tell Armor class is still not doing anything.
If Armor Class affects damage taken why not have it directly affect Personal Damage modifier as that is the true stat for that?

ScornofLife2.jpg

55 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Protective thorns is not working currently. 

Protective thorns wording isn't too hard of you take it piecemeal. Say I have a base thorns stat of like 15 but no bonus thorns (from the passive or training or something), then that means my AC will increase by 45. If I have the same base thorns but bonus of 10, then my AC will be 45+10 or 55. That said idk what the exact mitigation numbers as a result of that.

Prickly thorns just increases the damage enemies take each hit by 10. I.e it makes the ticks go from 10 to 20.

Thornshield counts as thorns as does druid barrier iirc

5 hours ago, Gorwald said:

Same with ranger, i think it's a "Dummies" bug, with ranger and knife grinder with the passive bleed on last attack it doesn't even proc.

For me, on the fessor, it didn't matter if i was on the dummy platform,  on the ground, aiming at rocks or boars... it just kept happening (my LMB combo had a hard time completing) ... Check out the Male Nethari video i did... it's like 8 minutes of me running around trying to find a pattern to it.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

17 minutes ago, Jjohnsin said:

Protective thorns is not working currently. 

Protective thorns wording isn't too hard of you take it piecemeal. Say I have a base thorns stat of like 15 but no bonus thorns (from the passive or training or something), then that means my AC will increase by 45. If I have the same base thorns but bonus of 10, then my AC will be 45+10 or 55. That said idk what the exact mitigation numbers as a result of that.

Prickly thorns just increases the damage enemies take each hit by 10. I.e it makes the ticks go from 10 to 20.

Thornshield counts as thorns as does druid barrier iirc

Well, yeah, I get the math if all the numbers are known, but nowhere does it say what Thorns damage is. 

It is my understanding that Armor Class was renamed to Armor Bonus. We have skills that give 1% Armor Bonus, which I believe means we get 1% mitigation to all damage types (except Holy and Bleed). So if I have 10 in Thorns and 10 in Bonus thorns, am I increasing my Armor Bonus by 40%? That seems unlikely.

If the mitigation is significant, I would use Thornshield and Protective Thorns and not care that the damage is insignificant.

25 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Well, yeah, I get the math if all the numbers are known, but nowhere does it say what Thorns damage is. 

It is my understanding that Armor Class was renamed to Armor Bonus. We have skills that give 1% Armor Bonus, which I believe means we get 1% mitigation to all damage types (except Holy and Bleed). So if I have 10 in Thorns and 10 in Bonus thorns, am I increasing my Armor Bonus by 40%? That seems unlikely.

If the mitigation is significant, I would use Thornshield and Protective Thorns and not care that the damage is insignificant.

I suspect they may add thorns bonus to gear in the future, which might make it worth it. Right now, it's definitely not. 

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Skill training is a mess. It works fairly well if I'm not logged in, but if I'm logged in when a skill completes a pip, all sorts of weird things are likely to happen. 

I'm training a skill in Race Basics and the counter went down to zero. It says there are 4+ days to the next point, but there are only 2+ days to completion. However, it doesn't show the point as begin complete. If I restart the training on it, it will start counting down from about 19 seconds, complete that, and then tell me the next point will take 4+ days and the point will still not be completed. I tried logging out to the lobby and that didn't help. I completely closed the game and after going back in, I had to apply about 20 seconds of my time bank to complete the point. Then I was able to start training the next point. 

There are even bigger issues though. When I'm logged in and actually in the game, the timers seem to count down correctly for the most part. However, if I alt-tab to something else, the timers do not count down correctly. I made a video to show it:

As you can see in the video, my PC clock went from 12:33 to 12:36, yet none of the skills went down more than about a minute. Some only went down about a dozen seconds.

There's no scroll bar for the settings menu, again not everyone uses a standard mouse.

Angel of Death from Banshee is worthless it says increase damage 30% on targets less than 30%, but.. the cap for low health damage is 20%. 

Sacrifice system:

Seems pretty solid, I like that I will be able to use this to get rid of things I either no longer want or cannot use.  

Crafting:

I like the idea of the crafting, stations, however, with the aetheric dust looking like it is only coming from trees at this point. and very little of it at that, a stack of 100 is a little hard to do.  After 3 hours of play, I have only accumulated 30.

Stealth tray:

Seems to work fine, for the most part, one issue that I am seeing is when I use Q to put myself back in stealth the hogs are still able to see me.  

Two major things that I've found:

1. Possible issue with Druid and the lower retaliate rates. You get a 25% hp heal every 3 seconds if you get constantly stunned. You can potentially get to full hp from 1% in 12-13 seconds.

2. Minotaur frontal stun is working against everything BUT assassin stun. This assassin doesn't have the ability that everything hits from the back... so I should have been able to not get stunned. Video below

Did you guys kill the scimitar recipes? Not under BS?

Or just hidden behind a ton of training? See video showing no recipe and how trained i am(5 pip in advanced weapon recipes).

I am guessing its somewhere I just can't find it with the training I have.

Edited by Ussiah

45 minutes ago, Delorin said:

Sacrifice system:

Seems pretty solid, I like that I will be able to use this to get rid of things I either no longer want or cannot use.  

Crafting:

I like the idea of the crafting, stations, however, with the aetheric dust looking like it is only coming from trees at this point. and very little of it at that, a stack of 100 is a little hard to do.  After 3 hours of play, I have only accumulated 30.

Stealth tray:

Seems to work fine, for the most part, one issue that I am seeing is when I use Q to put myself back in stealth the hogs are still able to see me.  

You get dust from everything. I just harvested 5 slag nodes and got a total of 6 dust.

You can increase the amount of dust you get through skill training, group leader buffs, disciplines, gear and by using better runetools.

Sound effects really need tuned down as well. Druid dissipate should really go back to what it was, sounds like a laser

Edited by yianni

@Unfolded I believe the Assassin ability Cheap Shot ignores Resolve which may include the Frontal Stun Racial Immunity from Minotaur Discipline.   I believe the Racial uses the Resolve check box when triggered.  OH... that was a Kidney Shot.... hmmm yeah wonder if it is making a side check and not a frontal check.!

Edited by Mystwraith

3 hours ago, Unfolded said:

1. Possible issue with Druid and the lower retaliate rates. You get a 25% hp heal every 3 seconds if you get constantly stunned. You can potentially get to full hp from 1% in 12-13 seconds.

the new retaliate is primarily gated by a 75 stamina cost (out of 100) - with the 3 second 'cd' thrown on top. (knight excluded for obvious issues)

in combat this will take a fairly slow time to regen said stamina (not timed it yet)

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png