Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New & craving more info

Hi everyone,

I'm following Crowfall since a long time now and I really want to buy it, but its still to hard for me to decide since I cant seem to find all the informations I need. Maybe someone can and will help me here so Im gonna ask straight away:

As far as I noticed the former packs for buildings, land parcels, differend pledge bundles and all are gone and replaced by the three Bronze/Silver/Gold game editions ranging from 50-200€. Is there a more specific info about what is in these packets and what what is exactly? For example the silver pack mentions 1.000 crowns but the gold one doesnt. Does it contain none or "everything from lower packets including ..." or even more? And is there any information on what a crown is worth for in game stuff? Sadly I'm not wealthy enough to be one of the kickstarter backer with multiple thousands of goodys and am limited to about 200-300€ every once in a while so I need to know how much of my housing needs can be reasonably satisfied with which amount.
The different packs offer different joining points for Beta 3, Beta 1 or Alpha 2. At which point is crowfall right now and are there any estemations about when the next event will be to participate in?
I highly prefer monthly subscription then any other payment method so I am definitly focused into the VIP status. Are there any more specific information about that or is the only difference beeing able to automaticly train three skills at once instead of one manually (last, quite old information I had).
Even though I never seem to manage to do it, I am still trying to push a few friends on joining Crowfall together with me. Some of them cant speak english and basically none of them will probably be interested in getting invested into any game more then casually. Is it reasonable possible to run around in small groups of 3-4 players or are you basically left behind when not part of a bigger group/guild of dozens/hundrets of players?
5. (edited in)
Totally forgot:
I noticed in another forum post a link to trusted seller for former pledge packets. I dont know what basically anything is thats in one of these, but I can see that, for example, the 200€ version of the former pack doesnt include a manor as the current gold pack does, even though I somewhere picked up on the thought that former packs should be far more valuable then new ones with the same costs. Did I hook up on the wrong part of it or are the new ones just smaller and more focused into other paths?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my arguably bad english. 

Best regards

Edited by ShuyinVardiz

Welcome ShuyinVardiz, 

1 & 5  You can still purchase some of the older packages through the Crowfall trusted traders programs. You will have to look at a detailed drill down to get an idea of what exactly is included. Unfortunately some of the items in those packs are still a work in progress and we do not know exactly how they will fit into the game long term. Crowns are Crowfalls currency to allow for micro transactions. You can find more information here https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/founders-update-more-on-crowns-and-guilds/. Eternal Kingdom is where the land parcels, castles, and cottages will come into play. Be sure to read the articles the dev's have written they give you a good understanding of the game mechanics and how those packages will fit into the game. This should give you a good start https://crowfall.com/en/how-to-play/ I would also check out the Crowfall Youtube channel as well as other community members that have added a lot of great video content.

2. Now is a great time as all beta groups should have access to the LIVE server that is currently open and allowing players to start exploring the world of Crowfall. Update 5.4 should be arriving on LIVE here pretty soon and is a huge update and great step forward. The devs are making really good strides at getting the game closer to a polished state. Not sure on the end date but the LIVE server generally remains open most of the time.

3. VIP is pretty much what you would expect and provides some additional benefits in terms of skill training. You can get more detail on how this works here: https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/ace-qa-for-september-live-skill-trees-and-vips/.

4. Small group play will definitely have a place in Crowfall and I expect this will be a lot of what I spend my time doing. I generally find this game play the most interesting personally and tend to avoid large group battles. The map will have multiple contention points where factions are fighting over resources. Strategy will play a huge part in how successful your group is.  The biggest problem you may run into is if they play casually you may be limited in the amount of gear and crafting you and your team will have access to.

Hope this helps! 

Hi ZeFx,

thanks for the answer!
I understand how your personal and guild space work and that none of it affect the current running campaign, so the very very basics of what Crowfall is are there. :D

But I am really insecure to get any package because the second I own one I am tied to it, but maybe the buildings are guild structures and useless in my personal instance since I am sure a big guild with one of the more exotic structures wouldnt give a **** about me contributing another small, medium or even large castle or fort or whatever since they have a royal kindom-kit for hundrets of players. So I am focused for personal structures and would "buy me in" to a guild that'd suits me as mathimaticly the large royal castle with the huge cliffs surrounding it in the old pack which went up to plenty thousand $ to buy technically reduces its cost to 20-50$ per member which I can accept.

Thats a really nice info to have, thanks about that.
Okay thats fitting me, just wasnt sure if it might contain something like "get free 50 crowns a day while VIP" or similar. Thanks!
Thats what I hoped for - and luckily no problem for me since I usually invest more time into games then my friends in order not to be left out / behind.

But still I dont know which pack is best for me and dont want to regret the one I bought afterwards. The Sapphire/Amber Pledge from the trusted traders basically sounds the best from what I could ultimately afford, but it offers the cottage for my personal kingdom and more for the guild (or do they work for my personal one too?) which probably none will need. And the cathedral is awesome, but it wont work as the "main" building like the manor or am I wrong?
The current 200€ pack would contain a Manor, but barely nothing besides it while the former packs also contain VIP months for years and much more - even though that "more" is partially guild stuff with barely any use if not founding one yourself. Too much choises, too few finances! xD

From what we know there wont really be "guild stuff" like you talk about, guilds will likely have to use the EK of one of their members to build a guild area in, a manor is just a large house, where a fort and castle would be well a fort or castle, and would include walls and towers etc you can place however you want, so much more valuable than any house likely.

Also while the stuff you get from packages or buy from the store can ONLY be used in E's not in the CW's themselves, but you can craft those things as well ingame, so you can with enough time and resources eventually have a full max sized EK without spending more than the base cost to get the game. So definitely if you feel you ca afford an older pack from a trusted trader you will get MUCH MUCH MUCH more value per $ than the current store pre-order packs (each new year they replaced the bundles with less valuable per $ packs, so the older the pack the more value you get per $).

On ‎29‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 8:18 AM, ShuyinVardiz said:

I cant seem to find all the informations I need. 

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Some question have not been answered yet, so i'll give it a try.

Is there a more specific info about what is in these packets and what what is exactly? [...] Does it contain none or "everything from lower packets including ..." or even more?

The bundles include exactely what they say they do. Not more, not less.
The content of the retired bundles can be checked in this reward comparison. The content of the current packages is listed in their description. Unfortunately the items are not explained there. So here are some infos.
  • These are the available houses in Crowfall - depending on size they provide place for one up to multiple (we guess 4-5) crafting stations and thralls.
  • This is a hamlet parcel - providing space for a tiny village and a few shops to support about 5 players. This is how it looks ingame.
  • The mounts are figurines you can use to summon it. When the figurine is used up, you'll be able to copy their exlusive skin onto other mounts.
  • comparison

And is there any information on what a crown is worth for in game stuff?

1.000 crowns shop currency equal a value of $10. For comparison, the smallest mounts cost $10, VIP ticket $15, Cottage $65, Hamlet parcel $75. Here are the Initial informations about crowns.

The different packs offer different joining points for Beta 3, Beta 1 or Alpha 2. At which point is crowfall right now and are there any estemations about when the next event will be to participate in?
I have to specify the already given answer a bit.
  • The current development stage is Pre-Alpha 5.4. Which is not the same as the test access level.
  • Lowest access level to access the LIVE servers is Beta 3 (Beta 4+ don't have access).
  • The LIVE server is permanently online, so there are no scheduled events, you can test this build whenever you wat to.
  • The access to the TEST servers, where new builds are first tested, get's re-rolled from time to time (pre-alpha 1 first, then 2, then alpha 1 ...).

I highly prefer monthly subscription then any other payment method so I am definitly focused into the VIP status. Are there any more specific information about that [...]

Just to avoid misunderstandings. Crowfall is a buy-to-play game, not a subscription based game. Pay once, play until it shuts down. VIP is optional and will provide only convinience benefits. What VIP will finally include has not been ruled out yet, except of the skill training benefits (2 skill slots per major category instead of 1 and 30 days time bank instead of 24 hours). As far as we know there is more to be added.

[...]a few friends [...]  none of them [...] more then casually. Is it reasonable possible to run around in small groups of 3-4 players or are you basically left behind when not part of a bigger group/guild of dozens/hundrets of players?

First, Crowfall will offer a fealty tree and a sub-guild system. It should be no big deal to join a bigger guild as a sub-guild (or sub-sub-guild), so even when your friends are not there, you could play with the superior guild. At least some campaigns will offer a similar function. And then there are the Dreg campaigns (everyone against everyone), where everything is about small teams.

Second: If you want to get your friends into the game, now is indeed the perfect time.

• The reserve-a-guild-name bundle has currently a 50% discount and is available for $40 only.
  • It also includes a company garrison, a military building, larger than a fort lodge.
  • If you friends register and account now, they will get a free beta access (i think it's currently beta-9). This opportunity will end somewhen in the near future.
  • If your registered friends join your guild, they will get a 10% discount for their first purchase. So they can buy the game for $45 instead of $50.
  • Your guild will get 1.000 crowns (worth $10) for each member that is a backer, once development stage reaches beta.
  • More infos in the crowns link above.
  • Just saying. ;)
  •  
[..] the former pack doesnt include a manor as the current gold pack does, even though I somewhere picked up on the thought that former packs should be far more valuable then new ones with the same costs.

Forget about trying to compare older packages with the new ones. The former packs were backer packs. The new packs are pre-sale packs. Main difference is that the pre-sale packs more or less equal the shop prices of their content, minus a small discount, while the backer packages were originally meant to have about up to 4 times the value. And only the vry early packages included what lower packages contained. The old backer packages were necessary to back the development of the game. This is done now, there is enough money now to get the game done. From now on we are pre-ordering, not backing ... for a small discount.
Only current exception is the Adventurer Starter Pack, which has a value of nearly the double of it's price ($375).

Some additional thoughts. 

Due to the content of the early packages and the redeem promotion, in my opinion the stronghold market is highly saturated. There are already much more strongholds out there than needed. And how many people they can support (and need to not feel abandoned) is strongly underestimated. And you can't do much with the land. What you really need is a house to place your working stations, thralls and chests. A big house like the manor should already be enough to support a small guild with about 5-10 people. With all the strongholds out there, the opportunity to participate in a big kingdom by becoming a Vassal and placing a house there is - in my opinion - much bigger than to find a kingdom that needs one more of those Nobles with another empty parcel in their realm. 

So for new players who probably will play together with a few friends, planning to invest about $200 in the game and want to participate in the kingdoms, my recommendation would be the Adventurer pack + the guild name reservation. This should currently be the best deal you can get for the money.
Edited by Kraahk

Thanks for all the answer again, really helping out.

So far I assume I'm gonna go for the Sapphire Pledge and add me a mansion seperately, or wait a little longer, taking a gamble on time and availability to reach for a bigger pack from a trusted trader in order to prevent most regrets from losing exclusive skins which may be awesome or worthless to me, to be determined when they are available.

Just another question regarding the kingdoms:
How exactly do the kingdoms work?
I know there is the campaign which cant be affected by any personal constructions and are basically lost when reaching their ending, while personal kingdoms are your own little playground to decorate, craft and enjoy. Is that accurate?
And are guild kingdoms different ones or does the guild leader basically "sacrifice" his personal kingdom to provide it as a home for the guild?
Can every building (like Forts, Castles, whatever...) be used in your personal kingdom instead or is it limited to guild use? Can it be moved from guild to personal and back or is it fixed where its used / placed at first? Am I correct assuming the buildings (except special basic houses like cottage and mason) are no buildings but rather kits containing the parts to build a kingdom of your own? How many parts are in there if its a kit or are they basically limitless unless you exploit them into hundreds or thousand of pieces? Or is the parcell itself limited to an amount of pieces placed on them? Can I decorate my houses (cottage for example) with furniture and books and whatever myself or are they fixed?
And from what I understood I need a fitting building to place crafting / construction benches and similar stuff, is that correct?

Guess I'm annoying somehow, but I've been waiting for years to get housing and Crowfall has really much of it.

Edited by ShuyinVardiz

while personal kingdoms are your own little playground to decorate, craft and enjoy. Is that accurate?
More or less. You can also turn pvp (and probably destruction) on or off. 

guild leader basically "sacrifice" his personal kingdom to provide it as a home for the guild?
The guild leader or someone else. Doesn't really matter who provides the EK, because everybody keeps ownership of the own EK stuff.

Can every building (like Forts, Castles, whatever...) be used in your personal kingdom instead or is it limited to guild use?
You can place as many and whatever parcels in a kingdom, until it is full (currently 20x20 cells). Different parcels provide have different maximums to place different building sizes (from a small wall part up to a huge palace). We don't know the final numbers yet.

Can it be moved from guild to personal and back or is it fixed where its used / placed at first?
They can be moved. EK assets also get automatically moved back to their owners, if the place where it is placed get's removed. Say you place a house on someone elses parcel. The owner removes the parcel. Your house automatically goes back to your spirit bank.

Am I correct assuming the buildings (except special basic houses like cottage and mason) are no buildings but rather kits containing the parts to build a kingdom of your own? How many parts are in there if its a kit or are they basically limitless unless you exploit them into hundreds or thousand of pieces?
Don't lets mix up terms. A building is something like a cottage or a wall. A stronghold bundle, like we were able to buy them in the past, contains a bundle of walls, a centerpiece building that can and probably will be modular, an accessory pack for decoration and parcel where it  all fits onto. This is for example the wall pack for the large keep. Keep_Large_Pack_All.jpg

Or is the parcell itself limited to an amount of pieces placed on them?
Right. See above.

Can I decorate my houses (cottage for example) with furniture and books and whatever myself or are they fixed?
They can be decorated.

And from what I understood I need a fitting building to place crafting / construction benches and similar stuff, is that correct?
Right. Like parcels provide a specific placement max for specific building sizes, houses provide a specific placement max for items. It'll probably take a while until we hear more about those max numbers.

You can find more informations in the EK FAQ and in my old parcel and/or the stronghold comparison. The details are partially outdated, but it shuld be still good enough to understand the basic ideas.

That stuff is...insultingly elaborate for private work, holy! Thanks for that, will take a while for me to work it out. Also have been looking for those pics, loved the province 2 area and if not too expensive will probably look to get my hands on one of these layouts sooner or later.

I'll take a bit time to work myself through this stuff, but gonna throw a few more questions tomorrow since the Dev video on youtube regarding skills and all didnt get to me entirely, but maybe I'll let that wait until I get a chance to test it myself ingame.

Thanks again for the detailed and huge support answering my questions and everything. I'll keep it in mind, throw me a note if I can repay you anytime!

On 29/1/2018 at 2:31 PM, Kraahk said:

And is there any information on what a crown is worth for in game stuff?

1.000 crowns shop currency equal a value of $10. For comparison, the smallest mounts cost 10, VIP ticket 15, Cottage 65, Hamlet parcel 75. Here are the Initial informations about crowns.

Might want to specify you are talking dollar/euro prices there. The way you formulated that makes it sound like a VIP ticket would cost 15 crowns, or 0.15$