Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
saroras

Boring Crafting

I dont understand, why nobody use the Everquest 2 Crafting System, it was so mutch fun. Just pushing one button and Prey to gods, is so boring and frustrating:( pls put some action into the crafting process and skip the RNG part. If YOU press the right keys intime, YOU get the good reward, if not its YOUR fault. For the best result of any iteem you need skill and the beste materials, so the Player decide what result he wants. With that system you feel like a real crafter, and not playing a lottery. I want to play a game and not just waiting for what the game is doing with my hard farmed materials. Thats the absolute wrong way and i cant see that any more.

27 minutes ago, saroras said:

I dont understand, why nobody use the Everquest 2 Crafting System, it was so mutch fun. Just pushing one button and Prey to gods, is so boring and frustrating:( pls put some action into the crafting process and skip the RNG part. If YOU press the right keys intime, YOU get the good reward, if not its YOUR fault. For the best result of any iteem you need skill and the beste materials, so the Player decide what result he wants. With that system you feel like a real crafter, and not playing a lottery. I want to play a game and not just waiting for what the game is doing with my hard farmed materials. Thats the absolute wrong way and i cant see that any more.

did you make basic or advanced recipies out of interest?

I did Basic crafting and it felt to boring to reach advanced recipies. I love this game but the crafting part, jesus pls give me some more action and control about what im doing. Only different grades of material are not enough for a good crafting System. I got bored from klicking, just waiting and getting a result that makes me leave the game.

25 minutes ago, saroras said:

I did Basic crafting and it felt to boring to reach advanced recipies. I love this game but the crafting part, jesus pls give me some more action and control about what im doing. Only different grades of material are not enough for a good crafting System. I got bored from klicking, just waiting and getting a result that makes me leave the game.

basic crafting lacks the "experimentation mechanics" as well as the stats of an item being determined by the type of resource you put in AND other elements like 'wildcard' and 'optional' component slots etc

e.g. see

The fact that crafting is inspired by Star Wars Galaxies, thrills me to no end. I still think that was the best of all crafting methods. However, Crowfall looks very likely to take the crown.

The combination system is pretty nice, the only thing i want, is a little mini game instead of that RNG elements. The creation process feels a little bit boring. On the other side, the choices you have for customizing, are amazing.

In the end its better than all other existing mmos

2 hours ago, saroras said:

The combination system is pretty nice, the only thing i want, is a little mini game instead of that RNG elements. The creation process feels a little bit boring. On the other side, the choices you have for customizing, are amazing.

In the end its better than all other existing mmos

crafting does feel very 'slow' and 'clunky' at the moment

the current interface/flow for crafting is not final. 

e.g.

tease of future layout

CF_CraftingTeaserDec2017.jpg

and we currently make everything "by hand" - in the future there will also be blueprints and factories as well for "factory mass production"

but probably no "mini game" :P

Edited by Tinnis

We lean more heavily on RPG progression for crafting than we do an action mechanic. IE you can elevate the chance of making better items via increasing specific crafting stats vs succeeding at a rhythm mini game. There is nothing wrong with either, we just had to pick a route and decided to be more RPGish.

I played the hell outta the EQ2 crafting at launch (In fact I used 3 accounts so I could cover the spread of all the professions) and thought it had fun moments. It basically emulated combat in real time. (Vanguard did something similar but was turn based crafting combat) Unfortunately the product of every combat was a templated item and if that item wasn't Pristine quality, then no one wanted it. In fact since you had to grind hundreds of items to level up the market was bloated, standard race to the bottom AH prices, etc. (Not that those problems are linked to the minigame)

Anyways, Crowfall items are non-templated, so the crafter decides what stats they want on an item from a variety of choices. The experimentation minigame allows you to skew those stats in a direction. Crafting stats gained via the RPG progression allow you have a better chance at succeeding those die rolls. There are different strategies as to what produces the best chance. Again we chose to go the RPG and extreme item customization routes.

Hopefully with the new UI's it will feel less clunky, and if you dive into the customization and math you will enjoy the results.