Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Anhrez

Skills and Bank wipe

If it were a democracy (and it isn't) I would vote against a full skill wipe for 5.4.

I think it is vitally important to test what a "fresh start" feels like, and we should probably do that multiple times at some point. I don't think we are at that point yet. There are still far too many un-implemented systems still to be developed in order to get a reasonable look at what the early game is going to look like.

Maybe 5.5 will have a bit more "stuff" included and a wipe will make sense. Maybe it wont make sense to have a full wipe until we throw off the title of "pre-alpha". Who knows? We'll see.

The reason we found is again legacy weapons...  overpowered because of adjustments to fundamental numbers on weapons.   This build it is bows because now arrow damage is additive to the bows damage so a newly crafted bow now has something like 42-56 dmg and advanced arrows are also 38-50 so the additive damage is about what the average bow dmg of 80-100 used to be.   The legacy bows with legacy arrows now hit for 150-225 dmg and are simply OP...   You just do not want to face a ranger with all of its mobility and equipped with a legacy bow and legacy quiver.   It is very unbalanced.  This alone is a reason to wipe for 5.4

Edited by Frykka

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

14 minutes ago, Frykka said:

The reason we found is again legacy weapons . . . . This alone is a reason to wipe for 5.4

Item wipe for 5.4 has already been confirmed. This thread seems more focused on debating whether we should have a Skill wipe at this time as well.

IhhQKY6.gif