Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bahamutkaiser

When Forces Collide (Collision And Obstruction)

Collision involvment  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like collision to be this comprehensive?

• Yes
    • No

I don't expect too much. Flying vs Flying combat is not something i'd expect them to implement just for the sake of the Fae. (Although how cool would it be if they did!)

I'd just like to be be able to jump over that tail as it swooshes for my feet to try and knock me down or be able to jump onto his wings and stab it's shoulder blade (weak point) while it struggles to shake me off. Somewhere along those lines would be reasonable imo.

I'd really rather there be a working aerial combat system, something where aerial units could contend with each other, with projectile fire, and ground melee units.

Having at least a second aerial archetype, and groups mixed of each contesting the sky as well as attempting to flank ground units in unique ways would add layers to the battle. Given the proper "gravity", aerial combat can be dangerous and intense. With faster gliding and more fluid combat, higher stakes with intense blows sending you hurdling into a fall and possible collision damage, aerial wrestling which draws 2 fighters into a fall and leaves one or both dashed into the ground, and covert attacks against undefended positions. 

IMG_5208.jpg?width=737&height=491

Collision as it pertains to flight is a very interesting subject, colliding with opponents and hitting the ground could produce unique results not seen on the ground. and high specialization means that flying units could have a very narrow set of advantages against ground and in large battles, but have a complex experience in the air vs other air units and projectile fire.

I'm really hoping they go all in on flight and other features like swimming, they don't even have to be significant parts of many archetypes gameplay, but having another layer of combat and another gameplay experience available with different archetypes multiplies the depth of the game.

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I decided to revisit some of my old topics, I don't see many people getting involved in some of the meatier combat functions, and while some of this may not be very reflective of ACEs progress, it's still what I wish they'd pursue given the intrigue their claims have risen...

a52d4a0d-044f-44ff-8a10-ccc31bfa2d87.jpg          Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Than if they're upset, they'll be a mile away, and barefoot :P

I would just like to point out that this topic has two and a half pages of amazing discussion, yet only one vote in the entire poll.  

That said, I would love to see a lot of the various warfare techniques such as phalanxes and shield walls becoming common practice in Crowfall, though I dunno how exactly people are going to be able to raise their shields above each others' heads.  I'm also curious as to what kind of impact support and mage classes with have on the battlefield.  I'm really excited to see some of the new battlefield tactics that come into play that weren't developed in history since such things don't exist in real life, as well as coming up with some myself.  

The poll doesn't have many votes because I just added it.

I realize some people don't feel like engaging a meaty topic, and most people who aren't interested would rather just say yay or nay.

So brand new poll, somewhat old topic.

Honestly, I'd rather support other people's discussion, but nobody engages the detailed subjects like this :(