Sign in to follow this  
Zolaz

What do you think the best Assassin build is?

Weapon: Master of Daggers

Major: Agent Provocateur + Black Mask

Minor: Careless Whisper + Demon's Pact + Shadow's Caress

I would change out Shadow's Caress for Uniform Leather if/when I get a set of non-basic crafted armor.

Half elf for me but without fae i think its too slow;  the movement speed while stealthed will be such a large quality of life.  I'd like to see what the elf can do too but its not done.  My reason for half elf over human and nelth is the base dex and ooc movement speed. 

So far, I am not too impressed with the Assassin.  I feel like other classes can do more damage easier and the juice isnt worth the squeeze for Stealth.

Yeah, I'm playing as a half-elf too, and it feels like I'm never going to be viable without a CC "helper" to slow people down. Caltrops helps, but it's too easy to "miss" or have the opponent use their CC break and then they can move out of the area before the snare is re-applied. I'm hoping Fae helps with their double-jump and glide racials.

With a pocket CC-er though: Stealth->Mark->Stun->Backstab(x3)->Kidney Punch->Backstab(x3), repeat. If the opponent stops running, I hit "Call Darkness" (from Black Mask) and just facespam backstab(x3)->Kidney Punch until they die.

26 minutes ago, Mystwraith said:

I believe the best build is my build... come fight me and I will gladly put it to the test!

What is your build?

12 hours ago, Zolaz said:

So far, I am not too impressed with the Assassin.  I feel like other classes can do more damage easier and the juice isnt worth the squeeze for Stealth.

That is the same feeling I had, I really like playing stealth classes but just did not feel the damage was there to justify it. Unfortunately the assassin has no gap closers on either bar. I have had a couple encounters and I have been able to kite assassins to death. I was running

Major: Agent & Knife Grinder

Weapons: Daggers

Minor: Careless Whispers, Found Resources, and Stealth Regen

Edited by ZeFx

I can not disclose that information at this present time @Zolaz

Let's just say, I am what they will be talking about later!

17 hours ago, Zolaz said:

What is your build?

its the  you run away and hide build once big bad champions come near 

So, from what I am seeing Assassin builds just arent comparing to the Ranger meta right now.  Anyone seeing something different than that?

Assassins and rangers fill different roles.  Ranger's job is to lay down CC and damage, and punish people for getting out of position.  Assassin's job is to harass and kill healers (or other soft targets) and to force people out of position. Assassin can double up on punishing people for getting out of position, but they are in fact less good at it than rangers in a larger group combat.  Also, assassins have the best disengage mechanics and are more likely to survive a disadvantageous contact than a ranger.

TL;DR:  4v4 I want an assassin, 8v8 I want a ranger instead.

Assassins are vital when u want to punish an opponent group for using their abilities.

A ranger can do a punish which you can E out of.  Where as the assassin can just chain till u have no E nor other defences.

Different roles.  ATM both strong.

5 hours ago, Soulreaver said:

Assassins are vital when u want to punish an opponent group for using their abilities.

A ranger can do a punish which you can E out of.  Where as the assassin can just chain till u have no E nor other defences.

Different roles.  ATM both strong.

What do you see Assassins doing that are punishing an opponent group for using their abilities?  Are you saying that Assassins have enough tackle to keep people from just running away from them?

In a grp scenario yes Assassins have the ability to give their team the capability to punish others so hard that they can’t get away....

Whatever you chose, match them up to make the most of your damage buffs.  Most Assassin training nodes buff Piercing, so daggers and rapiers rise to the top of the list.