Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building

filip99999

You bought a building deed and if you were either a guild leader or an inner council, you could drop a building. It typically didn't terraform the area around you, but as long as it wasn't in a leveling zone or on top of someone else's stuff, you could drop it. At least in one of the emu's you can, I don't think you can on live.

The main exception is planting a tree of life, where your city is. It would make the city grid flat around you for atypical size of a city grid. if the land was in the ocean, it would form land in that same size from the ocean to meet the height of the land where you planted. Most of your buildings were then able to be laid down on the flat space.

If you sieged a city, you wouldn't necessarily have the same luck. you could drop buildings around the town to be used in the siege (siege tent, bane circle, bulwarks) but usually not in the city grid itself until the bane went live (siege start).

Thanks. That is more or less what I've expected. Still, it would be fun to see a bunch of players making a pile or resources and hitting the ground around it with a hammer :)

Did it work well or were there problems?

One of the problems on the emu is hidden building size. Like say a building is supposed to be 2x2 when you place it. Well for some reason on one side or 2 sides, it ends up being 2x3 and while it doesn't appear to take up that amount of space, you can't put the buildings as tight together as you'd want to because of this. Not sure if this bug was on live (quit in '05 or '06).

The buildings also took 4hours or more to build unless they were siege related and it was about 15-30 minutes. Bulwarks were a huge problem as they took up a 1x1 area but of course you could walk onto/over portions of them as they took up more like 0.5/1 of space. With no object collision for characters but object collision for objects, you'd get stuck. Also bulwarks would cause some lag.

I'm sure more experienced city owners have more issues I never ran into. Like locked doors you are able to run through on magicbane or corner towers you can bug through.

The only way to build a city is a underwater IMO.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

One of the problems on the emu is hidden building size. Like say a building is supposed to be 2x2 when you place it. Well for some reason on one side or 2 sides, it ends up being 2x3 and while it doesn't appear to take up that amount of space, you can't put the buildings as tight together as you'd want to because of this. Not sure if this bug was on live (quit in '05 or '06).

The buildings also took 4hours or more to build unless they were siege related and it was about 15-30 minutes. Bulwarks were a huge problem as they took up a 1x1 area but of course you could walk onto/over portions of them as they took up more like 0.5/1 of space. With no object collision for characters but object collision for objects, you'd get stuck. Also bulwarks would cause some lag.

I'm sure more experienced city owners have more issues I never ran into. Like locked doors you are able to run through on magicbane or corner towers you can bug through.

The Emu's have way more problems than live did even going back to 2004 ie you didn't have the hidden size problem because you could eventually jigger it in even with it showing red on the placement map. Live's placement map gave more space to each building in experience than it actually took, the EMU's it's the opposite.

The funniest part is that most people couldn't figure out door placement to save their lives. When placing a building you could flip it around to get the door to face the direction you wanted (N,S,E and W). What most never figured out is that when you opened the deed the door defaulted North facing, so when they wanted a West facing door they would spin it 90 degrees clockwise and drop it, then start cussing because the door faced East. Seen people blow millions trying to place buildings properly and only got it the right way by chance.

The Emu's have way more problems than live did even going back to 2004 ie you didn't have the hidden size problem because you could eventually jigger it in even with it showing red on the placement map. Live's placement map gave more space to each building in experience than it actually took, the EMU's it's the opposite.

The funniest part is that most people couldn't figure out door placement to save their lives. When placing a building you could flip it around to get the door to face the direction you wanted (N,S,E and W). What most never figured out is that when you opened the deed the door defaulted North facing, so when they wanted a West facing door they would spin it 90 degrees clockwise and drop it, then start cussing because the door faced East. Seen people blow millions trying to place buildings properly and only got it the right way by chance.

don't forget how the asians always threw siege tents on the enemy stacks to get them stuck.

that was also lovely...

Sounds like good times ;)

or have a wall section backwards during a bane... ^_^

Know me and fear me. My embrace is for all and is patient but sure. The dead can always find you. My hand is everywhere - there is no door I cannot pass, nor guardian who can withstand me.

694a6f04-03a1-4af3-8e11-ddd1baa87348.jpg