Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tinnis

shields only act as stat sticks. how does the size type matter? secutor? status of scimitar runestone and shields?

@thomasblair / @mhalashace shields offer no unique stats or utility as items, beyond stat sticks from what you put in. [in the new system are they treated as weapon rather than armor?]

no difference between the sizes either [and whats that about secutor granting "tower shields" as well? compared to current small and medium sizes?]

what is the status of adding the secutor discipline powers?

any plans to make shields more interesting as items?

p.s. wheres that 'block' power at with regards the scimitar runestone granting a shield slot...but doing nothing with it power wise [grounding is fairly lacklustre imo]

IMO scimitar should get a parry counter attack style lightning blast power for some fun. call storm is hardly exciting either... [and stormcaller orbs and 'rage' gen meh too]

Edited by Tinnis

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

I would love to see Shields come with BOTH -Damage Modifier and a -Personal Damage Modifier based on the size of shield.
This way by equipping a shield you will both TAKE and DEAL less Damage.

Would also love to see more classes be able to use them, like a Templar.

Basic Block and Knight Block seem to be in decent places, Cleric Block however is pretty bad. I hope that this can change and Cleric Block brought up to the rest in terms of efficiency and effectiveness.

ScornofLife2.jpg

Anybody out there willing to share the new recipes?  I went through and did 90% of the metals myself, just don’t have a small army of account to train all the skills myself.  Would love to see the leather changes.

8 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Ummmm they have a whole suite of unique stat combinations associated with them. Have you tried to make one since the 5/29 push?

Can't anymore..... gotta wait a few weeks now till we can unlock the training again....

While not a bad problem to have.... You gave us too many toys.. and not enough time!

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

11 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Ummmm they have a whole suite of unique stat combinations associated with them. Have you tried to make one since the 5/29 push?

well, was there a patch note to this effect about shield stats? for the test i can't connect to and everything skill wise has just been wiped? :P

Edited by Tinnis

3 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Shields use 2 metal sections now instead of 2 metal bars. The sections have mainly defensive and extra stamina stats and a smattering of AP/SP.

do the large shields take more materials / have more of these stat slots? will we see tower shields soon?

On 30/01/2018 at 9:42 PM, thomasblair said:

care to give us any examples of such unique new stats on shields then?

i dont see anything here for example

unknown.png

You can get resists on shields.

But the resists are broken and when you experiment it does nothing!

It also throws out all the normal combine rules on mats and uses its own, because: reasons.