Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venark

A new thread for all the beautiful crafted items!

On 2/26/2018 at 2:35 PM, Scorn said:

That's not a bad book. 

And I HATE the gambling. It feels like such a WASTE of materials to me. I plan to be typing up a wall for my 5.3-5.4 feedbacks soon.*

I'm not a fan of RNG in most cases, but I think it will work well in this case once we have factories. 

Having the highest quality resources shouldn't automatically mean you craft the best gear. Crafters need to put more effort into it than just clicking buttons. Skill training, Leadership buffs, crafting disciplines and crafting gear all need to be useful. Once the crafter gets a set of rolls they are happy with, they create a blueprint and duplicate the item X number of times, removing the RNG entirely at that point. Though, that has to be done for each sub component and for the final combine. With resources being finite, it will be up to the crafters to decide when the rolls are good enough to start mass producing the item rather than trying over and over to get better rolls. 

I can't wait until we get factories. That is going to make crafting so much more fun IMO. We are going to see some ridiculously good gear being made.

On 2/28/2018 at 9:50 PM, Destrin said:

2506 HP and 2.94 Piercing Damage Increase

2500_HP_Piercing.jpg

I have to Necro Reply this just to ask how the (random censor message) you pulled that many HP?

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

34 minutes ago, Diz said:

I have to Necro Reply this just to ask how the (random censor message) you pulled that many HP?

It's not that difficult really. Use good mats and get an amazing asssembly or two. I got over 2100 on a leather set with blue and green mats. Make sure your leather worker is trained.

40 minutes ago, Diz said:

Great+ Rolls on the HP components AND the final combine.  The treated leather component is also huge in giving HP, and it was a great+ roll on those as well.  All with 50%+ risk so the bonus from that as well.

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

22 minutes ago, Destrin said:

Great+ Rolls on the HP components AND the final combine.  The treated leather component is also huge in giving HP, and it was a great+ roll on those as well.  All with 50%+ risk so the bonus from that as well.

We're you able to get more than 1 Treated per item?  Still fighting with that.  Have managed mid-300s with just the 1 treated.  

Durable continues to be a problem, can't wait for 5.5

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

Just now, Diz said:

We're you able to get more than 1 Treated per item?  Still fighting with that.  Have managed mid-300s with just the 1 treated.  

Durable continues to be a problem, can't wait for 5.5

No, you can only put 1 treated per item because they do not stack.  But you can get a single treated leather up to 75-83 Max HP.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

6 minutes ago, Destrin said:

No, you can only put 1 treated per item because they do not stack.  But you can get a single treated leather up to 75-83 Max HP.

Very nice.  Hopefully with 5.5 I can work on that with better quality Durable

2s922vm.png

Chapter Leader

Well I have to jot this down as an Almost Lovely. Facing 50% assembly fails every step of the way. last Combine (where we get the 4x lift) I failed. The rolling stats to the last Assembly were quite good I suspect at least 50-75 AP was possible if the Assembly fail did not lock the pips.

@thomasblair would rather see the 4X spread out .. I succeeded how many times in a row only to miss out on the 4X step which moves this from a great item to at best the same as a successful Green with a non-failed 4X roll? 

3484VBo.png

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

this was a better outcome testing where I have the 70%+ assembly. not even a risky pip usage format so I could see +2 meters per ring without too much problem.

R2dVMa1.png

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

so with 3 of these a crafter would see a total of:

2.00 lift in the Assembly value 

0.825 Pips increase

0.585 Experimentation increase 

In this craft I pushed Pips on the Cut so that is why the Exp is so low as its stunted on the first cut so its not targeted again until the Sheen on the final Combine.

BVDonnW.png

LR0tCJt.png

Another almost fabulous .... the Gem above is primed to allow +3 meters. I survive the Assembly but I only get a 0.2 lift in the Ranged Distance bonus on successful assembly. Supposedly my 4X comes from the pisps but I hit Failure, Crit Failure, failure then success. Using a format of 3 pip, 3 pip, 3 pip then a 1.

chance of that failing in a 3 straight steps like that? 0.0196 or under 2% but in last 5 days I have far more 3 chain fails than a 2% stat would seem to imply.

The Ranged Distance gets an initial value then you can attack its value

1. with pips on the cut effort
  2. it gets a lift on the grind assembly but no pip adjustment
  3. it gets a lift on the polish assembly but no pip adjustment
  4. it gets a lift on the final ring assembly
  5. it can be targeted in the sheen pip usage

Step 5 is where we have seen and heard all of the big adjustments come, So I do feel a 3 meter single ring is doable .. sadly right now the ring stats rely (in my opinion) too heavily on the final step to make them worth anything. 

qHr9lpz.png

LR0tCJt.png

1 hour ago, Anhrez said:

Supposedly my 4X comes from the pisps but I hit Failure, Crit Failure, failure then success. Using a format of 3 pip, 3 pip, 3 pip then a 1.

chance of that failing in a 3 straight steps like that? 0.0196 or under 2% but in last 5 days I have far more 3 chain fails than a 2% stat would seem to imply.

How are you calculating that probability? I wasn't aware that we had been given probabilities for experiment results.

IhhQKY6.gif

5 minutes ago, Jah said:

How are you calculating that probability? I wasn't aware that we had been given probabilities for experiment results.

I am using a flat 27% fail X 27% fail X 27% fail ... what is the chance to roll 3 fails in a chain.

I suspect that the 27% chance for my 3 pip is a binary result fail/success ... then within the Fail there is a Fail/Critical Fail and under Success there is Success/Moderate Success/Good/Great/Amazing all weighted from our Experimentation stat 

LR0tCJt.png

Just now, Anhrez said:

I am using a flat 27% fail X 27% fail X 27% fail ... what is the chance to roll 3 fails in a chain.

I suspect that the 27% chance for my 3 pip is a binary result fail/success ... then within the Fail there is a Fail/Critical Fail and under Success there is Success/Moderate Success/Good/Great/Amazing all weighted from our Experimentation stat 

Where are you getting the 27% chance to fail from?

IhhQKY6.gif

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

Where are you getting the 27% chance to fail from?

using 3 pips on the Experimentation out of 11 possible pips .... each 3 Pip experiment is a 27.27% chance

LR0tCJt.png

1 minute ago, Anhrez said:

using 3 pips on the Experimentation out of 11 possible pips .... each 3 Pip experiment is a 27.27% chance

3 out of 11 pips is 27.27% Risk. Risk is not the same thing as chance to fail. If it was then 100% Risk experiments would always fail.

IhhQKY6.gif