Sign in to follow this  
Pann

Founders' Update: Fresh Blood - Official discussion thread

Our team currently has a cumulative total of over 550 years of professional game development experience (that’s ~12.25 years per person) and over 340 years of professional MMO development experience as part of that (~7.6 years per person!) The average ACE team member has worked on 3.2 MMOs!

That's great; so no excuses as to why we can't have numlock auto run ;p.

49 minutes ago, Gorwald said:

Great stuff, keep it up team ! And thanks @Tyrant for the EU server !

No problem, now you folks need that EU fill it up!  Somewhere between 50-60 simultaneous people the server starts to feel "alive" in my play.  Based on last nights scale test we can support a multiple of that so come and break it please!

We've got some interesting hot fixes coming this week too.

1 hour ago, Helix said:

That's great; so no excuses as to why we can't have numlock auto run ;p.

We do have numlock autorun... welcome to the future!

At what point would ACE declare pre-alpha is being phased out and alpha will start?

More engineers!

giphy.gif

Should be nice since the usual answer we get for why something hasn't come out or is taking so long tends to be "engineering time". 

2 hours ago, jetah said:

At what point would ACE declare pre-alpha is being phased out and alpha will start?

Live Launch Date

4 hours ago, Destrin said:

Well then....

no excuse NOT to have a man-dolphin race in that case.

7 hours ago, Destrin said:

We even got in HOLD Left Mouse + HOLD Right Mouse Hold as a movement steer in 5.4.

The only question I have is, When Will Then be Now?

14 hours ago, jetah said:

When launch features like classes (Frostweaver) aren't still in the design phase. :lol:

Edited by moneda

32 minutes ago, moneda said:

When launch features like classes (Frostweaver) aren't still in the design phase. :lol:

This would be a good point to move out from pre-alpha. That would probably free a lot of manpower and we could start focusing on bigger things.

CF should move out from pre-alpha soon. I love you guys but being 3 years in pre-alpha looks like more of a excuse now. The game has progressed enough to be in alpha and probably could be aiming at getting a beta rolling soon (We launch this year).

Saying we are still in pre-alpha can be used to explain a lot of stuff but we have progressed a LOT since Hunger Dome. Pre-alpha doesnt seems fit to explain all the progress we had in the last few years.

I know yall mentioned selling your old msi laptops via social media but, You might get a better return on some of the testers winning them as a prize on one of your streams. Just food for thought. Easy media boost in advertisement for something thats already paid for. :)

3 hours ago, BarriaKarl said:

This would be a good point to move out from pre-alpha. That would probably free a lot of manpower and we could start focusing on bigger things.

CF should move out from pre-alpha soon. I love you guys but being 3 years in pre-alpha looks like more of a excuse now. The game has progressed enough to be in alpha and probably could be aiming at getting a beta rolling soon (We launch this year).

Saying we are still in pre-alpha can be used to explain a lot of stuff but we have progressed a LOT since Hunger Dome. Pre-alpha doesnt seems fit to explain all the progress we had in the last few years.

No, it wouldn't. The game still isn't a game, there isn't really an objective and most of the base systems are still not there yet. They are still building the architecture that they can use as foundation for the game. That's why it's still pre-alpha. Pre-alpha stage of a game can take a lot of time, and often is the longest period in a game's development. But worry not, soon as they are done laying the foundation, the speed of updates should increase by a significant margin. 

3 hours ago, moneda said:

I'd say you could add some other features on the list before the game can be considered complete and has everything needed to move to "a more polish focused stage"

I think adventure parcels and caravans will cause a significant change in the ways resources are harvested, with far more players leaving the safety of strongholds... And being able to trade is something you need to have a flowing economy.

It would seem both things are on the pve side of the coin, but more targets and access to better items aren't bad things for pvp

20 hours ago, Destrin said:

Can we get auto run to not turn off when I try to talk in a chat?  We get a lot of new players in game and you can obviously see players constantly stopping in the pvp area trying to assist new players.  Auto run that doesn’t keep running until you do a forward/back movement or toggle run off to break it needs some tweaking.  

@thomasblair