Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

Founders' Update: Fresh Blood - Official discussion thread

42 minutes ago, Zastier said:

No, it wouldn't. The game still isn't a game, there isn't really an objective and most of the base systems are still not there yet. They are still building the architecture that they can use as foundation for the game. That's why it's still pre-alpha. Pre-alpha stage of a game can take a lot of time, and often is the longest period in a game's development. But worry not, soon as they are done laying the foundation, the speed of updates should increase by a significant margin. 

That doesnt prevent us from going to alpha stage soon. I didnt even ask for them to change now but only when all classes are on which for all we know is still months away.

44 minutes ago, Thevo said:

I'd say you could add some other features on the list before the game can be considered complete and has everything needed to move to "a more polish focused stage"

I wouldnt say alpha is "a polish focused stage", that would fall more in Beta. I think pre-alpha should only have being used on Hunger Dome stage, that is what "not even in alpha" alludes to.

I saw a stream in portuguese yesterday and when people pointed out that gathering rock for hours (i watched for like 40 min and the guy barely finished his first set) was boring i had to say we were in pre-alpha. That is clearly not the case. The game is solid enough that this should be inexcusable.

Pre-alpha gives this feeling that whatever is happening is already good enough since you just started making the game. Hey gathering is not fun? We are in pre-alpha just have gathering is already pretty good. Having a failure destroy your mats? Dude, just having crafting set up is already awesome.

We clearly moved past that stage.

Can someone confirm if release on 2018 is a official statement or wheter it is only the community opinion? My brain cant link "pre-alpha" with "release this year".

7 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Can someone confirm if release on 2018 is a official statement or wheter it is only the community opinion? My brain cant link "pre-alpha" with "release this year".

https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/founders-update-target-dates-and-victory/ (2nd last paragraph, I believe that is as close as we get to a date though (and personally I kinda doubt it as well, and if done probably late 2018 imo))

That said I think you VASTLY underestimate the length of a pre-alpha phase, most games would not even reveal themselves to the public before being in a very late pre-alpha

3 minutes ago, BarriaKarl said:

Not a solid official statement (at least I haven't read it anywhere), but it's been hinted a couple times on official sentences that it could be what they are working for.

"This capital infusion puts us in a great position to soft launch Crowfall® this year!"

https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/founders-update-fresh-blood/

"As exciting as 2017 has been, 2018 is going to blow it out of the water. We’ve got some hugely impactful milestones in front of us: alpha, beta, soft launch and – once the game is polished enough – our world-wide commercial release."

https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/founders'-update-a-great-year/

I agree that most of the core systems are already ingame, but there are still some things missing. You can call it a late pre-alpha or straightly say it's an alpha. I'm pretty sure it won't be long before it's an official alpha.