Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Basic Tools

srathor

God damn these still really really really suck.

Can we please get some intermediate tools on live and test. With 3 times the durability and + dust production. And a nice power that sucks doobers in on node destruction like a gravity well. 

We should struggle for a week or two for some crafter/harvester to start putting them on the market or trading them for resources. 

Intermediate tools for intermediate skill levels to make

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

1 hour ago, Arkade said:

I found the durability of basic tools to be really good when using the passive from Villein.

Yup Villein, advanced tools, and tool decay skills are what we budgeted around. Would be great is Runemakers were producing Factory Crates of Tools for sale in the future.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

What is meant to be the new player experience in harvesting? The people who do not have anything of that sort. Budgeting around decked-out players with loads of training and gear does not make it a better new player experience.

I agree that Villein "fixes" the problem, but Villein will at some point cost more than a single ore and require a skilled crafter.

Is the new player experience meant to be painful, with tools constantly breaking and inefficient harvesting?

5 hours ago, Andrillyn said:

What is meant to be the new player experience in harvesting? The people who do not have anything of that sort. Budgeting around decked-out players with loads of training and gear does not make it a better new player experience.

I agree that Villein "fixes" the problem, but Villein will at some point cost more than a single ore and require a skilled crafter.

Is the new player experience meant to be painful, with tools constantly breaking and inefficient harvesting?

Not sure about you all, but i had been just giving away about 20 rune tools a day....once you give it a few days and not knee jerk the first time you have to actually try...you will realize that tool decay may not be an issue.  The other comment is everybody all going me me me me me I I I i I I... be prepared for “mercenary “ players that spec all leadership.  I have a guild member that specializes in leadership and I can’t explain how cool that skill tree is.  Just by him being in group, nearing max damage on lvl 7 nodes and a buff that acts like villein from his leadership buff. 

You want ant to really make good gear, be ready to pay a crafting leader to just be in group.  Getting extra experiment pips and success rate from adding them to group will be the difference of a +40 tool and a +70 tool ( really easy to get if you do it right)

On 2/1/2018 at 11:02 PM, Andrillyn said:

I'm brand new, and I'm okay. I can see this being a problem if it was a fully finished product, but I know that my quality of life isn't important in a test environment. I'm not here so much to have a good experience, as I am to help improve the unfinished product with my testing and critiques. 

I agree that we should be able to upgrade the basic harvesting tools for testing. Its a very slow process which will be a good thing at launch but for testing? We need to be one hitting these damn tree's and stone's :) so we can test out the other aspects of the game. 

12 hours ago, NorseLegend said:

I agree that we should be able to upgrade the basic harvesting tools for testing. Its a very slow process which will be a good thing at launch but for testing? We need to be one hitting these damn tree's and stone's :) so we can test out the other aspects of the game. 

Training is sped up, so you can get better in harvesting faster. It's much easier to craft disciplines, so you can add harvesting disciplines. There are resource chests at the POIs, making it easier to obtain better quality resources. 

Take advantage of what they've already given us.

While starting to harvest I learned to make several basic tools in advance of harvesting including the helpful runes as well as applying the skills that will help me get better harvests. When my tool gets to the point before it breaks, I save them up then head to the brazier for some xp. Just building up skills now so I can craft better tools.