Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neveses

No Skill Reset for "every" patch

A huge portion of this game is upgrading your skills through the large amount of time necessary to advance. I do not mind this at all. But I would like to suggest only resetting skills after a patch to the next step such as, 5.x.x to 6.x.x
That way we can really see what its like when we reach the end of a skill tree. I kept on 5.3 pretty well almost not gap between time and I was unable to reach the end of any skill tree (was focusing crafting). 
I love the fact that you guys are rolling out these patches in a timely manner, its is very nice to see substance patches in an alpha game. So please dont change that! Haha. Thanks for reading :)

actually I can understand this guy. wipes is a fresh reset for guild competition and hurt very much players who testing from time to time or do not have constant group for fast, easy and safe gathering and now even crafting.

well, at least now we do not need to login every day to lvling :D

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550

they said they'd try not to but it happens. we're testing knowing full well stuff could be wiped every day. Tyrant mentioned they'll push a hotfix that will make the training time faster.

Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

ACE wants things tested and Testers dont want to feel like they are being kicked in the Jimmy when they test.  You cant expect people who feel like they are continually getting Jimmy kicked to keep coming back.

Edited by Zolaz
lack of coffee

TBH with the introduction of gating crafting behind the skills training it gave us a good look at the launch conditions if the current skills system went unchanged... and boy.. was it an eye opener.  Not even a single upgrade... for anyone.. in about 2 days.... In early game dust is precious, but without PH 2 from the pre-alpha harvesting test discipline recipes everyone would be in a tickle fight with basics until we can get enough dust to make our first upgraded weapons.  This was an excellent test IMO.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

1 hour ago, Jah said:

They don't wipe for "every" patch at all. There have been very few skill wipes.

I think that the use of quotation marks are there to express irony.  As in, it isn't every patch, but it sure does feel like it.

Just now, Zolaz said:

I think that the use of quotation marks are there to express irony.  As in, it isn't every patch, but it sure does feel like it.

There was one skill wipe in all of 2017. Saying that feels like they wipe "every" patch is nonsense.

IhhQKY6.gif

14 minutes ago, Jah said:

There was one skill wipe in all of 2017. Saying that feels like they wipe "every" patch is nonsense.

There was more than one skill wipe.  You have skills on both TEST and LIVE.  

6 minutes ago, Zolaz said:

There was more than one skill wipe.  You have skills on both TEST and LIVE.  

How many skill wipes would you say happened in 2017?

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, Jah said:

How many skill wipes would you say happened in 2017?

For 85% of 2017 there was only a single server and it was not reset in a full year (Oct 2016) since big world...  this week was the second reset in the life of the development cycle.  The new Test server which opened with 5.3 in October was just reset for its first time but it is expected to be wiped much more frequently.  You are correct Jah, there have been very few skill resets and only a handfull of CW spirit bank wipes.

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Would you call the skill tree rework and reset a wipe?  I seem to remember a TEST and LIVE version of the old skill map that was changed. 

18 hours ago, Zolaz said:

Would you call the skill tree rework and reset a wipe?  I seem to remember a TEST and LIVE version of the old skill map that was changed. 

Yes, that was the only skill wipe in 2017.

IhhQKY6.gif