ACE_Jackal

Concept Art: Yaga and the Crypt - Official Discussion Thread

14 minutes ago, ACE_Jackal said:

Watch a timelapse of Dave Greco's newest concept art!

FULL STORY

No link yet!

https://crowfall.com/en/news/articles/concept-art-yaga-and-the-crypt/

p.s. @davegreco what was the 'real time' on this piece and is there a image file of the finished product around? :)

article lacks it, but got this one from twitter

6tlNTd1.jpg

i assume the crypt will relate to vessel equipping...

Edited by Tinnis

Oops! We just realized that the title card on the video has Yaga misspelled. =( We're fixing it now and will replace the video ASAP. 

17 minutes ago, Pann said:

Oops! We just realized that the title card on the video has Yaga misspelled. =( We're fixing it now and will replace the video ASAP. 

hah... reminds me of when i mispelt some video text as "woof-elf".... [didnt correct it on a 2k+ view video teehee]

please dont give todd any more ideas for more animal and elf races.... oh god

rip render and upload time for you...

Edited by Tinnis

Watch the Crone come to life as she collects a soul, but for what purpose? All will be revealed.

Is this a tease at something bgger? Are we getting another big reveal?

If no, kill this before people start creating crazy theories...

Edited by BarriaKarl

Can i buy it @davegreco it would be great with the Myrmidon one :wub:

Again an amazing piece of art and the work behind is impressive, seeing from what you start :blink:

And BTW, what kind of secret stuff guys do you think about it? Sacrifice of the Crow? :lol: Lot of XP gain for a vessel when you sacrifice a crow and all the skills training? :D 

And another thing : is this a new music for Crowfall we hear in background? :wub:

13:47 the transition from black to colors with the music B) Tell me it's new music for the game :D

For the theory : we can see a balance, and some "statues" on right side (vessels?) could be the system to switch vessels?

The scarf is a manifestation of her ailment—namely that she cannot see the present, only the past and the future. This limitation makes her interactions with mortals seem at once both cryptic and terrifying.

Yaga is also commonly associated with death—but not as judge or executioner. She is merely a collector, the embodiment of the natural and inevitable conclusion to the cycle of life. By tradition, all life begins with Cybele (sowing), blossoms into the realm of Gaea (growth and prosperity) and eventually concludes with Yaga (reaping). This is why she is commonly shown as a reaper or harvester.

It is said that Yaga appears to mortals at the moment of death—to collect their dying breath—and that she can hear, within those final gasps, a lifetime of memories and sins. She pens these into the Book of Whispers, to hold safe until in the End of Days when each mortal shall be judged by the gods and held accountable for their actions.

A new system around the death and the gods? Malus?

Edited by Gorwald

I loved your concept arts and the influence they had (and will have) on the final game from the first day on. They are simply outstanding and add so so much to the game. It's kind of sad that most players probably never will come to know who transfered basic ideas into what we see in the game. In my opinion it should be honored much more.

And so it's kind of selfish, i hope you will also have your fingers in the custom heraldry arts. Yeah i know, it's far below your level. But hey, one can dream, huh? xD

Really enjoying this.  I have it running on my second monitor at work, and several people have stopped to admire.

May I ask:  what sound tracks are these?

30 minutes ago, Nazdar said:

Really enjoying this.  I have it running on my second monitor at work, and several people have stopped to admire.

May I ask:  what sound tracks are these?

All Crowfall music that Todd ordered up long ago but has been awaiting hookup.

24 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

All Crowfall music...

This is quality stuff.  You, sir, just made my day.