Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ren

Noble

I think they are probably different Caste, yet same race.  I just can't picture Noble and Highborn as sub-races.

Also note, Templar narrative talks about a Highborn being married to a Noble (Templar and Knight).

My guess is that nobles are a military group, earning prestige through battle, while Highborn are more of an aristocrat group, gaining prestige through marriage and politics.

How Can Mounts Add to the Crowfall Experience?  Caravans, Hunting Boars, and more.

How Complex can Mining be in Crowfall?  Mining difficulty, fatigue, infrastructure.

But is there any impact on choices within the game?  Can we have a ginger knight? Or a black haired Templar?

We don't know. Hair color may be restricted because everyone was redheaded on the world where Templars come from. Maybe on the world where Knights come from (these are both assuming one, which I actually assume is wrong) there is only black hair. No clue.

But I doubt it. We will be able to color our hair. I don't doubt that at all. I also don't think it's terribly important, but I know some do.

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.

I'm also leaning towards either 'same idea, different worlds' or two different subclasses of rich people of the human race, but not actual subraces of humans. Unless hair color is indeed restricted, at which point subraces would make more sense. (I think the only reason I could see limits on hair color is to try and differentiate the different humans classes at a glance.) More likely, I would think having consistent hair color in the art right now makes it easier to quickly group together the pictures for concept art.

I have the distinct impression that for the moment, the customization options will be pretty limited.  Probably hair color, some facial features and hair styles.  The models we have seen from pre-alpha game footage don't seem like they are going to scale up and down particularly well (completely unprofessional opinion...), so I'm doubting there will be a lot of variability in somatotype.  

Maybe I'm off-base, and certainly player customization is a big part of an MMO for many players.  But I get the feeling more effort on the small team is going into the overall game design and less into individualization options.  

We've read elsewhere that he male templar and knight are using the same skeletal frame (JTC mentioned this in the thread on "Ask the Devs"), and it wouldn't surprise me if they are all human.  "Noble" certainly seems to be considered with a great deal of cynicism on a semantic level by the posthumous knight in their backstory... The Templars were not, as I recall, sporting any particular crests (were they?), but the Knights are (over on the "Order" side of the tree).

The cynicism calls into question the role of the Gods in the tripartite Order, Balance & Chaos structure, doesn't it?

This subforum is called "Noble" Knight. Not unlike the "Highborn" Templar.

Both human subraces?

Discuss.

I believe both designate social status. The author probably just couldn't name them both Human Knight and Human Templar, that would sound too simplistic. So he came up with Highborn and Noble. Edited by rajah

Well, humanity is the worst plague ever. No doubt they can be everywhere, in all castes of the society :D

But hey, so far Highborn and Noble are not yet the dregs of humanity, although the Noble looks pretty fatalistic in his lore... I'm sad for him.

As he says, Knights have orders. He may be Noble, but there is a hierarchy among Nobles, A Knight can be Baron and take orders from the Duchess above him :(

And as he gets fighting skills, he is sent to do the filthy work.

Or maybe this is the village he failed protecting it.

Edited by shmilbick

I agree, honor is far more important in a Knight's life than everything else.

But at the moment he is annobled, he has responsabilities and, in case of failure, chatiments worst than death.

Edited by shmilbick

I aggry, honor is far more important in a Knight's life than averything else.

But at the moment he is annobled, he has responsabilities and, in case of failure, chatiments worst than death.

???

Oh, I saw in another post you're using a phone. Good. Thought you were having a stroke.

Edited by bairloch

I'm in this for the Experience, not the XP.