Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mastery node .... riddle me this

Xpade

So... i've unlocked a mastery node on racials, but wanted to confirm basic crafting before I time sink.... 

The mastery node needs "all" the nodes connecting to it at 5 pips?  Just the ones connecting, and not the entire chain (i already know this one as I just trained a master without a complete chain done). With that..... crafting basics will need each basic craft unlocked?  that seems like a SUPER CRAP way to become a crafting master lol. 

I guess I want to verify if i need ALL connecting nodes complete, or the similar cluster complete?  Like rune craft, necromancy, alchemy would be a cluster.

mH0J7vt.jpg

I would guess that yes, you need to train all of the ones that lead into it. I've got Blacksmithing and Leatherworking to 5 pips and can't train the mastery node.

That node gives you 25 basic crafting assembly, which gives you some smaller amount of assembly in all of the advanced professions. I forget what the conversion rate is though. Maybe 5 to 1? So its really not a big deal, more of something that you get after you've gotten everything else for your profession.

Yeah:  my theory/question would be...if you finished blacksmith, wood and stone, would that unlock it for you?  @Arkade

hopefully don’t have to unlock all 9 crafting types.... yes thrills count too..

On 2/4/2018 at 7:52 AM, Xpade said:

With that..... crafting basics will need each basic craft unlocked?  that seems like a SUPER CRAP way to become a crafting master lol. 

That is how you become a master of basic crafting. If you plan to specialize in one or two crafting professions, you probably won't get around to mastering the basics until later. You'll be more interested in the advanced trees related to your chosen professions.

IhhQKY6.gif

Yeah, figured as much.  Was hoping maybe for something like runecraft/necromancy/alchemy master would let you progress.  I couldn’t imagine them time required in a non accelerated time to train

I currently have the Runemaking, Blacksmithing and Leatherworking nodes trained. I'm working on Necromancy. The mastery node isn't unlocked yet. I will eventually train them all just so I can train the mastery node.

I did verify that training just 1 pip in the first node of the profession tree unlocks the advanced recipes for that profession. There are other nodes within the tree though that say that unlock various recipes. I trained a couple pips in one of the Blacksmithing ones, but it didn't give me any additional recipes. It says it gives intermediate recipes, which is strange. Once I finish the rest of the tree, I will train those and see if they give any additional recipes. I hope it isn't intended that we have to train all those nodes just to get all the recipes. I understand gating it so not everyone can do it, but that might be a little too much.