Tinnis

Should deaths in an eternal kingdom cause durability loss (both now and in the future)?

5 hours ago, Kirchhoff said:

We certainly disagree on it being even possible, which is fine.  You seem to have insight in to how the Developers view EK's (I do not), so perhaps you are right.

In any case, it is not something I am worried about.  It is not something I think will happen.  It is hypothetical.  I brought it up because, for me, it was the only big reason having no durability loss in EK's would be a problem.  If that situation never exists, then it is a non issue.  I was never arguing about how feasible, likely, or practical it was.

The lack of risk, including durability loss, is exactly half the reason why it would / should never happen. The other half being no worthwhile rewards from sandboxing play outside of the joy in screwing around.

Think about twinking in WoW. If you don't know what that is, basically its when players would only level up partially and then they'd take part in lower tier battlegrounds, competitively. It was pretty popular but not viral. Anyway, Blizzard actually removed the capability to do this because it was interfering with other players. Twinkers would get the best gear available at their level, and absolutely smash everybody who were in just basic leveling gear. They'd also take the highest level in the level-based bracket. Personally I was disappointed when they made this change, because I always felt, despite all the negativity towards it, twinking was pretty cool. It was a great way to escape the grind and just have fun. People disrespected it because most of the fights had were against ill-geared and leveled people, with maybe only a couple twinkers on the enemy side (not sure how many). Still sounds like fun to me, even if you only get a couple of opponents. Anyway, I understand this was against the intention of lower tier battlegrounds and that blizzard was obligated to protect the "regular" players, but I would have much preferred they leave it raw and untouched because not only is that how i like my games, but its also supporting an escape from the grind/progression which I always think is cool.

If anything threatened the well being of a CW, certainly ACE would step in and fix the problem. Their vision for EKs is probably not to be a viral replacement for CWs.

I guess it would depend on the purpose of the EK's. I can enable or disable PVP so loss is not a thing.  I Like the idea of a basic gathering area where people can skill up some safely. 

Are all types of crafting material going to drop in an EK? I wouldn't think so but I am a new guy.  Maybe some materials only drop in campaign areas and can't be moved to an EK?  AT the very least you must harvest certain mats in a risk reward scenario.  I suspect that most will be able to craft safely in Campaigns anyway.  I could be wrong so if that is the case, do we care where stuff is made. 

This is going to be a player driven econ so we really do want crafters to to their thing.  If PVP is going to equate to ganking harvesters, the game is going to be short lived.

I like the idea of being able to use an EK for a guild training ground.   That is a superb idea or even a way for guilds to practice or fight each other for fun and working out how to work together.