Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Maslak

Will Crowfall be f2p or i will have to buy it?

10 hours ago, mrgreenleaf said:

that is very sad hear since most of the games now are based on micro transactions giving the game a huge population....

I don't find it sad at all, since micro transactions suck. Micro transactions force the game company to put content behind pay walls, or the games become pay to win. One way or another, the company needs to make money so they can keep the game running. I'd rather everyone pay their fair share than have a small segment of the population paying large amounts while everyone else plays for free.

I wouldn't say the game is dying, its not even launched in fact its pre-alpha and yet tons of content makers are watching out for it(and will try it in its launch phase, which will kill or grow it). It will always be Buy to play but with pay to keep up, this however has its reason and should be looked into if you are concerned.

Crowfall's player basis dying is a terrible misconception as in reality the games development is slow and so many just got bored of testing the same thing however as the team did expand at the end of 2017 except a ramp in Dev progress.

The end of the story is the games nothing more then a prototype in its current state and you will have to buy it to play it, lastly no free to play mmorpg ever survives and only greedy pay to play mmorpgs have died once devs wanted to milk their players.

21 hours ago, DocHollidaze said:

No. Maybe it will one day once the game is in decline and no longer very popular - like they do with other old MMO's now.

Decline / Dying choice of English really.

Edited by KittyBot

2 hours ago, Arkade said:

I don't find it sad at all, since micro transactions suck. Micro transactions force the game company to put content behind pay walls, or the games become pay to win. One way or another, the company needs to make money so they can keep the game running. I'd rather everyone pay their fair share than have a small segment of the population paying large amounts while everyone else plays for free.

PoE has a great cash shop. outside of account services it's cosmetic clothes and gfx.  Warframe is f2p with a market but people who buy silver (market currency) can trade it to those that grind out Prime items and blueprints. This allows f2p to obtain all items that cost silver.

I haven't seen content behind a paywall in a while unless you are also referring to Expansions or DLCs.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

22 hours ago, mrgreenleaf said:

it will never be a free to play game.

Correct. Buy to play (B2P), with subscription ($15/mo.) recommended. if you play enough to get materials for trade, you should be able to trade stuff/service for your sub.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

@Jah

i've suggested a demo campaign with no imports or exports. lets people do the new player experience and be guided through all of the things. only thing that would carry over is skill training if they purchased the game.

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

lol if there is low population  its because u have to pay to play the game... if it was free  the game would have problems with server overpopulation.... no game can be like world of warcraft pay to play nothing can beat that this is what i hate games going out thinking they will have population  with pay to play.... you wont because you will never reach WOW  history all the story everything its just touching this game is just meh another game where you have to buy to play it (hopefully just for now)

and with microtransactions you can see how league of legends did it  i think all games should look at LOL strategy with economics really  just cosmetics and other minor things  i mean if the game is good its good end of story but buy to play limits you more then half of the games population potential and i remind you look at league of legends history