Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cutting Grit

KittyBot

As  a jewel crafter I have come across a real bottle neck in the craft, Cutting Grit.

At a maximum of 5% chance on slag this is the most rare part of making jewels. In fact I can up to 200 slag without a single grit dropping and this is really concerning to me, have any of you come across this bottleneck and how have you overcome it?

21 minutes ago, KittyBot said:

As  a jewel crafter I have come across a real bottle neck in the craft, Cutting Grit.

At a maximum of 5% chance on slag this is the most rare part of making jewels. In fact I can up to 200 slag without a single grit dropping and this is really concerning to me, have any of you come across this bottleneck and how have you overcome it?

The more Plentiful Harvest you have, the more likely (I hope) it drops. With the Miner Harvesting Disc, I have Plentiful Harvest 4 and got 6 Cutting Grit to drop while collecting 400 Slag

An alternative is to ask nicely in Global that you’ll trade Grit for Gold Coins, or whatever 

Edited by coolster50

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Plentiful Resources: Slag grants a 5% chance when trained to max. Since this is a perhit stat it can trigger up to 3 times per slag node. Roughly 1 in 7 slag nodes should yield a grit.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

35 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Plentiful Resources: Slag grants a 5% chance when trained to max. Since this is a perhit stat it can trigger up to 3 times per slag node. Roughly 1 in 7 slag nodes should yield a grit.

What is the percentage if you are a beginning Jeweler with less than max Ore harvesting skills?

6 minutes ago, Zolaz said:

What is the percentage if you are a beginning Jeweler with less than max Ore harvesting skills?

Baseline stat value for Harvest Chance: Cutting Grit  is 0.
Until you train the aforementioned skill to get the stat you would never see a Cutting Grit from harvesting.

Thomas Blair
Follow us on Twitter 

On 2/5/2018 at 12:59 PM, KittyBot said:

Without even fully training the node I get cutting grit all the time. This seems anomalous to me.

9 minutes ago, Anthrage said:

Without even fully training the node I get cutting grit all the time. This seems anomalous to me.

Each pip is worth a 1% gain, and I imagine you get to at least 3 or 4 pips before moving on.

Thomas Blair
Follow us on Twitter 

Ok, I just got done with my first "experiment" :D

Poor Quality Rune Crafted Pick +5 skill

Crafting Runes: Villein, Miner Base cutting grit chance: 5%

No training in Mining at all...

Time: 20 minutes

Used the 4th pip to increase bonus then 1st pip to increase mining skill by 5%

Collected in first run: 50 nodes

Ore: 202

Dust: 26

Grit: 6

Edited by RobynOakwise

A little update:

Using:

• a common plentiful harvest potion.
  • + 59% mining rune pick with +0.1 plentiful harvest.
  • Spamming "Finer Things"
  • I have the skill pip at 5 and almost maxed all mining skills that don't fall into "Ore Specialization".

I farmed slag 30 minutes and got:

• 268 slag
  • 53 dust
  • 3 grit

To compare if I farm rank 7 or 9 tin I make in 10 minutes:

• 70+ common ore
  • 30+ uncommon ore
  • 10+ rare ore
  • 2+ Epic ore
  • and a bunch of soul gems

Again Grit is nothing more then a forced bottleneck to my crafting as I get rare gems more often then i ever get grit. I am also lord of all hamsters so how can the game be so cruel to me??

H6PFgY0.png

Edited by KittyBot