ACE_Jackal

ACE Q&A for February - Official Discussion Thread

Ah, that tracking tease...so close yet so far.

To expand: will tracking only be about anti stealth - or will it also have utility against visible players?

Are you going to be working and improving on the cartography crafting and map/exploration side

e.g. a scout displcine [one was briefly added to test with fog/map reveal stats only then switfly removed] and other exploration disciplines that are not only dedicated to harvesting.

I do like that the minor elven eyes discipline for instance increased far sight range for seeing nameplates and health bars etc

I would love if an opposite effect to this was also added e.g. a stone or other effect that decreases the distance at which enemies can see your namplate/health bars [or for 'everyone' they look at as a debuff e.g. nearsight etc]

But as previously reporting the currently initial imlpentation of carthgraphy has effort vs value issues [e.g. large costs/time/rsik to only share with one player...vs running with them or just screenshotting your world map instead]!

p.s. will we be seeing day/night cycle soon yet either?

Yea we really need to see the impact mounts and road speed would have on both movement and combat...

[just like we need to see the impact using harvest tools on siege walls and trees will have on sieging and fort fights etc]

and the death stuff! ^_^

Edited by Tinnis

3 minutes ago, Zybak said:

Beheading mechanic hype! I have a feeling this will be some sort of mechanic to delay a respawn or change where someone spawns? 

or gw2 style downed....[would feed into "rez" hints abit as well]

Edited by Tinnis

Beheaded = "can't be resurrected in the field by an ally" is my guess. I thought the idea of player rez abilities/powers was nixed months back so it's interesting to hear they might be introduced. I don't know how I'd feel about a Guild Wars 2-like Downed State. 🤔  

Also interesting to hear y'all are rethinking (or may rethink) Dizzy Down. Stealth classes being allowed to go out of combat and re-stealth while being punched in the back of the head would introduce a high level of chaos to combat. :lol:

1 hour ago, Zybak said:

Beheading mechanic hype! I have a feeling this will be some sort of mechanic to delay a respawn or change where someone spawns? 

JTC stated that we can collect heads and even display them in our EK's (Reddit stream).

2 hours ago, Weebles said:

Bend the knee or lose your head!

tumblr_mjq4gxiCLr1qdelmgo6_250.gif

Still salty about his death...

1 hour ago, Zybak said:

Hope it’s not GW2-style Downed State

What a great Q&A! 

Some of my favorite bits.

"So what we didn't get into was Tracking and Hunting [...] That's the piece I've got some big ideas I want to get to, that I wasn't ready to talk about yet. [...] So that's [Stealth/Perception skills interaction] a baseline."

~

"And I'd still love to go back to roads and give roads a speed up"

i think a speed buff on roads is a great concept. Darkfall did this as well and actually worked as intended.

Edited by drunk

21 minutes ago, jetah said:

I'd like a small document about some of the things being worked on.  Something I can point people to when they ask questions about progress.

Yes this and an updated FAQ would be nice.

Guess similar projects have players doing it but we don't seem to.