Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xavross

New LFG - Wall of text to intro myself & hope to meet right people. :-)

Hello everyone, Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Please allow me a small amount of time to introduce myself.

I'm a 36yo gamer who's also a husband and a father. That said I'm a huge gamer and really have a strong passion for the mmorpg genre. I've played WoW for years.....(many years).... and I've done everything you can think of in that game, from high-end raiding to naked gnome racing lol. So it goes without saying I have a lot of experience with online gaming, and have some very awesome memories.

However, as it tends to, times change and I'm sick of playing these massive open world "multiplayer" games that feel like I'm the only one there and on a treadmill with no real sense of purpose.

So over the past several weeks, I've been reading up A LOT on Crowfall, and trying to learn as much as I can about it.  And for so many reasons that I won’t go into here, I am more excited about this game than I’ve been about any in a long, long time.  To put it in the shortest terms, I honestly believe in this game and the devs behind it and want to get as involved with it as I can.  (FYI, I’ve recently started my own YouTube channel where the focus is on games and game-making, and I’ve decided that Crowfall is the game I’m going to cover on there as well.  I’m currently half-way through my first script on the matter).

Anyway, I purchased the Pioneer pack last night and jumped in, and wow!  I really didn't want to stop playing, and can't wait unit I get home after work today to get back to it.  Which leads me to why I'm here now.

I would really like to find a small "close-knit" group of people that I can get along with and we can have some fun together. I can be kinda quiet and shy until I get to know people, (not that you’d tell that from my videos), but I open up quickly.  I'm a huge lore nut and love stories, so playing solo is okay from time to time too, but I'd at least like to have a group opened up in a discord window on my other monitor to be a part of at the same time, if not within chat window.  

I think my primary objectives to start with will be on working to become a legendary crafter.

That said though, I’m not afraid to jump into the action when needed. 

To wrap up:

It's the friends and since of belonging that I'm longing for.

Are there any active and friendly guilds out there that wouldn't mind having a newbie join up?

I’m in the NA region, EST time zone, USA.

I’m Casually Hardcore – you can expect to see me most every night from approx. 7pm – 11pm/12am.

To begin with I’m looking to work on becoming a top level crafter for a guild.  I like supporting the team.  (While also crafting for myself and decking out my gear lol).

Would be EXTREAMLY loyal and committed.

Looking for mature guild.  (Like I said I’m a 36yo adult.  I want to have friends, hobby, and stress reliever, with no IRL drama due to gameplay.....in game politics is perfectly fine).

Would you like to get a feel for who I am? My personality?

As I stated earlier, I’ve only just started the channel, but you can look for Academy Arcade on YouTube, (might help to enter in “Academy Arcade Unity 3D” in the search bar)…new channel waiting on SEO to kick in.  There you can see my first couple of videos where I'm on camera and talk a lot.  Though I can be shy, this is the real me lol.  I plan to have my first Crowfall video uploaded by tomorrow evening, if you'd like to check that out. 

Thanks for reading my wall of text if you have.  When I decide I’m going to take something seriously I mean it, and I’m looking for the right people.  Here’s looking forward to meeting you.

TLDR; looking for friendly guild that is active, tight-knit, and doesn't mind a newb who's sick of playing mmos solo.

Edited by Xavross
Fixed typo.

Welcome!

Check out Hy'shen Avari [HoA].  Very active guild playing in-game right now.  Also part of probably the strongest alliance right now with guilds such as [SiN], [LoD], and [UDL].  A lot of former Shadowbane players (Crowfall pseudo-predecessor).  Looking to bolster our crafting ranks in particular.

Join the discord and chat.  Feel free to ask questions: https://discord.gg/dTVNmGx

Here are a few helpful resources to get you started:

Database (think wowhead): https://malekai.org/

Crowfall Guilds: https://tinyurl.com/CrowfallGuilds

Stealthed Magazine: https://stealthed.blog/

(Un)Official Crowfall Discord: https://discord.gg/ESr5KPj

Here is a map of the current Campaign World (CW) to help you out:
HaBikrR.png?width=934&height=597

Reach out to @soulein here on the forums or in discord for more information.  See you in game!

2 hours ago, entityofsin said:

Oathsworn is a NA guild. A lot of us are husbands, full time workers, etc. and just want to have fun in a casual environment but also competitive.

Here's the recruit thread for Oathsworn.

Thank you! App submitted. :-) 

@Kirchhoff thank you for the info and helpful links. 

Anyone who thinks I might be a good fit with you please continue to pm me or reply here with your guild information.  I try to chat with and get to know everyone a bit before I join up and would like to speak with as many people as I can.  I've already made some really nice acquaintances and am having fun, however I haven't joined or decided with anyone yet, so please continue to post.  Just trying to find the right group for both myself and others before I commit.  Thank you!