Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello everyone!

I've heard a lot about Crowfall, I remember way back when they first introduced the game and wanted to start a kickstarter for it. I saw you can register for a chance to get a beta key sooo that's why I'm here, otherwise I'll see ya'll when the game launches! 

CY@, Wilder.

See you.

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

To my knowledge, they are not runing a promotion to hand out "Beta Keys". I'm pretty sure that JT Coleman has stated that there would never be "free" or "open" betas. You have to purchase an account to play, each account grants access to different testing levels. This can be a little confusing to some.

The accounts, from whale size to basic bare bones grant access levels from Pre-Alpha One to Beta (1-9 I believe). This has no bearing on the live environment that runs 24/7. The game is currently in a "Pre-Alpha" state. It is actually in a pretty good state. You can siege, craft and PvP in a 3 faction campaign map (though there are currently some latency issues that need to be ironed out). The only thing access levels determine is perks and priority access to the Test Server when they bring it up to test the newest patches/iterations.

They are shooting for a "soft launch" by years end, though I think that is overly optimistic.

When you register on the website, you'll be assigned to a Beta test access group. At some future date (not yet announced), you will get an invite to a beta test based on your group number. So it is a free, invite-only beta.

tiPrpwh.png

14 hours ago, Gummiel said:

well an account will give you access to the "open" beta yes, but to play after release you will need to buy the game (one time payment only though is required) which will be same price as the current patron starter pack

Ohh...this game isn't going to be Free to play? So something like BDO? That's such a bummer...

14 hours ago, Armegeddon said:

To my knowledge, they are not runing a promotion to hand out "Beta Keys". I'm pretty sure that JT Coleman has stated that there would never be "free" or "open" betas. You have to purchase an account to play, each account grants access to different testing levels. This can be a little confusing to some.

The accounts, from whale size to basic bare bones grant access levels from Pre-Alpha One to Beta (1-9 I believe). This has no bearing on the live environment that runs 24/7. The game is currently in a "Pre-Alpha" state. It is actually in a pretty good state. You can siege, craft and PvP in a 3 faction campaign map (though there are currently some latency issues that need to be ironed out). The only thing access levels determine is perks and priority access to the Test Server when they bring it up to test the newest patches/iterations.

They are shooting for a "soft launch" by years end, though I think that is overly optimistic.

Really? The only reason I made an account was because there was a video CrowFall made and they had a link in the description that said click here and signup for the free beta test.

Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtEB8wjYSRk

48 minutes ago, miraluna said:

When you register on the website, you'll be assigned to a Beta test access group. At some future date (not yet announced), you will get an invite to a beta test based on your group number. So it is a free, invite-only beta.

Ahhh okay, sooo this game isn't close to being finished?...I'm a very impatient man, I need a new MMO, all the current ones are just awful garbage and I'm hoping this one will change that and become the great savior of MMO's.

7 minutes ago, Van_Wilder said:

Ahhh okay, sooo this game isn't close to being finished?...I'm a very impatient man, I need a new MMO, all the current ones are just awful garbage and I'm hoping this one will change that and become the great savior of MMO's.

the game is at least 6 months away if not longer.

Crowfall Wiki

16 hours ago, Van_Wilder said:

Game is still in alpha and of course as to be expected still has a lot of bugs. CF team is working to address as many bugs while also adding new systems. However, that said game is definitely playable and a lot of fun.

17 hours ago, drunk said:

the game is at least 6 months away if not longer.

6 months will feel like an eternity to me! But from what I saw in the kickstarter and what I see now the game has really grown, I really hope the end product meets or exceeds what everyone has been saying about this game.

1 hour ago, ZeFx said:

Game is still in alpha and of course as to be expected still has a lot of bugs. CF team is working to address as many bugs while also adding new systems. However, that said game is definitely playable and a lot of fun.

The game does look really fun! The graphics seem awesome and the gameplay seems enjoyable, I can't wait to try it.

Personally, I could wait another year or so for them to finish the game, but patience is one of my strongest virtues, and I want them to actually "finish" the game before claiming some kind of release. I don't care if they hover in beta for a year, at least they'll be honorable in my eyes if they don't sell out on the payment system etc.

I recommend playing Fortnite until Crowfall is finished. I think the PvE just released, it's FTP, and it's got some aspects to it that are very Crowfall-ish.

1 minute ago, PartisanGerm said:

Personally, I could wait another year or so for them to finish the game, but patience is one of my strongest virtues, and I want them to actually "finish" the game before claiming some kind of release. I don't care if they hover in beta for a year, at least they'll be honorable in my eyes if they don't sell out on the payment system etc.

I recommend playing Fortnite until Crowfall is finished. I think the PvE just released, it's FTP, and it's got some aspects to it that are very Crowfall-ish.

You do have a point and I really hope they don't get slumped in like E.A.. I have actually played Fortnite, it's okay but because I started playing PUBG first it just doesn't compare, at least to me. But from what I've seen that CF has shown, the game looks really great and I hope it lives up to those expectations.

On ‎08‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 1:45 PM, Armegeddon said:

The accounts, from whale size to basic bare bones grant access levels from Pre-Alpha One to Beta (1-9 I believe). 

Actually it was Gordon (Executive Producer) who said it in one of the last videos. Here.

Some beta levels are for free, you just need to register an account. But this opportunity will close down soon. After that you will have to buy a pre-sale package (including the game) to test it before launch. There will be no open beta, though (in the meaning that literally anybody would be able to test it at some time).

Last beta level i heard of was beta-11.

Purchasable test-access levels varied from Pre-Alpha-1 to Beta-3. Beta-4+ have been free test access levels, granted by registering a free forum account (the earlier, the better the access-level). 

On ‎09‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 3:52 AM, Van_Wilder said:

Really? The only reason I made an account was because there was a video CrowFall made and they had a link in the description that said click here and signup for the free beta test.

If you recently registered a Crowfall forum account, you got a free beta test access, yes. You can see your test-access-level in your backer rewards list. Those only provide access to the playtests before launch, though. Not to the final game.

On ‎09‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 3:49 AM, Van_Wilder said:

Ohh...this game isn't going to be Free to play? So something like BDO? That's such a bummer...

It's not f2p. It will be buy to play with a retail price of about $50. 

On ‎09‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 9:47 PM, Van_Wilder said:

The game does look really fun! The graphics seem awesome and the gameplay seems enjoyable, I can't wait to try it.

Thats exactely the current problem. It looks TOO good ... compared to the state of development. So people assume there would be more and are sometimes disappointed because they think there would be more. But the game loop isn't closed yet and we are still testing isolated parts of the later game. This should change in the midde of Alpha, which we probably could reach somewhen between summer and fall.