ACE_Jackal

Exploring the Crypt - Official Discussion Thread

This is one of the biggest articles I've seen in awhile.  This type of announcement, allowing the players to have 1 avatar that can move between worlds, is what pushes me to play testing again.

We’re also fixing the different-avatar-for-each-world problem. We’re revisiting the way our universe is structured to allow you to walk seamlessly from one world to the next, with the eventual goal of removing the Lobby completely.

This hopefully answers some questions on vessels being lootable.

Additionally, vessels are only tradeable up until the point they have been equipped once – at that point, they become locked to your account and are no longer treated as an inventory object.

The items within a vessel are still able to be looted (aka like Shadowbane), but the vessel itself once equipped is off limits. :)

Edited by Teufel

These items are not created equally, but are endowed by their creators with certain unalienable attributes, among these being Life (Constitution!), Liberty (Dexterity!) and the pursuit of happiness (uhh, maybe Spirit…?).

:lol:

juicy update

how are advantages and disavantages coming along?

i noticed that 'character/vessel' creation had a 'name' - will people see that or our account name?

so classes are no longer locked to a race vessel then?

e.g. if i picked generic discipline runestones i could have a FAE that i could switch between druid and frostweaver freely?

How will durability work? [assume none....unless related to "beheading" teases]

how will necormancers keep in busines? :P

If some campaigns force you to make 'new' or different chravcters won't that force people to delete up to their slots etc?

Edited by Tinnis

so outside of the dregs - can you waltz into a new campaign world with an entire set of x6 attached disciplines and a level 30 sacrifice XP character? [and possibly a full set of gear too?]

In addition, we may lock particular races inside of Campaigns to a specific Crypt -- so that, for instance, “the only way to bring a Centaur into this world is to find the Crypt of Balu Xal, the fallen Centaur capital city.”

This idea would encourage exploration of the map – and it would give players another strategic location to fight over!

along these lines:

i think you really need to also make a sacrifice fire pit a rare point of interest that will be contested and caravan like as well - like the summoning circle as a physical location for spirit banks (which no longer seems to be planned?)

i also think you need to revisit the "free deletion of inventory objects" e.g. either make it so items drop as doobers for a time - or make it so people can only "delete" gear at a set location e.g. either a chest or sacrifice area

Edited by Tinnis

Crypt coming in 5.5? :D

Awesome update, can’t wait to be able switch between my Fae and Elken vessels, and not have to carry around a spare vessel in my inventory/bank.

How will this tie into Advantages and Disadvantages?

I assume that when you put a vessel in the Crypt, it’ll save all equiped Disciplines (and powers loaded out in their respective trays)?

Obligatory “Fae when? :P“ because I forgot what else I wanted to say :P

while "race only" worlds sound fun i could see that annoying some players against skill training choices [esp non VIP]

e.g. i am a "HUMAN" trained account......but this is an ELF vs MONSTER world.... oh  and no DIVINE mages allowed either that i also trained..... okay.... ;p

Edited by Tinnis

THE CRYPT (AND THE RETURN OF CHARACTER SLOTS)

We’ve come back around to the idea of giving each account a limited number of “character slots”.

Many months ago you offered all Kickstarter Backer's a $10.00 store credit to exchange their character slots in since they were no longer valid or in the scope of the game.  Does this mean previous KS backers can buy the expanded character slots again for $10.00 and will this be opened up to the general public (non KS backers)?

Edit: 
You may notice there is a max number of vessels the player can have. We are allowing all players to have access to 6 slots as a baseline. You may also notice 3 locked slots which were available for Kickstarter packages that were Silver and higher. For those who missed the Kickstarter opportunity or didn’t get all 3 extra slots, don’t worry we will offer them in the store.

Edited by Weebles
I didn't read the full article before posting....

Very nice guys!    This is how I envisioned this working since vessels were announced.

And Jefferson borrowed that phrase from John Locke except it was originally more Crowfall appropriate...

" I play Crowfall for the pursuit of Life (of a no life gamer), Liberty (from stifling theme park linear leveling), and the pursuit of property (other players stuff)!

Edited by Frykka

do you still have to asign your character to export at all e.g. is there a  possibility of losing the character if you dont at the end of world?

I am totally indifferent to this system. 

Feels like an added layer of "optional" complication/simplification (depending on your viewpoint) to simply satisfy people who can't mentally make a connection with a random vessel. I don't see how adding 9 potential character slots somehow increases this attachment. Nor do I find the stated goal, one worthy of your development time and resources.

Does this solution really solve the problem? Are there any players here who felt dis-attached from their "character" because they didn't have character slots? Does this solve the problem for you? You realize its an illusion right? The same system exists in the background, at best you have a quick-choice loadout tool now. 

<shrug>

We’re revisiting the way our universe is structured to allow you to walk seamlessly from one world to the next, with the eventual goal of removing the Lobby completely.

I really like the sound of this. I'd much rather travel between Campaigns and the Eternal Kingdoms within the game than to do it from a Lobby.

Ban_Portals.png

Edited by Jah

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

I really like the sound of this. I'd much rather travel between Campaigns and the Eternal Kingdoms within the game than to do it from a Lobby.

Ban_Portals.png

I agree. It will make it feel much more like a universe than a lobby game. 

I can't overstate how cool it will be to make a single vessel and use it to travel between worlds in-game, without logging out to the lobby screen and making a new vessel. It's going to make a huge difference for the immersiveness and intuitiveness of the game.

Imagine us a year from now telling new players: "Yeah you used to not have that portal there. To visit your EK you'd have to log out, pick a new world in a lobby, then make a whole new vessel from scratch." They'll think we're joking. It's one of those ideas that's so obvious (in hindsight), it'll be hard to imagine that things ever worked any other way.

In fact I'm pretty sure someone suggested something similar when vessels were first announced. Although obviously bringing that idea to life, with all the annoying technicalities like handling campaign imports, is far harder than simply proposing it.

Edited by Avloren