Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

Exploring the Crypt - Official Discussion Thread

One of the best updates I've seen. I love the concept (I was initially down on the vessel idea). The reintroduction of slots meshed with the addition of vessels as a customizable part of your character is a great thing. The more specialization the better! Hi-5 ACE!

That being said....

Decay/Reapir on vessels?

When the hell can I get a Stoneborn!?

This brings up more questions than it provides answers.

So once you bind a vessel to a character slot, you can't lose that character (no decay, no drop, etc)? Won't that put a damper on the necromancy crafting skill since the items they are crafting won't decay/be lost unless someone chooses to delete it?

What all is saved with this vessel (I assume just the sacrifice level and disciplines, but is that all)? Do they have their own inventories? There appears to be some sort of level listed in the screenshot for character selection. Is that from the sacrifice system?

You mention that players can just pick a character and stick with that... does that mean they'll be at a disadvantage to someone who actually gets better vessels? If that's the case, then the "problem" of people not feeling attached to their characters isn't really solved because they'll be forced to create new characters as they obtain better vessels. Is there any way to upgrade a character with a new vessel (that wouldn't make any sense lore wise, but it's the only way I can see for someone to be able to stick with a character without being underpowered)? 

Character switching can only be done in Crypts? I actually really like that change. I didn't like the idea of people carrying around a bunch of vessels and swapping on the fly. Excited for this!

How is this going to work with campaigns exactly? You mention enforcing limits like level limits... but that means someone who has a bunch of maxed characters has to delete one just to join a new campaign? And those people you are trying to cater to that want to stick to one character... they will be very limited in what campaigns they can even take that character into, forcing them to do what they don't want to do and create new characters?

I'm worried this system is an over-complication of something that should be really simple.

Guild Leader of Seeds of War

Please give us crypts in player cities.

The more tedious you make swapping characters/vessels the less valuable being able to train multiple races/classes with VIP will be and the more convenient it will be to just have alt accounts to swap characters/vessels. 

1 hour ago, Weebles said:

THE CRYPT (AND THE RETURN OF CHARACTER SLOTS)

We’ve come back around to the idea of giving each account a limited number of “character slots”.

Many months ago you offered all Kickstarter Backer's a $10.00 store credit to exchange their character slots in since they were no longer valid or in the scope of the game.  Does this mean previous KS backers can buy the expanded character slots again for $10.00 and will this be opened up to the general public (non KS backers)?

Edit: 
You may notice there is a max number of vessels the player can have. We are allowing all players to have access to 6 slots as a baseline. You may also notice 3 locked slots which were available for Kickstarter packages that were Silver and higher. For those who missed the Kickstarter opportunity or didn’t get all 3 extra slots, don’t worry we will offer them in the store.

I think it was more than $10 (was it $25?), but that is a good question. I kept mine because we were told they would find a suitable replacement but didn't know what yet, but if I could have sold them for $25 and they end up on the store for $10 each I'll be a bit sad. On the other hand, if people sold them for $25 and have to buy them back for more that would not be a great move either.

I trust ArtCraft enough to know that whatever happens they'll do their best to make it right with backers, but I am curious as to what the plans are there.

Edited by Svenn

4 minutes ago, Svenn said:

I think it was more than $10 (was it $25?), but that is a good question. I kept mine because we were told they would find a suitable replacement but didn't know what yet, but if I could have sold them for $25 and they end up on the store for $10 each I'll be a bit sad. On the other hand, if people sold them for $25 and have to buy them back for more that would not be a great move either.

I trust ArtCraft enough to know that whatever happens they'll do their best to make it right with backers, but I am curious as to what the plans are there.

I had my pricing wrong, it was a $25.00 store credit that was offered for that backer reward.  It was confirmed by @Jah on the CF Discord.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

It's a very interesting update, but so very.... vague.  I understand the basic design ideas you're trying to incorporate, but this infodrop lacked the detail to even start discussing the implications.

I'm still hungry.

Nazdar

Proud member of The Hunger

29 minutes ago, Weebles said:

I had my pricing wrong, it was a $25.00 store credit that was offered for that backer reward.  It was confirmed by @Jah on the CF Discord.

I hope they offer a limited time $25 repurchase, since many of us cashed in the character slots after the crow system was announced.

rSHxVEY.gif

5 minutes ago, ren said:

I hope they offer a limited time $25 repurchase, since many of us cashed in the character slots after the crow system was announced.

I doubt it would be a limited time thing. There is no reason to prevent people from buying those slots.

IhhQKY6.gif

Tread lightly with how much complexity you add to this.  I would hate to see the fun of the game get over shadowed by the tediousness of having to find a special crypt just so I can use my favorite character.  Also, while the race locking campaigns is a cool idea, you might spread the population fairly thin between the different game modes.  I know for a fact I will never play race locked campaigns because I like to be able to use everything I have and not be restricted by the game.  Cool update though, I like the character slot part :) and the seamless transition between worlds.

Formerly known as - AmazingTacoBurito

20 minutes ago, Jah said:

I doubt it would be a limited time thing. There is no reason to prevent people from buying those slots.

Which is a good thing. Not having character slots was a lost source of revenue. I think it also makes data storage less of a headache since people will have a limited number of characters. 

I like the idea of waltzing across the worlds sure.. But, You essentially are making necromancy useless. You make the body and then one and done.

Waste of training ....Painful to hear.. I really am disturbed by this change and was really looking forward to necromancy and stitching bodies together .

34 minutes ago, Joyeuse said:

Tread lightly with how much complexity you add to this.  I would hate to see the fun of the game get over shadowed by the tediousness of having to find a special crypt just so I can use my favorite character.  Also, while the race locking campaigns is a cool idea, you might spread the population fairly thin between the different game modes.

This part has always been the goal even for the current temple implementation we have currently

25 minutes ago, dolmar said:

I like the idea of waltzing across the worlds sure.. But, You essentially are making necromancy useless. You make the body and then one and done.

Waste of training ....Painful to hear.. I really am disturbed by this change and was really looking forward to necromancy and stitching bodies together .

You are going to want a better Vessel.

IhhQKY6.gif

4 minutes ago, Jah said:

You are going to want a better Vessel.

Until you get a top end vessel. And then it never decays or goes away unless you destroy it. It's the same issue with crafting in most other MMOs, and one of the big things that Todd has gone on about is how you need that decay and cycling of items. If Necromancy makes vessels only and vessels don't decay/get destroyed then being a necromancer will be the worst possible crafting profession as there will be very little turnover.

1 minute ago, Svenn said:

If Necromancy makes vessels only and vessels don't decay/get destroyed then being a necromancer will be the worst possible crafting profession as there will be very little turnover.

Yep. There is an issue there, and I imagine ACE is thinking about it.

IhhQKY6.gif

What about disciplines?
If a vessel once equipped is no more an item, you can not replace a discipline with an other.
Meanwhile, if you never equipped a vessel, a discipline attached to the vessel is replaced only before being ever used.

I'm quite confused, am I wrong?

Edited by RikForFun

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

7 minutes ago, moneda said:

That hasn't been confirmed yet. 

No, but it's heavily implied.

"This means that players who want to play a single character in the Crowfall® universe -- and not jump between multiple incarnations like a shapechanger – will be able to do that."

Not to mention the fact that it ceases to be an item at that point.

Also, if vessels don't decay... do Disciplines? Since Disciplines are tied to vessels the idea was that you'd need to get new ones when your vessel eventually decayed. That could mess up discipline crafting as well.

Edited by Svenn