Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Squidbillies

Why I am extremely dissapointed (waste of money)

To everyone: The whole point of this post was to get everyone to laugh at myself and express frustration, so the "toxic" responses were expected, and the genuine responses were very appreciated. Yes I did read up on the game before I bought it. Read up on pre-alpha and the similar phrases (which to my limited knowledge sounded very similar), but at the end of the day all the youtube videos, reddit posts, and forum posts make it seem like a "game" more than the "test-environment" that y'all say it is. So this is where the frustration comes from. Its like when the seller and marketing team sells you a 500$ beater and makes it sound like a lamborghini. You get the car super stoked then realize  you gotta put in your own time and money just to get the damn thing to run! I'll just wait until the game is a lamborghini.

I didn't mean to in any way blame the game for me spending the 50 bucks. Clearly this is my fault (if you think you have to tell me this then you're missing the point of this post). There are ways to avoid this frustration in future players, which I recommended, but I won't be playing until its in more of beta stages when its more of a game, as y'all describe it.

3 hours ago, Badwolfe said:

Lol and Zolaz's post above is a perfect example of the type I was talking about :P

I am a freedom fighter who protects the sovereignty of His alliance within its own borders.  I take that your observation is a little tongue in cheek because I am being lectured about being a bad example by a guy whose name is Badwolfe and has an avatar reaching out to rip people apart.

I didn't chime in yet because I felt this guy was purposefully pushing my toxic post button and also because I just simply feel that very few gamers under 30 even have a clue of what a real game looks like, buy-to-play, figure it out yourself with a few friends instead of a hand-holding quest chain tutorial, and the world being full of thieves, cutthroats, and villains, then discover all the things you have to do to stay ahead of the curve.   Instant gratification is what MOBA games have brought, you can start stomping in PvP within minutes of purchase...   This is not a quality of life issue really, games are better when you are dumped in naked, cold, clueless and hungry because your accomplishment in becoming a competitive player is that much more satisfying.

Also I have 5 more months before I want another warning...

Cheers Squidbillies!  thanks for the laughs

6FUI4Mk.jpg

Sugoi - Senpai

Hey bro I feel ya, I am pretty much dissapointed with what I've seen so far as well...I've just decided to use the game as a training skills simulator...I've tried to pve to moderate sucess, pvp on the other hand is extremely hard...Clerics especially destroy me as Ranger...I cant even scratch them, mind you Im in basic armor and intermediate weapons...but regardless...for the 50 bucks I blew to try this pre-alpha...which is does indeed feel like a pre-alpha...I feel like the odds of this game releasing within a year...maybe 2, are slim...but 50 bucks is 50 bucks...I just hope they dont cash out and can the game before release...and just take the money and run.  I don't hate the game, just had higher hopes for something I'd been following for years.  =)

5 hours ago, LooseCipher said:

Hey bro I feel ya, I am pretty much dissapointed with what I've seen so far as well...I've just decided to use the game as a training skills simulator...I've tried to pve to moderate sucess, pvp on the other hand is extremely hard...Clerics especially destroy me as Ranger...I cant even scratch them, mind you Im in basic armor and intermediate weapons...but regardless...for the 50 bucks I blew to try this pre-alpha...which is does indeed feel like a pre-alpha...I feel like the odds of this game releasing within a year...maybe 2, are slim...but 50 bucks is 50 bucks...I just hope they dont cash out and can the game before release...and just take the money and run.  I don't hate the game, just had higher hopes for something I'd been following for years.  =)

wow... a pre-alpha that feels like a pre-alpha... I am at a loss of word, that is simply preposterous

18 hours ago, Squidbillies said:

The whole point of this post was to get everyone to laugh at myself and express frustration

We can easily reckon the OP is not the first to open such a thread.
This section, which is intended for "General Discussion" about Crowfall, is often misused to point out subjective and bad-argumented opinions about this game and its development.
Obviously persons which spend their money without taking time to consider what they are buying are "too fast" to have concern of other people who are reading this forum. 

I'm not trying to change behaviour of people which appear randomly on a forum, but I care about giving my disapproval on misplaced rants.
There rants (imo) are enough "toxic" to hardly be followed by a"genuine response". 

I feel sorry for the OP, since he had the misfortune to meet other person expressing their own frustration. A bunch of other people who made similar rants should have been in his shoes.
Nevertheless I appreciated some responses not intended to be genuine, which started a general discussion about how such runting are pointless (a discussion off topic on this thread, but more apt to this section).

We are owner of our time, so I'm free to spend it expressing frustration about pointless threads, even knowing they won't end this way.
I'm just glad to had attention  of the community for these few lines. Thanks.

Edited by RikForFun

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

I'm sorry but not understanding what pre-production content to expect from a game or from early access or beta titles in general means that you had no business even looking for this game.

If anything though I hope you can get a refund because I don't want you here complaining.

On 2/11/2018 at 12:06 PM, Squidbillies said:

To everyone: The whole point of this post was to get everyone to laugh at myself and express frustration, so the "toxic" responses were expected, and the genuine responses were very appreciated. Yes I did read up on the game before I bought it. Read up on pre-alpha and the similar phrases (which to my limited knowledge sounded very similar), but at the end of the day all the youtube videos, reddit posts, and forum posts make it seem like a "game" more than the "test-environment" that y'all say it is. So this is where the frustration comes from. Its like when the seller and marketing team sells you a 500$ beater and makes it sound like a lamborghini. You get the car super stoked then realize  you gotta put in your own time and money just to get the damn thing to run! I'll just wait until the game is a lamborghini.

I didn't mean to in any way blame the game for me spending the 50 bucks. Clearly this is my fault (if you think you have to tell me this then you're missing the point of this post). There are ways to avoid this frustration in future players, which I recommended, but I won't be playing until its in more of beta stages when its more of a game, as y'all describe it.

You know what man, I actually know where you're coming from. Maybe you didn't express it in the best way (paragraphs are your friend), but you have a point: words like "alpha" and "beta" get thrown around a lot, every company has their own definition, it's hard to know what to expect. Especially when fans are publicly hyping the game, possibly more than the devs themselves would prefer at this stage of development.

I remember the days when betas were typically unfinished, buggy, still-in-active development products - nowadays we've all come to expect them to be 99% finished marketing demos. Even alpha can refer to a polished, playable experience. Definitions are murky in this industry.

So, as you've figured out the hard way: when Crowfall says "pre-alpha," they mean it. It's not a "game" yet, just a "test." When we get bumped up to full "alpha," it may not be much better, not at first. You should probably wait for them to use the word "beta." See you then.

Well then! I decided to trek through that mess of text, and I was not dissapointed. Not sure if this was serious, trolling, or a joke, but I sure was entertained and had a few laughs.

The big issue I see with today's game development is that the dev company is relying on others to teach people how to play their game.  I hope that once the game goes to a more solid and less changing platform ACE will start with some serious documenting.

Most of us have limited time to play a game or research a game and expecting players to go to Youtube, Reddit, forums, other sources is for many just too much.  For folks that have all day to game, probably not.

We must understand that people have far more avenues to recreation than ever before and most do not have have 4 or 6 hours a night to play let alone search countless sites for information, much of that information being out of date now.

For those who have played a lot, you have it figured out.  You are here for the long haul.  The game needs all the players it can get.  This new player feedback is essential for game success at launch.

It is unfortunate that so many continue to take shots at the guy.  Most of those comments are less valuable or most have zero value than OP.   Just because you disagree does not make him wrong and you right.

Thanks to the few people that actually attempted to explain what is going on.  You folks are very valuable.