Sign in to follow this  
makkon

Myrmidon big boom?

"I really want other feel my pain...." - ideal tooltip for this skill I suggesting as "futures" for basic kit mechanic or as discipline addition to this class.

If myrmidon die from berserker crash - he will explodes with X % of amount of this crash damage.

the mechanic can be modificated to anything you like - deploying corpse bomb (like druid corpse) with all myrmidon pain inside, instant meat spilling with X damage around Y meteres etc etc

what do you think?

Fatal Fury

Minor Discipline - Myrmidon Only

Grants passive: Fatal Fury (Melee Tray)

If you take fatal damage from your own Berserker Crash, lash out in all directions with a series of ten furious blows over five seconds. Each strike may hit up to five targets, knocking them back and dealing 50% of the crash damage + 200% weapon damage. At the end of this attack, you die, and can not be resurrected.

Edited by PopeUrban

I actually kind of like that idea, should deal a lot of dmg though to be worth it probably since it does take yourself out of the fight as well

I split the damage in half and made it a knockback specifically because you can build a MASSIVE amount of damage with Berserker just by running in to the enemy. Dealing it all in a oneshot bomb would be totally overpowered for what is essentially a risk-free "naked charge"

Half that damage is still significant, but probably not enough to kill most full HP targets in one hit, and not too much of an easy win in a 1v1 fight.

The weapon damage component is there both to make sure this damage has a damage type (your weapon's current damage type) and to make using the passive with something that actually breaks more efficient than just running in to a buncha people ungeared. (The idea is that it wouldn't function without a weapon) It still allows you to make desparate naked charges with it, but ensures you can't make REPEATED naked charges over and over in a siege situation without having to use a ton of bank space storing replacement weapons or stopping to craft a basic now and then at least.

The knockback is there specifically to prevent most targets from taking more than one hit UNLESS you can skillfully position yourself to pin someone to a wall or other terrain feature with it. That's a bit of positional strategy and counterplay that I think is important to an ability that literally kills you, and is a bit more interesting than just "dive in there and blow up a bunch of people"

The idea here is that you know you're about to di and look for the closest opportunity to "pin" someone with it, or knock a buncha dudes of a wall, or otherwise use it strategically. The whole thing should make people TERRIFIED of seeing a nearly dead myrm charging them on narrow bridges or in harrow hallways and caves, which is ideally where you don't want to be when faced with a suicidal rage fueled maniac.

Edited by PopeUrban

@PopeUrban

I did not like oneshots (in 5.4 myrmidon able to get 5k+ damage from crash even under taste for blood buff which decrease crash damage)

If ACE decided to remove oneshots from game - I would like to see hard cap of this to 2k damage up to 3 targets

if ACE wont remove or limit on oneshots - it can be 50% of crash damage up to 5-6 targets

I reaaly does not understand why this future is druid based. myrmidon is much better suited to this skill. this is about passive basic kit mechanic on death.

but I better would like to see real myrmidon based discipline which add something to basic kit. for example, passive, which are auto activated 1 times per 45 seconds and did 7m range aoe damage which are splitted between 3 max targets and did 75% of crash damage if myrmidon failed to avoid it.

Edited by makkon

You could make the rune have an extra effect.

If you die from Crash damage take no durability, your corpse explodes and is therefore not lootable and not resurectable. You must  use the 'tow truck'!

I wouldn't add any animations such as melee strikes, just literally make the players size go up and up and then explode..maybe some red flashes :)

You know what guys explode on death we can dream about but for right now this could exist in the game with current skills a lot quicker and more balanced for testing purposes.

Right here goes:

Myrm has BESERK

Minotaur has BLOODLUST or whatever it is called right!

Myrm takes 100% of the damage healed if they fail the crash.

Minotaur racial takes 50% of the damage that was healed as a 8 second DOT.

What if the Rune worked as follows:

Myrm Only

##BLEED WITH ME BROTHERS###

Failing to 100% mitigate crash damage causes an explosion of blood. (Range X)

ALL players and creatures hit are inflicted with BLOODLUST (Crash) and SHARE 50% of the damage that was healed (and not mitigated) as an 8 second DOT.

Myrmidons are immune to this effect from other players. (This prevents a Myrmidon Multiplication Bomb)

#######################

The "(and not mitigated)" part is important as is the failing to 100% mitigate.  As pointed out earlier there are some slight mitigation mechanics to be factored in otherwise you might be basically printing damage.

#######################

So two things happen with a rune/ability change like this. If you choose to CC the Myrmidon you better get out of the way if you make him fail his crash or you will share the pain!

So that is a gameplay increase for the none Myrmidon player.

And the second thing is the Myrmidon player can choose to perhaps only partly mitigate if he suspects his enemy will ultimately be at lower health then him after the 'failed' crash.

So his gameplay becomes play like a tank or play like a suicidal berserker :P

########################

Finally you could say what about the sucky player than just always misses hitting his crash? Well he might as well take crash immunity off his action bar and roll the dice and see who wins.

Edited by Kurtizzle
typos