Unfolded

Guards in Keeps?

Recommended Posts

Please put guards in keeps. The current meta is cancer with duelists/assassins/wood elves inside of Ganelon, Archenstone, and Navarre. You just sit in the keep until someone comes and attack them.

Please put guards in the keeps. Why are keeps less secure than forts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, makkon said:

any reason since they can be killed through textures?

I do not understand your question. Is it directed at me?

The reason I want this is safety. Why should crafters be in a keep without guards rather than a fort with guards? No point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The format is odd where Keeps have less 'security' then forts. I'd be happy if they eventually made Keep guards hippos where if a group wanted them on the main floor then pay for them with coins in a hopper boom you have guards till they are killed. 

I think forcing cost and effort is a good trade ... considering there is none now in the Fort configurations 

 

Edited by Anhrez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Unfolded said:

I do not understand your question. Is it directed at me?

The reason I want this is safety. Why should crafters be in a keep without guards rather than a fort with guards? No point.

most of "gankers" abusing current bugs (through textures jumps and through textures hits) so guard wont help you much. so I asked, does it make sense to put inside guards if you still get killed through textures?

ps. as I know, most of ppl doing craft inside their EK's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, makkon said:

most of "gankers" abusing current bugs (through textures jumps and through textures hits) so guard wont help you much. so I asked, does it make sense to put inside guards if you still get killed through textures?

ps. as I know, most of ppl doing craft inside their EK's

I'm not sure what you mean by Texture jumps and texture hits. Maybe you guys have a different language or know more about the backend than I do. However, wood elves, duelists, assassins, confessors can blink through walls/gates. I don't care about that, but why have crafting stations in the worst guarded area in the keep? Makes no sense. I like Anhrez's idea of being able to buy guards to slot them places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Unfolded said:

Please put guards in keeps. The current meta is cancer with duelists/assassins/wood elves inside of Ganelon, Archenstone, and Navarre. You just sit in the keep until someone comes and attack them.

Please put guards in the keeps. Why are keeps less secure than forts?

This is a pvp game. You don’t get to be safe 100 percent of the time. The guy in question that died has admitted himself that he doesn’t have the skills to defend himself. That’s his problem and the rest of us shouldn’t be punished for that. 

 

You had players afterwards standing guard and scouting. Players working together happened, just like it was intended. 

Edited by Tark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, makkon said:

most of "gankers" abusing current bugs (through textures jumps and through textures hits) so guard wont help you much. so I asked, does it make sense to put inside guards if you still get killed through textures?

ps. as I know, most of ppl doing craft inside their EK's

Don’t let them fool you. They are dying to duelists and it is intended. 

 

If classes are abusing bugs then the fix is to address those bugs. Not add more guards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Anhrez said:

The format is odd where Keeps have less 'security' then forts. I'd be happy if they eventually made Keep guards hippos where if a group wanted them on the main floor then pay for them with coins in a hopper boom you have guards till they are killed. 

I think forcing cost and effort is a good trade ... considering there is none now in the Fort configurations 

 

Then go craft the forts if you think you are safer. Guards are not fun, and never have been fun. This is a niche hardcore pvp game and we need to treat it as such. I got killed in a keep by a class that naturally shouldn’t be able to get in. I didnt get upset because I signed up for pvp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tark said:

Then go craft the forts if you think you are safer. Guards are not fun, and never have been fun. This is a niche hardcore pvp game and we need to treat it as such. I got killed in a keep by a class that naturally shouldn’t be able to get in. I didnt get upset because I signed up for pvp. 

I hate guards coz I can't capture this forts in my prime time solo anymore with myrmidon coz no1 around and all captured by chaos =)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, makkon said:

I hate guards coz I can't capture this forts in my prime time solo anymore with myrmidon coz no1 around and all captured by chaos =)

Run Scarecrow and you can solo cap forts pretty easily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Unfolded said:

duelists/assassins/wood elves

You forgot Confessors can do this too :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Destrin said:

Run Scarecrow and you can solo cap forts pretty easily

nah. I will w8 fixes instead ( linear vision and textures matter for both - NPC and player skills). anyway I got +80% to small cooldown skills from school so I am kinda nerfed :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, makkon said:

nah. I will w8 fixes instead ( linear vision and textures matter for both - NPC and player skills). anyway I got +80% to small cooldown skills from school so I am kinda nerfed :lol:

 

RIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tark said:

Then go craft the forts if you think you are safer. Guards are not fun, and never have been fun. This is a niche hardcore pvp game and we need to treat it as such. I got killed in a keep by a class that naturally shouldn’t be able to get in. I didnt get upset because I signed up for pvp. 

 

I also have been killed the same way ... I am not upset I am talking about game mechanics the developers have partially implemented. Forts have at least one guard within line of sight of each entry of a building with a bench and then huge presence for the benches in the main room, a large difference from in the keeps.  Which is the intended design?  because i sure care more about the devs intended design then your opinion on it.

and you signed up for pvp? by having some other ppl kill another player then drop in a crafted item with your name on it?  lol nice pvp-ing skill there 

 

Edited by Anhrez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do believe that a Keep should have more guards than a fort. I also believe that if you are in a Keep solo with a fat stack of mats you are asking to be ganked and dry looted.  I also believe that getting through walls without breaking them down on multple race/classes is quite stupid.

Edited by Destrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Destrin said:

I do believe that a Keep should have more guards than a fort. I also believe that if you are in a Keep solo with a fat stack of mats you are asking to be ganked and dry looted.  I also believe that getting through walls without breaking them down on multple race/classes is a quite stupid.

I agree no where is 100% safe in a faction campaign except the Beachhead, for me its about consistency in the keep/fort design. Keep costs more the build up, you loose a lot more on the realm bar if you loose it,  and we have not seen what the 'upkeep' cost will be but I would hope/expect that its more. it just feels odd to me that Forts have a higher guard presence the Keeps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the idea of people going into a fort/keep and doing this stealthily. However, the fact is that keeps are less protected than forts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am generally curious whether or not the bane siege window mechanic will prevent or allow wall pass - even on duelists - outside of a declared and active siege window or not.

for forts? fine: free wall pass access at all times. but keeps and bane protection is another question.

Edited by Tinnis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

i am generally curious whether or not the bane siege window mechanic will prevent or allow wall pass - even on duelists - outside of a declared and active siege window or not.

for forts? fine: free wall pass access at all times. but keeps and bane protection is another question.

and my lack of understanding of past games leave me un-aware of the impact of a 'bane' window 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.