Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Got my credit card ready , Few questions first ..

Rackiera

On the live server is there permanent pvp now during standard peak hours ?

Live in Uk so, What's the lag / fps / ping from UK, does it make a big difference, its fine, or not playable ?

Is there passive blocking, another words if a keep's doors go down and 10 tanks stand in a line with healers behind can they hold or can players simply run through them ?

In the current form, appreciate its Alpha, is PVP fun ?, can you play for 3 hours a night if u wanted ?

Is there currently a 'Magey/Sorc' type class available to play ?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Rackiera Atredis.

During the European peak hours, 19:00 till 23:00 hour I would say there is a fair amount of PvP.

Usually there are two servers, Tyranny US-East and Tyranny EU (the current EU server is still based in the US but should move to Europe soon).

I couldn't tell you what the lag/fps/ping is from the UK, I live in Holland and the lag is bearable, my fps around 30 and my ping is ok. Atm the game has some perfomance issues that are being fixed.

About passive blocking: well, I've never seen the ingame situation you describe being tested but yes there is passive blocking, you can't run through players (you can teleport throught them with some race/class combinations)

PvP is fun, if you take the time to learn to play your race/class combo. These are highly customizable with major and minor discipline runes .

There's no sorc type class available, a frostweaver class is in the make. Please look at the different classes on the official website.

Hoping it helped you and maybe see you ingame soon !

I'm quite troubled by the fact your questions seems to imply you expect a nearly finished game.

Crowfall is not at all at this point.

You should expect lag, low ping and servers stopped for days.

All characters, skill progress and items are going to be wiped on some milestone.
Powers and features of a class are going to change frequently (they announced redux for two class on next major patch 5.5: ranger and knight)

We have are not a game to play, but different test and experiment to be done on each patch.

Can't say if it is the right moment for you to spend money.

However welcome in Crowfall. :)

Catelyn: War will make them old, as it did us. I pity them.
Mathis: Why? Look at them. They're young and strong, full of life and laughter. And lust, aye, more lust than they know what to do with. There will be many a bastard bred this night, I promise you. Why pity?
Catelyn: Because it will not last. Because they are the knights of summer, and winter is coming.

A Clash of Kings, Chapter 22, Catelyn II.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crowfall Discord Channels: international (english) - italiano

I would say wait on buying it, its in the testing phases not a complete game.   Unless you really understand its going to be a year or more before its ready and are ok with that.

On the live server is there permanent pvp now during standard peak hours ?
Not really, at most there will be 30 players online. unless a large patch is released, divided by 3 factions so you wont see much action on LIVE server, you can run in a straight line for hours and not see anyone.

Live in Uk so, What's the lag / fps / ping from UK, does it make a big difference, its fine, or not playable ?

also live in UK my ping is about 100 and has a noticeable lag effect but nothing that will effect your testing.

Is there passive blocking, another words if a keep's doors go down and 10 tanks stand in a line with healers behind can they hold or can players simply run through them ? 

no idea on this one.

In the current form, appreciate its Alpha, is PVP fun ?, can you play for 3 hours a night if u wanted ? 

Game is PRE-ALPHA meaning before an ALPHA, as in, its not alpha yet, its more of a tech demo that you can fund/give feedback, if you get 3 hours a week I will congratulate you

Is there currently a 'Magey/Sorc' type class available to play ?

there is one to "test" :)

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Rackiera Atredis.

By all means get behind the game, support it! Im not trying to slate it or put you off but I feel you will be another angry post in the forums about how you were sold you a fake dream.