Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fire, Dust and Blood - Official Discussion Thread

This is Enchanting in the truest form: blades that become unerringly keen, shields unfailingly tough, and arrows that unswervingly punch through metal, wood and bone.

Setting up some expectations of greatness for the enchanting system here guys. ?  

Hi, I'm moneda.

Awsome read ! I like the reference to classical mythology, a bit like Prometheus who gave fire to mankind , the All-Father steals fire from the hydra and the biblical reference "Earth to earth, ashes to ashes, dust to dust". Also "The All-Father (...) He Who sang the Universe Into Being" is very similar to the creation of the Universe in the Silmarillion :)  At least those are my interpretations.

Also great artwork @davegreco , it all come together !

5 minutes ago, moneda said:

Setting up some expectations of greatness for the enchanting system here guys. ?  

Crafter: This ember, remnant of the fire wrenched from great Yaemir himself, will make your blade unerringly keen.

PvPer: Exactly how keen is unerringly keen? Are we talking +20 attack power's worth of keenness, or +30?

Todd sure likes his contradictions :D

Embers of Chaos coming from the Sun, which belongs to the Order God Arkon.

Dust of Order coming from the Moon, which belongs to the Chaos God Kane.

KGV_sig.png

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

49 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Todd sure likes his contradictions :D

Embers of Chaos coming from the Sun, which belongs to the Order God Arkon.

Dust of Order coming from the Moon, which belongs to the Chaos God Kane.

Who better to contain a force of Chaos than an agent of Order? Who better to wrestle with order than an agent of chaos? What's the result? Balance.

Shadowbane - House Avari/Hy'shen
"Gimp elves get good elves killed." - Belina

Avari Discord - https://discord.gg/Bch24PV

Like Ying and Yang, far out dude. Two halves that together complete wholeness. Yin and yang are also the starting point for change. When something is whole, by definition, it’s unchanging and complete. So when you split something into two halves – yin/yang, it upsets the equilibrium of wholeness. Both halves are chasing after each other as they seek a new balance with each other.

all father is a jack-ass. Maybe my bad memory is to fault but i thought of him more of a fair overlord who kept all the others crazy gods on check.

This update made him look like a mindless psycho. I would be okay with it if he had an actual reason to decimate two beings who sound pretty awesome but noooo... Honestly, now he seems to be following the Zeus unreasonable jack-assery path.

The Queen of Wyrms wept for the loss of her mate, of her freedom and of her children. 27 Her tears scattered across the heavens, flooding our lands with a rain that lasted for a thousand-thousand seasons. 28 She drenched our land until the deserts became oceans and the valleys became rivers. 29 And still it rains, for still Lyessa weeps.

Look at that! It is so custard sad! Totally uncalled for.

Edited by BarriaKarl

And the Lord was stoked with anger, for He cannot abide beauty He does not possess.

Book of Creation 2:11

BiYsFK6.png

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"