Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Let the games begin!

Silverback

I got a great taste of the new campaign opening up yesterday when I decided to head out to Mire (from Chaos side) and mine that rare ore. Turns out a couple of guys decided to take my ore and pound on the same node I started. We were all just half naked miners starting out, and since we were both on Chaos, nothing we could do. Competition will he heated when the games begin.

I love it when  you hear "These are our ore" along with a few "F" words.

It turned into a ore greifing night.

It was enjoyable.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

Wait till launch when the big guilds are monopolising the motherlodes :(

I think ACE needs to take a look at the ore / stone node situation and possible have a rethink on how it is currently set up. When this game has more people I think this problem is going to increase dramatically as resources seem to be too low density in terms of land size.

The whole gathering mechanic is one big ticking time bomb

uGlR0Ph.png

Just now, touchmybow said:

well the map needs to be bigger. I know its small right now because only 50 people are logged in at a time but everything is so condensed that it feels like a battleground.

That's why I mentioned density compared to size touchmybow. Even with bigger areas the density of nodes will still need to be increased

uGlR0Ph.png

On 2/16/2018 at 9:42 AM, Silverback said:

I got a great taste of the new campaign opening up yesterday when I decided to head out to Mire (from Chaos side) and mine that rare ore. Turns out a couple of guys decided to take my ore and pound on the same node I started. We were all just half naked miners starting out, and since we were both on Chaos, nothing we could do. Competition will he heated when the games begin.

I love it when  you hear "These are our ore" along with a few "F" words.

It turned into a ore greifing night.

It was enjoyable.

Yeah and when it comes to GvG campaigns it will start wars between guilds.

I see nothing wrong with this sort of social political type of stuff between guilds.

It's going to be very much of "you keep taking our stuff and we don't like that so we're going to stab you in the face until you drop our stuff and then we'll stab your face whenever we see you in the future, but have a great day" while stabbing them in the face anyways cause they're hostile players.

Even in Faction campaigns it will just spark tension between guilds. Very easily could see one guild running up on an ally guild that's in the middle of a fight and just run by not helping them cause the guild that's fighting grieved yours. You just never know when another player or guild is going to be your ally or enemy.

It's going to be a great change of pace from the rest of the MMOs I've played.

Edited by entityofsin

OS_Sig3.png

You folks need to keep in mind that this is still the "pre Alpha" stages. Tyranny map is by no means the final map in regards to size or resource options. With 5.5 there is already a new map with Adventure zones that will have more NPCs and more abundant resources. Prior to Tyranny the main map was Bloodbath which is the definition of a battlegrounds. 2 spawns per faction no safe zones and the size of it was slightly bigger than the beachheads you are seeing now in Tyranny. Combine the facts of a new bigger map with zones with the fact that on launch there will be different campaings going at the same time of different rulesets and I think they will do nicely. Players will have the option of going to the campaign of their or their guilds choice and be able to "spread out" so to say. The bigger guilds/alliances of course will most likely gravitate towards the toughest most pvp active option where as the smaller and/or newer people can have the option of a safer campaign to play in. It will come in time, just not in this stage of early access.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought there will be campaigns where you can fight anyone no faction.  If so, kind of a correctable problem if you have the muscle.   

The only way I see it being an issue is if the gear power level gap from the node you want is massive, because if that's a case once someone gets an early start it would give them a massive edge helping always hold onto it.

Edited by Xomox

It is a correctable problem in the faction servers as well. People acting like dicks can and will and have been blacklisted. Reputation matters. Actions matter. Choices matter. 

I have been an ass often with my complaining in chat over the last year.  I still am paying the price for that, people will run past others in chaos to gank me. Both for my mouthy complaints and because I have the rep of a loot pig. 

So be it. Having people to like and hate is good for the game.