Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
checkyotrack

Wheel Of Time Tv Pilot(And Its Horrible)

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/9/8008387/wheel-of-time-pilot-fxx

This was done and aired without anybody knowing about it. I hope they don't go through with this. Terrible acting. Terrible dialogue. Just utterly terrible.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I wonder how Robert Jordan was even allowed to publish a 10,000 page novel that plagiarizes Moorcock's Wheel of Time series, including The Eternal Champion, his Nemesis and Companions? Maybe he asked for permission?

Was that falchion Dragon picked up at the end an incarnation of Shadowbane?

Edited by chancellor

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

Lol, of course it's horrible.  It has Billy Zane in it!  They deserve to lose their licensing with that cheap ploy that technically doesn't even count because Universal didn't make it.

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com

Watch it to bask in the glory of its suckiness.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

kid said it was right on with the book but there is drama surrounding it being on air see if I can find the link

~Vada~

my previous signature did not contain nudity... words covered the good bits but alas it is gone....

signx50_zps5b5a8244.jpg

This is horrible. These guys are going to muck it up so bad.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I'm pretty sure the company which owns the TV rights to WoT had to put something on air by a certain date, or they'd lose their rights.

Cheap ass %+@!$#?&*^s, why not sell the rights if they're not gonna do anything decent with them anyway...

Member of The BlackHand Order

Let us compare the narrative styles of Robert Jordan to that of mere upstart. Here is an excerpt from The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway:

"They sailed well and the old man soaked his hands in the salt water and tried to keep his head clear." <--- LAME, BORING

Now, let's see that exact same quote "Robert Jordanized":

"They, being men, sailed well in their boats on the water which at that time of day was still quite watery. And the old man, who was old because he had lived for many a longish year, knuckled his forehead and then he took his hands which were located at the ends of his arms, right next to the wrists, and he looked at them and he looked out at the blue sea and then stared back at his hands again. He noticed the wrinkles in them, which looked deep as canyons over a weathered stretch of dry, barren, devoid of water desert -- and he soaked them in the salt water, which is really water but has a salinity of roughly 3.5% and was created by the Bene Gesserit Aes Sedai witches who after tending to their cycles that wound like wheels of time, tidied up their skirts and with the unpleasant person water that was remaining, created the oceans. The old man tried to keep his head clear and devoid of any thoughts but try as he might, he could not shake the memories of Elayne and Min playing nude volleyball against the trolls of Isengard."

Source:http://mirror.uncyc.org/wiki/Robert_Jordan

SWrkfdj.jpg

I tried to watch it the night of. I quit after 5 minutes and I just wanted to cry!

Billy Zane tried SO hard to make a show you'd kinda like okay!  And this is how you repay him?!

3141030628_1_2_mXNc03BF.gif

"Darken the moon and conceal the stars; our Light will never be extinguished." - The Tome of the First Flame

LW_sig_concept_7b_lighter_zpsu0zpsinn.jp

The Lantern Watch - A Crowfall-first guild. Welcome Home. Join us @ http://crowfall.shivtr.com