Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Questions about the game.

LittleGun

Hi! I'm looking into buying the game, but I'm a bit confused about the packages I see. 

Number one, is there a point to buying the game early (other than supporting the developers or testing the game)? 

Number two, does anyone know an official release date for the game? 

Number three, will this game be free to play when it releases? (Freemium is included in this).

Number Four, why do I see buildings and whatnot for real-money purchase, can they be earned in-game? 

Number Five. what's the perk of buying the more expansive starter packs? Do these items give players an unfair in-game advantage (would you say)? 

Number Six, if you buy the more expansive starter packs, will these items carry on to the actual release of the game (beyond the early access of course).

Thanks for the help ;D! 

1 hour ago, LittleGun said:

Hi! I'm looking into buying the game, but I'm a bit confused about the packages I see. 

Number one, is there a point to buying the game early (other than supporting the developers or testing the game)? 

Number two, does anyone know an official release date for the game? 

Number three, will this game be free to play when it releases? (Freemium is included in this).

Number Four, why do I see buildings and whatnot for real-money purchase, can they be earned in-game? 

Number Five. what's the perk of buying the more expansive starter packs? Do these items give players an unfair in-game advantage (would you say)? 

Number Six, if you buy the more expansive starter packs, will these items carry on to the actual release of the game (beyond the early access of course).

Thanks for the help ;D! 

1. Supporting the developers, testing the game, finding a guild/group to play with, learning game mechanics before launch

2. No date announced yet for soft launch

3. Buy to play only, with optional monthly subscription and optional cash shop

4. Buildings and land parcels can be crafted in-game

5. Some packs include monthly subscription time, or buildings/land for your personal housing world, or mount skins

6. Anything you buy now will be available to you at soft launch

tiPrpwh.png

Great thanks, and I was just curious about the starter packages, how some say "include beta access 3, Beta 1 access, etc". Which stage of this is the game in now, when will the next stage start?

Also, are there resets for the servers, are they soft or hard, is there a reset schedule I can view maybe? 

The game is still in pre-alpha (alpha should be starting in the near future), but testers with Beta 3 access or better can play. There are 2 servers, live and test. Live includes testers with Beta 3 access or better. The test server is the first place that new patches go. I'm not sure which groups are able to play on the test server, but I think it's at least up to alpha 2 testers, maybe beta 1 or 2.

You can log into either server at any time (unless they are down for maintenance purposes) and enter the lobby. From the lobby, you can start up your own personal Eternal Kingdom and play there, though there are limited things you can do in the EK. There should also be at least one active campaign on the server (at least on live...test might not have an active campaign at times). The current campaigns are 3 faction based. You choose a faction when you start the campaign and you have to stay in that faction until the campaign ends.

The campaigns will usually get reset once a week. This means that everything on the campaign gets wiped and we start all over again. Forts and keeps that were previously claimed are now up for grabs again. Any resources you collected, any gear you crafted is all gone. The caveat here is that you can place things in your spirit bank. The spirit bank can be accessed from any world on a given server (from your EK or from any campaign, but it isn't shared between Live and Test). So if a campaign is about to end, you can place some stuff into your spirit bank to save it for the next campaign. There is a limit, however. Each campaign has an import and export limit, which you will see at the bottom of the Spirit Bank window, so choose carefully which items you import and export.

There is no schedule for the campaign resets, but like I said, they usually happen once per week, usually on Thursday or Friday.

The game is still very much in testing. Campaign resets don't affect your spirit bank or your skill training, but those things could be wiped as well in the future. They will absolutely both be wiped at soft launch, so whatever you accomplish now WILL be gone at soft launch. The devs are pushing for soft launch by the end of the year, but it's still too far out to really but sure when it will happen.

The game will cost $50 at launch and the cheapest package costs $50 now, so there's no monetary savings by waiting. Like miraluna said, getting in now will enable you to learn the game and connect with a guild, and that will give you a leg up on players who start at launch.

Super, also what does VIP membership include? I couldn't find a precise rundown of what it gives.

Also is there any statistic I can look up for how many people actively play the game on what server? 

Thanks ;D