Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

imagine this failing...

Overdhose

original image

hurray.png

bach you just lose 4 parcels of land, the equivalent of about 20k of non basic resources roughly estimated (in 5.4), no biggy right...

just need to start gathering again...

Edited by Overdhose

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

What is in your crafting window is only 600 each of nonbasic ore, wood, and stone total cost. (1800 total)

You can't actually lose any of it by failing.

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

16 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

What is in your crafting window is only 600 each of nonbasic ore, wood, and stone total cost. (1800 total)

You can't actually lose any of it by failing.

I gave an estimate of what it would make to recover all land parcels if it fails... if you think those 3 individual parcels can be made from 1800 resources you should redo your math. And it's only 1500 (5 earth), not counting previous upgrades, I don't have a Hamlet from the get go, not many newer players will either.

Edited by Overdhose

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

Ah yep, I was missing a zero in the earth calc. It's actually 6000 each, or 18000 total.

Still, you're not supposed to lose things by failing any more since 5.4 came out. If you've lost parcels I'd bug report that.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

3 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Ah yep, I was missing a zero in the earth calc. It's actually 6000 each, or 18000 total.

Still, you're not supposed to lose things by failing any more since 5.4 came out. If you've lost parcels I'd bug report that.

I lost nothing, I just imagined starting from scratch, getting to the point of that specific combine, and then failing the combine, hence the "imagine" title...

I wasn't aware of any combine rules for 5.4 though so thanks for the info.

Yeah, failing is now "flawed assembly" and gives you an item one rarity lower than what you intended, and doesn't let you experiment on it. They said that creating garbage items was a better system because you still might have use for it, or if you don't you can sacrifice it for xp now. Sacrifice basically replaced item failure as the accelerated item sink in crafting so that there's not a "you get nothing" any more and people are more comfortable gambling with even small amounts of high tier materials.

och uch man I understand what you mean, but given there is no salvage atm and given the mats you work with, that is still very much a FAIL to me... and even if you culd salvage, how much would you salvage from a combine like that, if you recover like 100 mats from the 18k, that won't make much difference.

I thought you meant the 2% fail on those combines was diabled for testing or some such.

Anyway good luck to the first crafter that fails the combine and prob gets kicked from guild from it... because currently i see scenarioi's like that happening heh :P

Also, currently parcels don't have operable rarity so its a situation like gathering potions. Failure is literally meaningless, as the lower rarity version is functionally identical to the higher rarity version.

This might change in the future, I don't know, as I have some stuff from KS listed as 'rank 2' parcels, and I know there was talk about upkeep and ranks and other stuff based on how resource parcels are arrayed around cities. I don't know if crafting/rarity interacts with that system, or if its a direct upgrade on already placed parcels outside of the actual crafting loop, or if they're even still committed to that design or if they're just throwing it away.

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, Jah said:

Even if it fails you still get a parcel of the type you were attempting to craft.

that's interesting, but what's a parcel "of the type" exactly? I only craft with poor resources, so the parcels are always lowest quality anyway. Might be a language thing but in the case of parcels that makes it sound like even if it fails it still gives me the same result, unless there is a quality tier under poor, given the relative ease of lower tier resources, that sounds like a niche market heh

10 hours ago, PopeUrban said:

Also, currently parcels don't have operable rarity so its a situation like gathering potions. Failure is literally meaningless, as the lower rarity version is functionally identical to the higher rarity version.

This might change in the future, I don't know, as I have some stuff from KS listed as 'rank 2' parcels, and I know there was talk about upkeep and ranks and other stuff based on how resource parcels are arrayed around cities. I don't know if crafting/rarity interacts with that system, or if its a direct upgrade on already placed parcels outside of the actual crafting loop, or if they're even still committed to that design or if they're just throwing it away.

Okay so that corresponds to what Jah said, so basically if I fail poor quality I get poor quality in return? Yeah I figured parcels would follow similar rules as potions, that's why I only gather poor qual resources to craft them atm.