Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"all minor runestones will drop from npcs" (by "creature type") - e.g. not crafted directly

Tinnis

I always figured they'd be part of the training progression. Like, access to rune tools and minor crafting at the first novice training node, then on to weapon disc components and then into major disc crafting. Strange they'd go this route

231e101d88.jpg

8 minutes ago, Jah said:

Why cut the Rune Crafters out of the loop for Minor Discs?

This is a bit unnerving .... so NPC drop equip-able item?  this was clearly stated as something we would not see in the KickStarter ........

@thomasblair

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

just depends how grindy it is - might encourage trading/barter of minors as a core part of currency alongside gold

[and without gating it to skill training either - so better general access for new or casual players or avoiding "day 0" lack of options etc]

just always assumed you'd get them as 'basic' crafting from a shared pool of resources, so you could somewhat have control over what you are after.

[or alternatively that they could either drop *or* be crafted]

i wonder how much they will be able to tie this in to creature rank as well for more "area specific" hunting too 

[alongside current plan from the sound of it that certain ones would only drop from certain creatures - i just wonder how the bestiary spread of that will cover it etc]

Edited by Tinnis

Just now, Tinnis said:

might encourage trading/barter of minors as a core part of currency alongside gold

I don't see how removing the crafting step helps there. We could be trading/bartering the components used to craft the minors just as easily.

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, Jah said:

I don't see how removing the crafting step helps there. We could be trading/bartering the components used to craft the minors just as easily.

because we are all stuck with x10 of the minors we never want lawl ;P

My only fear is that minors become more rare than majors because you can farm a specific thrall for a major but if the minor I want drops randomly off of cats along with 10 other minors I might have a hard time getting the one I want. 

Blazzen <Lords of Death>

YouTube - Twitch - Guild

Been a long time since i clearly stated .... nope don't like any piece of this 

Tool - a commodity ... Discipline Stones are the end game for RuneCrafters and 1/3 of all patterns,  the largest point of consumption with 3 slots, and more likely the most commonly changed as they were assumed the easier to create so less cost has been dropped.

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

so if this was a Combat change we would be saying something about the nerf ??? As I suck at combat I rarely use the term but here I go ......

Boooooo .... Nerf to RuneCrafting -_-

LR0tCJt.png

5 minutes ago, Jah said:

Right the 'barter' is the captured thrall in the ThrallPokeBall .... 

LR0tCJt.png

It would be good if "logging" (which is a major) would become a minor and drop from a lvl 9 spruce. That the minor had a connection to the item it dropped from. Combat related would go to npc mobs types, but 'thorns' would be connected to harvesting. 

They could also make all runes in minor abilities, so minor axe mastery compared to a crafted major axe mastery.

Obsidian-ForumSignature.jpg

but if it was the case that an advanced runemaking *could* still ALSO make minors, that would be slightly different (and resolve the "targeting" issue of going after a very specific stone)

[with "random drops" still be accessible to "all"]

Edited by Tinnis

1 minute ago, Tinnis said:

gating minors behind advanced runecrafting would also be an accessibility issue tho IMO

If that is the reason then they could be Basic or Intermediate recipes.

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, Tinnis said:

gating minors behind advanced runecrafting would also be an accessibility issue tho IMO

I guess ... but Minors are not required they are add on to customize the toon. For me its an arbitrary 'exception'  and with a single choice breaks the cardinal rule stated since KickStarter

Gather, Refine , Craft 

We don't let ppl equip Ore , or just a Weapon hilt, we don't let ppl equip Hide or a Singe Hide Square 

LR0tCJt.png

Just now, Anhrez said:

I guess ... but Minors are not required they are add on to customize the toon. For me its an arbitrary 'exception'  and with a single choice breaks the cardinal rule stated since KickStarter

Gather, Refine , Craft 

We don't let ppl equip Ore , or just a Weapon hilt, we don't let ppl equip Hide or a Singe Hide Square 

There may be cons against this idea, but there are also some pros - we all saw countless noobs recently hamstrung because they had no training and could not craft non-basic gear and runetools, both of these being gates to more advances resources and items. Some minors assist with this gating - The Reaper, the dust-drop increaser etc - given that non-crafted minors will be useless without the crafted Vessels, I see it as a fair exchange and am not concerned about cutting into a crafter's business overly much.

there are about ~45 minor stones on malekai i find, maybe mentally spread that our over the 9 beastary entries (10 if you included wolves that have been shown but dont have a section there)

<shrug>

maths isn't exactly too bad once you learn the drop systems etc ;p

Edited by Tinnis