Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

(5.5) Why would I ever equip the mail proficiency minor?

PopeUrban

Title basically.

Assuming the plan is still that any class could take the mail or plate proficiency minors, I'm having a hard time seeing a situation in which anyone willing to devote a minor slot for armor proficiency would choose what is now a clearly inferior option.

In the past armors had different resist profiles, or conferred penalties to various other stats, but the current version is that mail is a stright upgrade compared to leather, and plate is a stright upgrade compared to mail.

Considering that mail and plate are both made by the same crafting skill, and the minors require the same single minor slot, where is the incentive to choose the mail minor over the plate minor?

This seems to leave mail as only really usable by native wearers who need all three minor slots for something else unless there's some sort of additional cost (equipping a passive skill or something) for the plate disc.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Well... As a leather wearer the resists are pretty crap so it's either wear something defensive or get blown up super fast.  Right now, if i could sport a chain chest.. i would.. the defenses are way better and they are much much cheaper to make.

As a leather wearer.. you can not just slot the plate minor.. you need to have the chain minor equipped first.  So you can sacrifice TWO minor slots for plate, or one for mail. 

Edited by Destrin

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

Ah, so the plate minor requires the chain as a prereq?

That's the cost I was looking for.

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

Doesn't Universal Mail minor give +Support power though? I thought that was a benefit of wearing Mail armor say for Clerics?

4 minutes ago, RNG said:

Doesn't Universal Mail minor give +Support power though? I thought that was a benefit of wearing Mail armor say for Clerics?

The chain Gloves, Helm, and Boots give +dmg modifier and +healing modifier and +Health.  The leather Gloves, Helm, and Boots twice as much healing and dmg mod as the chain but no health.  The plate Gloves Helm and Boots only give +health.

You can add a multitude of the other stats to any of these pieces with the right material combinations.

"Float like a Butterfly.... Sting like a Misplaced Decimal Point" - Xarrayne 2018

YouTube Channel

25 minutes ago, RNG said:

The "matching" set of minor discs give support power, but there's one for all armor types. Same with "uniform" for AP

Gotcha, so if I am reading it correctly, if you were a leather only class you would have to waste 2 minor slots on Mail+Plate minors to even wear plate. But in its current state, seems like that is not something beneficial to do.

Depends on how you want to build your character. Wearing plate increases survivability. Depending on what your "job" is inside Crowfall, you might find that extremely useful.