Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Soft launch

LegionXIX

Does any one know if they have a soft launch date yet ??? I don't like playing before Wipes i feel i burn myself out playing just for it to wipe then have to start over.

Pure wild unofficial guess right now would be a year, maybe a little less depending on what you expect to see in it. But given the current state of the game it's pretty safe to say it won't be any of the coming months. 

Dear ace, it was wrong of me to feel scammed, as time goes by, I realize that more and more. Thank you for letting me sell my account!

-a very satisfied customer-

I expect 9 months to a year, really no need to rush Camelot is longer off (and I think Camelot will be a dud).  Better to do it right release when its in a good spot.

Sure have made solid progress since i tested 10 or so months back, another 10 months if they keep moving along at the current pace and we have ourselves a new MMO to play.  

The campaign models should really help with the soft release, start with one or two campaigns, build on that.

when it's announced, i'm sure they'll post a kickstarter update, post it on twitter, mmorpg.com will have it as well as it being posted on the main cf news and as a apost on the forums. not to mention an email will be sent.  then someone will post it on reddit.

Edited by jetah

etDenA9.png
Camaraderie ~ Loyalty ~ Honor ~ Maturity ~ Integrity ~ Duty

We're shooting for soft launch later this year. At this time, we're not able to give a definitive date since we need to see how each successive testing phase goes. I should also mention that we don't have plans for an open beta, but rather a free beta (again, later this year, time TBD). To participate, people need to register an account on our website. 

Open beta would be more like a server stress test where you say "hey everyone in the world, c'mon in and play!" and the servers crash :P

Crowfall is doing a free, invite only beta (for website registrants). This way they can invite players in waves based on their access groups and it's a better experience. Tyrant did say that you will have to sign up prior to the free testing period to be invited.

tiPrpwh.png

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎22‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 9:39 PM, Impius said:

How is free different from open? A cutoff time for prior registration maybe?

Open is open to anybody. A few weeks ago executive producer Gordon Walton stressed out, that Crowfall won't have an open beta. You would need to have bought the game or registered and account on the forums before the every-forum-registrant-gets-a-free-beta-test-access-level promotion runs out ... which is meant to happen soon. So participation will be restricted and not "open".