Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Combining Fort pieces

Devonic

Good Day

I was just wondering if a person has two fort lodges and the wall (and stuff) or two people in the guild has forts.  

1. Can they be combined so both set of walls are put together; and

2. Can two fort lodges be in the same set of fort walls?  or

3. Can a Fort lodge be set somewhere without walls.

Been unable to place my fort, having issues finding the place I can put it on the shire parcel.

4. Do I have to clear the trees first?

Thank You

28 minutes ago, Devonic said:

Good Day

I was just wondering if a person has two fort lodges and the wall (and stuff) or two people in the guild has forts.  

1. Can they be combined so both set of walls are put together; and

2. Can two fort lodges be in the same set of fort walls?  or

3. Can a Fort lodge be set somewhere without walls.

Been unable to place my fort, having issues finding the place I can put it on the shire parcel.

4. Do I have to clear the trees first?

Thank You

Welcome to the forums.

1 You can freely combine your walls with those of other people. Theoretically. Currently you can use walls only in your own EK (so there is no way to combine them yet). But once building rights are implemented, you will be able to, for example, freely connect your walls to walls of other people.

2. The only restriction to place stronghold centerpiece buildings (like the fort lodge, the keep greathall or the castle throneroom) is the maximum slots for buildings of this size on the regarding parcel ... and the collision detection of course. The same is true for the walls. Currently every parcel has all building size slots set to 99. This will change later. So maybe (in the final game) a shire parcel (which is the one for the fort) will only allow to place 1 huge centerpiece. We don't know the max slots for the final game. Currently you can (theoretically, see below) place as many lodges on a parcel as you want to, up to 99.

3. It simply doesnt matter if you place a centerpiece building within walls or outside of them. That's just a question of what you like more and if you have enough walls (and wether the parcel have enough wall slots) to suirround them.

4. In 5.4 there is a bug that allows to place a fort lodge only on a very spots on a parcel (my suggestion: don't try, just wait until it gets fixed). It's a new bug with the current test build and not intended. We were able to place lodges freely and we will be able to do so again. It is not necessary to chop trees and remove stones (and it wont help). This will (once it works again) happen automatically if you place a fort. Trees, stones and such will reappear, when you remove the building.

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

28 minutes ago, Kraahk said:

Welcome to the forums.

1 You can freely combine your walls with those of other people. Theoretically. Currently you can use walls only in your own EK (so there is no way to combine them yet). But once building rights are implemented, you will be able to, for example, freely connect your walls to walls of other people.

2. The only restriction to place stronghold centerpiece buildings (like the fort lodge, the keep greathall or the castle throneroom) is the maximum slots for buildings of this size on the regarding parcel ... and the collision detection of course. The same is true for the walls. Currently every parcel has all building size slots set to 99. This will change later. So maybe (in the final game) a shire parcel (which is the one for the fort) will only allow to place 1 huge centerpiece. We don't know the max slots for the final game. Currently you can (theoretically, see below) place as many lodges on a parcel as you want to, up to 99.

3. It simply doesnt matter if you place a centerpiece building within walls or outside of them. That's just a question of what you like more and if you have enough walls (and wether the parcel have enough wall slots) to suirround them.

4. In 5.4 there is a bug that allows to place a fort lodge only on a very spots on a parcel (my suggestion: don't try, just wait until it gets fixed). It's a new bug with the current test build and not intended. We were able to place lodges freely and we will be able to do so again. It is not necessary to chop trees and remove stones (and it wont help). This will (once it works again) happen automatically if you place a fort. Trees, stones and such will reappear, when you remove the building.

Have fun, good luck

Kraahk

thanks