Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Scorn

The Reaper Ridge Run

Just now, Tinnis said:

tbh it was mainly just funny due to the nature of the 'whats your secret' re the rend bug. always good to find new bugs! :P

There's a Rend bug? I thought Champ was pretty much fixed except for the slide on leap

ScornofLife2.jpg

Thanks for posting the video to clarify Sol. It seems anyone who is tray swapping could be exploiting and not know it. I will try to be more aware of it and avoid it if possible. Sometimes you need different buffs in different trays though, so I am not sure how to stop it entirely.

Edited by Mytherceria

Just now, Scorn said:

There's a Rend bug? I thought Champ was pretty much fixed except for the slide on leap

"the bleed stat bug" rather that was present on that person that used rend [...one decimal is wrong.... ;blairmaths; ]

caldera_forum_banner_wings.png

4 minutes ago, Mytherceria said:

Thanks for posting the video to clarify Sol. It seems anyone who is tray swapping could be exploiting and not know it. I will try to be more aware of it and avoid it if possible. Sometimes you need different buffs in different trays though, so I am not sure how to stop it entirely.

Yeah, after today I'm all paranoid but checked other videos and it seems they're dealing with the same issue which is a relief. Seeing plenty of 5-6 passives

@Tinnis
It's actually been uplifting for me to see that the various groups have essentially agreed that use of it is unacceptable as they got knowledge of it.

Edited by Scorn

ScornofLife2.jpg

7 minutes ago, Scorn said:

Yeah, after today I'm all paranoid but checked other videos and it seems they're dealing with the same issue which is a relief. Seeing plenty of 5-6 passives

@Tinnis
It's actually been uplifting for me to see that the various groups have essentially agreed that use of it is unacceptable as they got knowledge of it.

[re:bleed] yea, we are avoiding it and in g v g fights we managed to counter those that did via field surgeon :)

p.s. satisfying group jump on one user [the centuar] that was using the bug at start of a group vs group here....feelsgood man >:)

Edited by Tinnis

Yup yup, one ignorant or innocent person's use is not damning in group fights though it's still messed up and quickly fixed.
It's like people are sitting on potential nukes and nobody wants to actually utilize them. I know what I COULD be doing and I want to try my UTMOST to NOT.

ScornofLife2.jpg

1 hour ago, Mytherceria said:

Edit: According to tinnis can be done tray swapping. Didn't work when I attempted it.

You could still accidentally do it, but it's disappointing and demoralizing to see people play with these bugs in the game either way.

For people that do this on purpose.......hope they enjoy the crutch while it lasts.

Edited by Ussiah
corrected

Winterblades has a policy against PvP exploits.  Beyond the apparent irony in the video, for those of us in -W-, the whole situation is even more ironic in that Scorn is one of the most dedicated testers and reporters of bugs.

It appears this effects any passives that can be placed in the harvest tray.

We certainly aware of the log-in/log-out hijinks that can get you passives from 3+ major disciplines, but were not aware that simply having stuff in harvest tray is carrying over into combat trays.  

Apparently UDL was not aware of this bug either:

Venark:
https://youtu.be/AVxjxqeVGI4?t=71
5 Combat Passives + 1 Harvest (Mental Fortitude, Forest Whispers, Fortuitous Blessing, Sturdy, Overwhelming Odds + Spotting)

https://youtu.be/n9U1ZsVRbNs?t=104
5 Combat Passives + 1 Harvest (Fortuitous Blessings, Overwhelming Odds, Noble Purpose, Sturdy, Slow Growth + Spotting)

Paindotcom:
https://youtu.be/8UrzdVXbs7U
5 Combat Passives + 1 Harvest (Second Wind, Furious, Sturdy, Relentless, Spite + Spotting)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f60TuS1B-s&t=157s

6 Combat Passives  (Second Wind, Uniform Leather, Spite, Sturdy, Relentless, Axemaster Berserker )

----------------

Caldera apparently likewise unaware:

Yumx:
https://youtu.be/TM1MnCFFO7c?t=22

5 Combat Passives +1 Harvest (Taste for Blood, Leadership, Punch Drunk, Glass Cannon, Sword Ward + Spotting)

-----------------
You can also find spotting (harvest passive) in lots of folks videos as active while in combat:

Tinnis:
https://youtu.be/st1u96AlPHU
(assumes demon pact)

Wildone:
https://youtu.be/-f9_DI_suzI

Blazzen:
https://youtu.be/fBx4BF25Va0?t=80
(assumes demon pact)

Phylor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pN6Vf2JRTRQ

Edited by Angelmar

33 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

It is NOT tray swapping which causes this. I am sick and tired of hearing this excuse. We all know what causes it.

if someone can post a video of "tray swapping" giving you anything except spotting then I will change my tune.

But i have NEVER seen this bug caused by anything but the known exploit.

You could still accidentally do it, but it's disappointing and demoralizing to see people play with these bugs in the game either way.

For people that do this on purpose.......hope they enjoy the crutch while it lasts.

i just reproduced it without any additional steps and the stones are all accounted for

gqZnrGV.jpg

3YkYxKM.jpg

Edited by Tinnis

*this* form of this issue is easy to do with out intention or even noticing it on a legit set up build tbh

[the "other one" floating around with retaining bonuses from 'removed stones' is something different....]

Edited by Tinnis

19 minutes ago, Elsa said:

If you spawn into the game with certain runes slotted that provide passives and you have those passives slotted, and then change out to use other runes and slot their passives instead - congrats you're exploiting a bug in the game.

The combat bleed bug is another funny one. It's hilarious to see how prominent champion and ranger is in certain groups in all these videos, dropping those big bleeds all over the place. I suppose keeping up morale is important, winning fights at all costs and such. Will certainly be interesting to see how fights turn out in 5.5 with fixes to this stuff.

1. I didn't do this as explained in a video. I have 2 passives that differ from Survival/Melee Trays which all come from my EQUIPPED Disciplines. 
    I personally have a very strong opinion regarding exploiting bugs I know of so I take these kind of accusations quite seriously.
IF someone wanted to ABUSE the issue you would be  seeing 7-8 combat passives fairly often on them.

2. I've never seen a ridiculous Bleed from a Ranger, but I also have not tested if that issue is actually working on Ranger.
In all my tests it only changed Base Class abilities and not power provided by Disciplines (such as BladeMaster, KnifeGrinder, SharpShooter)

In the game's pre-alpha state it seems a pure fool's errand to intentionally play the game in ways that are unintended.
We have been told certain things are unintended (such as Wood Ellf, Assassin and Confessor teleports going through Walls) so I do not utilize them.

If I come across an issue with how the game works, logically or mechanically, I note it down and send an email with a video or screen shot to Support which explains the bug and how it functions as well as the issues with it to the best of my knowledge.

I do not intentionally participate in ways that would negatively impact other players experience for the sake of my own gratification.

Edited by Scorn

ScornofLife2.jpg

1 hour ago, Elsa said:

If you spawn into the game with certain runes slotted that provide passives and you have those passives slotted, and then change out to use other runes and slot their passives instead - congrats you're exploiting a bug in the game.

I'm sure some people are doing it unknowingly, like the people changing out harvesting passives and such.

The guys with 6+ combat defense/attack passives are almost assuredly exploiting this to great advantage. It's so easy to do and figure out that to suggest ignorance this late into 5.4 is really mind-boggling.

You don't have to do anything intentionally to exploit it. Just having the passive slotted in survival tray is enough to make it work for all trays. Meaning, anyone who is using multiple trays could have the bug by default and not notice. I thought Sol's follow up video explained this quite clearly.

Edited by Mytherceria

4 minutes ago, Tinnis said:

*this* form is this issue is easy to do with out intention or even noticing it on a legit set up build tbh

[the "other one" floating around with retaining bonuses from 'removed stones' is something different....]

Such as having 7-8 passives with 3-4 major discipline passives.

Edited by Scorn

ScornofLife2.jpg

@Tinnis Yeah its not a rend bug because anyone who has a bleed ability and the bleed armor can do insane ticks like that. We got a knight bleed to tick for over 900 damage per tick in intermediates in our EK testing of the bug the other day.

Edited by SoberSoul