Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

retribution question.....

Xpade

So... honestly, oblivious of this skill as it hasn't been something I had to look into.  Anybody able to give a basic explanation of it?   As I plan to craft a lot as a main focus, I want to figure out some of the stats on the armors.  In general, for leather wearers looking to see who it is viable for.   I play a duelist and wasn't sure if it's even possible for me to use if it was tied to a skill or anything.   What about assassin, and other classes? Looking at my options as gathering mass amounts of strong hides are probably not gonna happen.  

Any suggestions for sustainable leather armor suits for duelist are also welcome (off topic yeah).

Retribution returns a % of the damage you take back at the attacker. I.e with 55% retribution, someone hitting you with a LMB for 500 would get hit themselves for 275. It works with DoTs as well iirc

Awesome, thanks.  I see its part of the duelist shield, and you can get it from blade master skill.  Any other options out there or is full cat suits kinda locked into Duelists/BM users.

58 minutes ago, Xpade said:

So... honestly, oblivious of this skill as it hasn't been something I had to look into.  Anybody able to give a basic explanation of it?   As I plan to craft a lot as a main focus, I want to figure out some of the stats on the armors.  In general, for leather wearers looking to see who it is viable for.   I play a duelist and wasn't sure if it's even possible for me to use if it was tied to a skill or anything.   What about assassin, and other classes? Looking at my options as gathering mass amounts of strong hides are probably not gonna happen.  

Any suggestions for sustainable leather armor suits for duelist are also welcome (off topic yeah).

You should really consider joining a guild.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I am in a guild :D  thanks for the suggestion though, guilds are very important for this game yes.  Down side... my guilds spending more time playing live games than testing... i get to do the research and spin them up closer to full release... already have 40+ invested $ wise into the game. 

So Retribution loses power the higher your resists actually are. It is not a direct Reflect but one that takes a percentage of the damage you take and puts it on the enemy.

At low Armor values Retribution is quite powerful but at super high values it's weak. I actually see Thorns becoming useful at high armor values!

ScornofLife2.jpg

10 minutes ago, Scorn said:

So Retribution loses power the higher your resists actually are. It is not a direct Reflect but one that takes a percentage of the damage you take and puts it on the enemy.

At low Armor values Retribution is quite powerful but at super high values it's weak. I actually see Thorns becoming useful at high armor values!

yea previously thorns is "holy damage" - ignores all mitigations and it even cuts right through berserk.

buuuut 10 a hit base, and very limited progression [only on yourself not whole group]. outside knocking people out of stealth it is 'meh'