Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Wolfino

Lack of Guidance

So I went in, started my character, farmed and got all the "basic" gear. I have no clue how to get "dust" to complete the shop's or what you call it. 
The only monsters I ran into are the dogs that easily kill me. I feel like I'm stuck either waiting for timed training or I'm missing something.

A little of guidance built into the game to show you options would be helpful, and if there isn't more other than pvp then maybe add some more content I would love to pvp but I don't see anyone that I can fight I found another town but the "guard" killed me without trouble from on top of a castle wall. I just feel I cant do anything else, and that is a major turn off for the game.

Yeah, since Crowfall is still early in development, the in-game guidance is not strong yet, and lots of content is still under construction.

However, there are a number of videos on youtube that provide info on what to do and how to do it.  Check them out...

Also, asking questions in chat will often get a helpful response.

28 minutes ago, Wolfino said:

So I went in, started my character, farmed and got all the "basic" gear. I have no clue how to get "dust" to complete the shop's or what you call it. 
The only monsters I ran into are the dogs that easily kill me. I feel like I'm stuck either waiting for timed training or I'm missing something.

A little of guidance built into the game to show you options would be helpful, and if there isn't more other than pvp then maybe add some more content I would love to pvp but I don't see anyone that I can fight I found another town but the "guard" killed me without trouble from on top of a castle wall. I just feel I cant do anything else, and that is a major turn off for the game.

yes getting started is hard e.g. micro things re dust etc. try and ask in global game chat, or hop into the forums or unofficial discord / reddit and i'm sure players can help answer your specific questions as they come up.

for dust you'd want to equip a harvest discipline e.g. logger etc and equip its passives and try and harvest resources - e.g. knotwood trees with the discipline increase odds of getting dust - but can drop from anything as well - with other harvest disc options - e.g. rocks/ore or even the easier to kill boars inside your faction safe area.

generally ACE has a more broad brush intro at the moment until they improve it when things are more finalized

e.g.

https://crowfall.com/en/how-to-play/

as well

[also there is a 'video' tab in the game menu - but they have not updated it with all the short intro videos

youtube playlist at the moment

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVKduOhPTRsKqb1g7pa40JtqAXpqDyi6k

Edited by Tinnis