Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quivers/HeartWood Rings/Setting .... Choices

Anhrez

Its me again ... just tossing out Hare-brained ideas to make crafting have more impact for the Combat players therefore making Crafting more fun

In most cases the materials bring something forward .....  Oak Planks adds X versus Spruce Planks and Y ... Copper Bars bring A versus Gold bars bringing B

two BIG gaps we have right now are Quivers and JewelCrafting 

Quivers : 2 Heartwood of the same quality and type ... but the outcome does not change is I use Oak or Birch. All the 'flavor' comes from the arrow heads .. sure the quality gives me extra pips but that is it.

Rings (and assuming necklaces) : The Ore adds to Durability by 'quality' ... so by adding higher level Ore I can hopefully push the pips a bit .. but no real impact Gold/Silver etc

With the shift in 5.4 we have seen more stats added to our basic 'building blocks' ... I would love to see this expanded vision added to A few of the crafted items that have been lagging.

@thomasblair

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

26 minutes ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

Yeah, I didn't really like how the jewelry system works when I went through the testing on them. There are a lot of components that really just don't matter.

right? The effort steps allow quality adjustments (I like that) the Water/Blood is an interesting effort to add a Healing/Damage choice. Just feel like there could be a bit more complexity added 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

13 minutes ago, Anhrez said:

right? The effort steps allow quality adjustments (I like that) the Water/Blood is an interesting effort to add a Healing/Damage choice. Just feel like there could be a bit more complexity added 

Yeah, it is just a bit strange that it felt so limiting. I expected that filling out the table for it would be a mess and then it turned out that it was super vanilla. Made the extra steps annoying rather than interesting because the bonus stat from polishing and even grinding could have been combined into another step.

I'm hoping that some of that is improved along with the stat buff they are giving them in 5.5(at least it is 5.5 I think?).

C4sIZDW.gif

23 minutes ago, Phylor.the.Jester said:

Yeah, it is just a bit strange that it felt so limiting. I expected that filling out the table for it would be a mess and then it turned out that it was super vanilla. Made the extra steps annoying rather than interesting because the bonus stat from polishing and even grinding could have been combined into another step.

I'm hoping that some of that is improved along with the stat buff they are giving them in 5.5(at least it is 5.5 I think?).

stat buff in 5.5 and the addition of 3 cuts for Necklaces for 15 base options? 

LR0tCJt.png

Agree. Right now it feels pointless to have more than one kind of heartwood, and half of the construction steps for jewelcrafting feel similarly pointless.

My other big offender here is Alchemy's "grind resource" option, as it serves an nothing but busywork in all of the alchemy recipies. You could make those recipies simply take the raw stone and save a step, keeping the grind operation intact to maintain the need stoneworking has for it.

Alchemy vials are, similarly, a huge pain, adding yet another pointless feeling step to the crafting of potions that will feel even more pointless once the water vials are required for those recipies in 5.5

Alchemists make all of their potions from start to finish with nothing but 4 stone and 6 materials and require no other outside components to do so. Those potions have zero variable stats or rarity influence but require a total of four separate crafting steps. That is the very definition of pointless busywork. It would only have a purpose as a material loss risk for failure, but since you no longer lose materials for failure it is literally pointless to require these steps.

If ground stone and vials actually stacked to 100 it would make sense as an inventory saving measure, like the way the geomancy recipies work, so that would be a logical fix for the issue as well.

As a rule, it would be nice if we eliminated these kinds of "busywork" crafting steps for self-made components that don't have any stat recipies or experimentation just to streamline the crafting process.

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"