Pann

Getting logged out of the site

We're trying to find the common thread for this issue and could really use your help. 

If you're one of the many people who are getting unexpectedly logged out of the website, please tell us: 
1. What pages you were going from and to when the logout occurred.
2. Can you consistently reproduce it using those steps, even if you clear the cache? 
3. What region you're in (US, EU, etc.). 
4. What browser you're using. 

Thanks in advance for your assistance! Hopefully, we can get this sorted out soon. 

Happens to me a lot Pann (remember when it used to drop my tester status too :P)

1. Normally happens when I first select the page from frequently visited sites - often happens switching from main website to forums

2. Yes

3. EU

4. Chrome

only problem i've had was when i would be logged out, which i assume were from cookie time out, and trying to log into the forums. This requires me to log in twice for the forums to realize i'm actually logged in.  Last login there wasn't a problem.

1. Forums to dev tracker view all, which just brings up the website homepage and says I'm logged out, but if I go back to forums I'm still logged in.

2.yup

3. US

4.Opera

Also logging in, same as jetah log in to forums, brings me back to home page where I'm not logged in, just go back to forums and I'm logged in.

Edited by dig
additional info

Chrome: Canada

This is what I have found.  Logged out randomly.  Can't really say when but it seems to happen more if I am logged in and not doing anything for a period of time.

When I log back in, it will often still show me as logged out on the forums. I have tried the following things to clear that up.

Remove the /en/ from the redirected URL from crowfall.com/en/ to crowfall.com and hit refresh, it sometimes catches the logged in state.

When showing logged out, select a category in the list of available topics and sometimes I will end up logged in on the new page, despite having [Ctrl -F5] to reload the page previously.

Trying to simulate the issues for this post, I just triggered a false logged out state on the main page.  I simply converted https://community.crowfall.com to https://crowfall.com and despite remaining logged in on the forums, the main site has me not logged in.

I suspect it may have something to do with the difference between a URL with subdomain, and one that has no subdomains.  I have seen SSL wildcard certs behave strangely if there was nothing in the wildcard position.  (E.G. community.crowfall.com or www.crowfall.com would work fine, but crowfall.com would act all strange, even though it resolved correctly.)

Hope this helps.

Edited by KrakkenSmacken

1 hour ago, Pann said:

We're trying to find the common thread for this issue and could really use your help. 

If you're one of the many people who are getting unexpectedly logged out of the website, please tell us: 
2. Can you consistently reproduce it using those steps, even if you clear the cache? 

Thanks in advance for your assistance! Hopefully, we can get this sorted out soon. 

1) Forums

2) Nope

3) US

4) Chrome

1 hour ago, Pann said:

1. Any time I access the forums there's a chance it tells me I'm not logged in.  Doesn't seem to matter how recently I've gone through the process.

2. Nope.  It's inconsistent.

3. Canada

4. Happens in both Chrome and Firefox

Thanks for the responses. I've passed this along to Travian. Hopefully, it will be addressed soon. 

1. Clicking on my favorites tab which takes me directly to the main forums. OR Clicking on th Crowfall logo at the top right to go to the main site kusually because I want to look at the store.) 

2. No. It just randomly happens. 

3. USA

4. Chrome on my PC Chrome on my Android phon and Chrome on my tablet. 

_________

FYI I just clicked on the Crowfall logo on the forums and it logged me out on the main site...again. It's like it doesn't remember that I logged in. 

Edited by Keaggan

After some internal testing, it was determined that this was not an issue with our website, but with Invision (the software providers for the forum). EdZ contacted them, they did some magical things and it's supposed to be fixed now. I did some clicking back and forth between the forum and various sections of the website and it seems to be working properly. If you have a moment, please give it a try yourself and let us know if it's still broken for you. Thanks! 

I don't know if this has something to do with what you are talking about, but ...

... I nearly never get logged out of the forum itself. However, using MS Edge i get logged out of the website everytime single time i close the window. I am still logged in to the forum until i log out manually, though. So, logging in on the website and changing between forum and website is no problem. Closing the browser will log me out of the website, but keep me logged in regarding the forum.

This didn't change lately.

(btw i like it this way: better security for the account rewards management = where the money is) 

@Kraahk, please clear your cache, do a complete reboot and try again. If it's still bjorked, let me know. 

2 hours ago, Pann said:

@Kraahk, please clear your cache, do a complete reboot and try again. If it's still bjorked, let me know. 

@Pann

Now you have a security cert error.  

From our end, it appears that everything is functioning properly now. If you are still experiencing the logout issue with the site and forum, please let me know. 

It just happened.....I just prepare myself now. That I have to log into the website each time I visit it.

The forums seem to be ok so far. 

It just happened to me again, 2nd time since it was supposedly fixed.

I'm on the latest version of Chrome. I normally keep the CF Forums page open all the time, along with pages from other websites. I switched from one page to the CF Forums page and noticed I was logged out. 

I've tried in the past to make it happen, but have never been able to find a cause for it. It just seems to happen at random times, whether I'm actively using the site or not.

Grr. it's still happening to me, too, so I feel your pain. I've dropped another note to Travian. 

26 minutes ago, Pann said:

Grr. it's still happening to me, too, so I feel your pain. I've dropped another note to Travian. 

Is there a timer on it?

I know that my google account requires me to log in once a week and 2FA validate the login from my phone.

BTW, the logouts seem down, but has happened to me once.

On ‎02‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 12:50 AM, Pann said:

I did, and it didn't change anything at all.

What I have is: 

I can open the community.crowfall.com site directly or via community link on the crowfall.com website without any problem. I will still be logged in and can access it on my account - unless i logged out myself. Except of very rare occasions (maybe one or two times within 3 months).

I can open secondary sub-sites, like the guild management. I can invite people, manage the guild and so on. Still logged in.

But if i want to access my account management site, i'll have to enter my handle and password again. So, technically, regarding account management, i am logged out. 

Which - again - is ok for me, if this is not a bug but an account security thing.