Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unsure on current status

FaTaLLiMiT

Hey, so I found out about this game like...Oh god I don't even remember how long ago it was... But basically I was super interested but I didn't really like the whole on/off thing that the game had, like weekends of play and stuff and them being the only times you could play, just wasn't for my personal taste so I left it as a kinda "I'll check back after awhile to see if that's changed."

Welp, its been awhile now and here I am. It wouldn't let me post to any other section of the forum, likely because I haven't backed the game yet I imagine, so if its the wrong place, my bad. Just wondering what the game is like currently? Is it always available to play once backed? Still going through them "Alpha/Beta events" or however they are called?

The reason for my reluctance is, if anyone remembers Total War Arena, that was around a few years back and then disappeared for SUCH a long time, and its that sort of system of alpha/beta that I really don't like, so just trying to understand what state the current game is in for availability before I choose whether or not to back.

It's always on, however it's important to have the right expectations. It's sill in pre-alpha and NOT yet an alpha, despite some people claiming it as such. There's a big enough difference between the two to not view them as the same. Pre-alpha is a little more than a prototype. Crowfall is currently, in a few words, just an environment with stuff in it and PvP turned on. It's not an actual game just yet. There's a lot of crafting/harvesting bits to learn and all of the classes are unique enough from each other to give them all a try. You can easily spend hours going though it all. There's way more to test than there is to actually sit down and play though. Fun is subjective, however, and so despite the lack of actual game you might find something that reels you in long enough to log on each day. Or, maybe you just log in to check the patches. Everyone seems to approach the current iteration of Crowfall differently.

With that said, 5.5(the next patch) is supposed to be the start of Crowfall becoming a real game. I think a lot of us here are very excited for it. 

Thanks AceSiN! Thats really helpful! Its great news that its always on like you said! Back when I was looking, there was a rather complicated looking schedule of dates that the game would be "live" for certain pledge groups (like alpha 1, pre 3 or something along those lines) and my head was just like....whut XD

I will seriously consider grabbing it in the following few days in that case! I was always interested in the potential of this game. Never being a very big PvP player for MMO's (im one of those that instantly forgets the cast order or combos mid fight cos im caught in the moment) but with this game I feel like I would still enjoy it regardless! I will keep my expectations to that of say, a tech demo or something for the time being, to experience the different elements of the game that are in for now, but like I said, the main drawback for me was that it wasn't live 24/7, if thats no longer the case, I'me pretty much sold! :D

Be aware though that while the live server is 24/7, it is subject to wipes. Campaigns usually run 2 to 4 weeks depending on patch cycles. When a campaign ends, anything you have in that campaign will be lost. You can export stuff from the campaign to your spirit bank, and then import from your spirit bank into the next campaign, but there are limits on how much you can import and export. Your import/export limits reset with each new campaign, but there will also be times when spirit banks will get wiped too.

Your skill training may also be wiped, though skills are currently training 10x faster than normal for testing purposes.

There will absolutely, positively, without a doubt be a wipe of everything when the game soft launches. There is no date for soft launch, but they seem to be pushing to have it happen by the end of the year.