Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Personal EK and Guild EK

Devonic

If my guild sets up a city on my guild leaders EK, and I can put a few things down.  Do I still have the ability to build on my own EK?

Maybe something to do if a guild leader you gives access to a small area

13 hours ago, Devonic said:

If my guild sets up a city on my guild leaders EK, and I can put a few things down.  Do I still have the ability to build on my own EK?

Maybe something to do if a guild leader you gives access to a small area

Everybody gets an own kingdom. You can use it, but you don't have to. You can use each deed (like a building) only in one kingdom (if you have 1 Villa, you will have to choose where to place it, here or there, but you can always put it back into your inventory and place it somewhere else if you want  to).

• 1 month later...
On 3/1/2018 at 9:12 AM, Kraahk said:

Everybody gets an own kingdom. You can use it, but you don't have to. You can use each deed (like a building) only in one kingdom (if you have 1 Villa, you will have to choose where to place it, here or there, but you can always put it back into your inventory and place it somewhere else if you want  to).

So you can place other accounts buildings and work benches in 1 EK and it will be useable to the person that placed?

14 minutes ago, Hunt said:

So you can place other accounts buildings and work benches in 1 EK and it will be useable to the person that placed?

And it will be useable by others if the right setting are in place

2 minutes ago, Hunt said:

We don't know about the specific details yet, but we should get the missing informations within the next few pre-alpha stages, namely pre-alpha 5.6 and 5.7.

The basic idea is that we will be able to combine our efforts - and that we will be able let others use our stuff if we allow them to do so. 

You have to know that buildings and work stations are different things. The aimed hierarchy is: Kingdom (monarch), Parcel (noble), Building (vassal), objects (tennant). For example: If you are a vassal in a kingdom, the plan is that you will be allowed to place buildings on this parcel - and to define wether which people will be able to place/remove/use objects (like work stations) in them.

In the end it all depends on how far the possibility of settings will go. And about that we know nothing specific right now. 

However, the basic idea is that as a monarch you rule the EK and can grant noble rights. As a noble you can place & rule parcels and lesser things and grant vassal rights to others. As a vassal you can place & rule buildings and lesser things and grant tennant rights to others. And as a tennant you can place and rule objects. Always only as far as the higher one in the hierarchy allows. 

How this will look like, how it will work out, what is doable for the game within the given development time, we don't know yet. But, thats the basic idea. 

So, yes and no. It should be possible to share stuff of several accounts in one EK. Wether only the person who placed it or also others will be able to use it, this will depend on the settings. And regarding this we have general ideas - but no specific details yet (though they should come soon now).

That's surprising actually. You would think from a business perspective, ACE would not allow sharing of crafting stations in EKs as that would impact potential structure sales. I figured it would be set up as if you placed your own structure and bench, it was still purchased so the sale was made but they added the convenience to place your structures amongst friends. 

I was on the fence of purchasing a manor and greathall but was concerned they would be exclusive to one EK. Do we know for certain that they will allow them to be placed in other EKs?

15 minutes ago, Hunt said:

nThat's surprising actually. You would think from a business perspective, ACE would not allow sharing of crafting stations in EKs as that would impact potential structure sales. I figured it would be set up as if you placed your own structure and bench, it was still purchased so the sale was made but they added the convenience to place your structures amongst friends. 

I was on the fence of purchasing a manor and greathall but was concerned they would be exclusive to one EK. Do we know for certain that they will allow them to be placed in other EKs?

As i said, buildings parts and objects are not the same. If you want to place a work station in an EK, you will need tennant rights or higher. If you want to place buildings/building parts you will need vassal rights or higher. It's not the same.

By the way, you can not buy working stations in the shop. Those are items you necessarily need to craft ingame. You can buy buildings, like the manor or a lodge, which are needed as a base to place those stations. But you can also build those buildings out of ingame resources. And those you buy will be restricted to the Eternal Kingdoms. Which is to say: You can't import them to the Campaign Worlds to get yourselve an advantage there.

We know for certain, that we can freely choose where to place our bought deeds. In your own EK you can do whatever you want. If the monarch of another EK grants you noble rights, you can place parcels there (and buildings on your parcel and objects in houses within your parcels). If the monarch or a noble of another EK grants you vassal rights, you can place buildings there (and objects in those buildings).

You can of course use any deed only once. So if you have a manor and place it in the Eternal Kingdom "Universal Fluffy Bunnies", you won't be able to place it simultaneously in any other kingdom. You would have to delete it there and to place it in the other kingdom.

So yeah, they are exclusive to one EK. But you can always redo your decision and place it somewhere else. If you are allowed to place it there. 

Edited by Kraahk

Thanks for the info Kraahk. Very helpful.

If a Manor runs $180.00 USD, it should be interesting to see what is involved and required to make in game.

11 hours ago, Hunt said:

Thanks for the info Kraahk. Very helpful.

If a Manor runs $180.00 USD, it should be interesting to see what is involved and required to make in game.

At the current crafting values (converted to raw materials) it takes:

Rank 1 Advanced Stoneworking, 4800 nonbasic stone, 4000 hide, 21800 nonbasic wood, and 13905 nonbasic ore. That's assuming you built it from scratch, as housing and parcels work on an upgrade system, where you first build a smaller plot/structure deed and then upgrade it. So if you have, say, a cottage already, turning it in to a manor will require less materials.

However they've also shown off some new tech with the new castle and they want to expand that out so the values might remain the same and just be placed on a build site rather than used to craft a deed you just plop down fully built, or the costs might change as they get closer to the final incarnation and spin out these new more modular building systems.

They've also decided to stop selling these kinds of things in the shop quite soon as they want the building systems to be more social and reflective of ingame effort rather than to use them as monetization levers. If you've got some already, you've kinda got a leg up and you're part of the "seed" economy and you've shortcutted a lot of EK setup farming.

Edited by PopeUrban

LMAO my website is broken please click this to apply to Flames of Exile (maybe, if that's not busted too)

On 5/11/2015 at 1:48 PM, CAWCAWCAW said:

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I assumed that because vendors could be permitted on someone else's building and some one could put a building on someone else's land, guild mates could let each other use crafting stations.  If not, then a manor should provide a slot for each crafting station.