Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_JackalBark

FotW: Kingdoms and Vassals Pt. 2 - Official Discussion Thread

@jtoddcoleman I'm not a fan of the items returning to the Spirit Bank once a person is banished/banned/kicked from an EK.  Can we have it be restored to the purchases tab so it doesn't tie up the spirit bank?  Once a player has spent weeks or months in a CW they will likely have a Spirit Bank full of items.

Official Moderator of the Unofficial Crowfall Discord!  Come join the discussion @ https://discord.me/crowfall

15 minutes ago, Weebles said:

@jtoddcoleman I'm not a fan of the items returning to the Spirit Bank once a person is banished/banned/kicked from an EK.  Can we have it be restored to the purchases tab so it doesn't tie up the spirit bank?  Once a player has spent weeks or months in a CW they will likely have a Spirit Bank full of items.

That would require handling it two ways-- one for purchased assets, another for crafted assets. It wouldn't really make sense to "return" crafted assets to the purchases tab.

IhhQKY6.gif

Part 1 of this meeting was cool.  Part 2 added nothing worthy of a second video, sadly.   Your meeting dragged on too long, Todd.

Also, I hope 5.5 isn't waiting on this EK poorly made socks.  Force us to make everything in-world by giving us no exports until the end.  Takes the EK poorly made socks out of the equation and lets us move forward with the parts of the game that matter to me.  Just sayin'

Edited by Durenthal

so a question for @jtoddcoleman will the 'taxes, costs' for EK's be paid forward or paid from the format of arrears?  If you kick a tenant out on the 15th of the month ... is there any chance they have pre-paid ahead taxes? Would those be returned to the tenant if booted before they complete their paid cycle? Would the EK owner then have to carry the cost of taxes on the plot that was booted? 

Don't forget, the one EK that no one will judge you for looting your guilds treasury is Anhrez's Doober Shack. Where you can take those long con gains and 'simplify' them to more easily fit in your inventory. While you are unloading your hard earned winnings, swing by the Bazaar and pick up something to celebrate your genius.

LR0tCJt.png

More of the same, but I like that your head is in the "higher in the heirarchy can full-stop edit mode"

Looking forward to finally having a working multi-user EK in "phase 1"

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

9 hours ago, Weebles said:

So long as you don't lose anything it would be no problem 4 them to go to the spirit bank.

This should definitely be an exception to the spirit bank maximum, to curtail griefing behavior.

I think the K-Mart of MMO's already exists!  And it ain't us!   :)

I really hate to dissagree with JTodd here, or... well ever. Butttt.... I don't think people will work together just because it's in their best interest, or because they are in a guild together. That's part of the whole political drama that will play out in a "throne war" game.

TL;DR; I don't like just being a naysayer, which is why I suggested a solution in response to the last FotW here.

Using overflow could be bad because buildings take up lots of room. Maybe the spirit bank will be getting pages or something, but I really hope we don't fall into the pay extra for inventory trap. It's the worst type of purchase pressure. Especially if I'm a subscribing player, I don't expect to then have to pay for inventory on top of that. As it stands the spirit bank seems barely capable of holding the things I get from a single campaign. Let alone buildings, vessels, disciplines, all of varying quality levels. I'm new here so maybe there was a clear cut discussion on how the spirit bank is just a place holder right now, but as it stands I don't see how it could possibly be adequate.

So lets say I have placed down 20 building items on a parcel (walls, vendors, buildings, cosmetics). That's a rather conservative amount tbh, but for the sake of argument... Now those items get re-deeded for whatever reason. They are sitting in my overflow. I have to either delete them (assuming they make that an option), place them down somewhere (assuming they make that an option), or delete the things in my inventory to make room... you get the picture. I have to do all that before I can import or do anything with my spirit bank. Presumably because someone decided to re-deed my stuff. Now you could say, "Well that's part of the risk you take when you blah blah." Sure you could do that. Then you are programming a system no one will use because the risk vs reward is just not there. Why would I put myself at that kind of risk when I can place these things on my own parcel. Personally I wouldn't risk my gameplay like that even if it was the only way to sell things. I would rather sell my things to the monarch and let him sell it on than set up a shop and parcel on his land. Or sell them directly. There would quickly be an out of game website where people advertised their things for sale and then made personal delivery trades in EKs rather than setup shops like they do in Path of Exile right now. I won't risk wrecking my inventory and so forth.

Here was my immediate thought when this was discussed. I am in the Barbers guild. The Hair Dressers are my rivals. My guild (the Barbers) is always getting the best stuff from the campaigns and getting a big advantage in the next one. I am sick of my guild leadership though, and I'm thinking about leaving. The Hair Dressers approach me and pay me a ton of gold to screw my guild on the way out. Right before the new campaign ends I re-deed all of the buildings and parcels I have access to so my guild can't export and they lose potentially 3 months worth of export goods. Too crazy? Well maybe I'm just disgruntled at the EX guild because they are planning to move their shop to a different monarchy, or the girl I liked went to their guild instead of mine, etc. So I just wait until the end of the campaign to ruin their day/month. I could tell you a story where each one of these situations played out in other MMOs, and some of them not infrequently.

All of it comes down to people aren't going to want to use this feature if the game mechanics will screw them over. The fixes are there, and I think it could start with extending the spirit bank to be 1000 unique stacks allowed or something along those lines. Also having an "asset holding" redemption that stands independent of the spirit bank where re-deeded items would go. I know we can't account for everything players "might" do, but I would be concerned if mechanics are built around everyone playing nice. This will be so much harder, if not impossible, to fix later. It touches on many core systems (spirit bank, deeds, player market, import/export, etc).

Edited by defiantdaniel